Disney on Ice tips?

newtodcl

Mouseketeer
We have tickets to the Dare to Dream ice show in Atlanta. This is our first Disney ice show. Any tips for us? Is there any chance to actually meet the characters, any advantage to getting there a little early, etc? We plan on saying NO to overpriced souvenirs, unless someone has a great tip or idea! Do the little girls wear princess dresses to the show? As you can see - I have plenty of questions, so fire away with answers!!1:rotfl::rotfl:

We go this week-end so I will let you know! I already told everyone..no food there, but will end up buying one of the light up toys I am sure.

I go every year. The little girls always dress up and even the boys ( we have gone as mickey, peter pan and captain hook). All of teh souvenirs are very over priced. I gave in and bought them some cotton candy one year and it was !0.00, but it came with a crown. There are no meet and greets. At the very end some of the characters will line up on the edge of the ice and shake hands with the dinner show people, but they only stay for about one minute. If it is anything like here in Birmingham you will want to try to get there about an hour before hand for parking. You will enjoy the show every much, try to potty before it starts so that you do not have to fight the crowds at intermission. I'm not sure what time you are going, but we always try to eat before we go so that we are not tempted to buy over priced food.

Thanks for the tips! I got tickets to our very first Disney on Ice show for oct 22nd. We are all very excited and I didn't even think about dressing up my girls in costume - now they will!

Is it cold inside? I assume it has to be colder than normal concert b/c of all the ice?? All of our costumes are more summery ones so will need a jacket or shirt underneath maybe...

Are photos allowed (maybe w/o flash?)

Thanks!

We always dress for what ever the weather outside is and are fine. It is not as cold as you would think. The first time we went I took coats for the kids, but did not need them. In fact the last tiem we went we wore long sleeve t's and jeans and got warm ( all the people so close maybe)If the dresses are sleeveless you may want to bring a light jacket just in case. You can take photos but they will tell you more than once that no flashes are allowed. If you have good seats and good camera you will get great photos because of the lighting they have ( or at least we have).

We go to the Atlanta show about every year. Phillips Arena is connected to CNN center which has a pretty decent food court. We usually plan to get there a little early so we have time to eat in the food court then just walk thru the connecting door to the arena, everyone is full so it saves on snacks. But if you do have to buy a souvenir I would advise the sno-cone, it's around $10-15 but you get a neat mug to bring home.
Friday night is Girl Scout night and last year they let all GS stay after the show and some of the cast came out and did a little presentation. They talked about the techincal parts like lighting and sound, some about the skating. It was pretty cool. It lasted about 15-20 minutes. If you're there on Friday night just stay in your seat after the show.

Buy your light-up toys beforehand!

We went to the show last week, and am so glad I thought to do that.

I went to Walgreens, got a pumpkin and a ghost spinner toy, for $5 each.

The spinner toys at the show were $22 each! :scared1:

But I did splurge and let younger dd get popcorn ($5), and older dd get M&M's ($4) and a water ($4).

Wish I had thought about bringing along candy.. although they did do bag searches, so not sure it would've even been allowed in.

I always take a bag like a small diaper bag and put a couple of (CLEAN!) pullups in it and hide snacks inside of the pullups. That way if they look in my bag, they probably aren't going to open up the pullups to check to see if there's anything hiding in there. I always take 2 ziploc baggies of a homemade trail mix that I make for my daughter's snacks. Never been an issue for Disney on Ice or Disney Live events. I don't find the venues to be chilly, but we are never right down on the ice either.

We went to Toy Story last year and I will be taking dd to the Princess one this year. I thought it would have been chillier than it was in there. Not too bad. The shows are a lot of fun. I don't remember having an opportunity to meet any characters. I brought and used my camera with no problem.

Definitely wear costumes! I brought light up toys for my girls and they were fine with it. Things are so, so overpriced! I even had sippy cup and snacks for the 20-month old and that was fine. We set boundaries with the 6 yo (no souvies). It was a great show! You can take photos and videos. I recommend getting there early as well. It wasn't as cold as we thought it would be, but we did bring light sweaters.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for all the tips! Will have DDs wear costumes, bring some snacks, light-up toys and a light sweater.

I forget when the first show is but if/when you see it, let us know how it is! I go in 2 weeks and will report back.

DD6 is soooooo looking forward to Maximus and Rapunzel!:love::cloud9:

I also thank everyone for sharing their advice and tips! It is nice to know what to expect price wise and all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter