Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. While I am happy I will get to watch it immediately at no charge, I think Pixar deserves better. I hope their next ones get the full theatrical release they deserve!
Me too. I am assuming it's partly with delays from COVID that they are trying not to throw too many movies at once in theatres and be competing with themselves, and this can help drive subscriptions for their service which gets them more money too so I understand it. But hopefully next year Pixar will be back in theatres. The teams working on these films definitely deserve to have their work shown in cinemas as well.

Pixar may have done it again ... 'Luca' certified FRESH on Rotten Tomatoes and early reviews are sounding very good ...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/luca_2021
Currently sitting at 91% with critics, but the scores usually drop a bit after release. Although I'm a D+ subscriber, I'm disappointed that Disney chose the D+ route for the Pixar films. Pixar should not be relegated to boosting D+ subscriptions before a theatrical run ... just my opinion
I cannot tell you how excited I am for this film. Italy is our favorite country to visit and just seeing the previews makes me long for the Cinque Terre!

Yes!

Finally got around to seeing Raya. It not bad. It's not a movie I'd make a point to watch again but if it was on, I'd watch it. I'm just a sucker for films with a good sound track. I'll watch Princess and the Frog, Moana or Coco 100 to 1 over Movies like Inside Out, Wreck it Ralph or Raya. Just a personal preference.

Finally got around to seeing Raya. It not bad. It's not a movie I'd make a point to watch again but if it was on, I'd watch it. I'm just a sucker for films with a good sound track. I'll watch Princess and the Frog, Moana or Coco 100 to 1 over Movies like Inside Out, Wreck it Ralph or Raya. Just a personal preference.
I agree with you overall. I really enjoyed Raya though, but it was just missing something that those other films had to really make it great. Wreck it Ralph was excellent though and I would put it u p there with the others.

I will also second the recommendation for Benedict Society. I just watched the first episode and absolutely loved it!

Its really good- the kids are all very good- I thought it was going to be cheesy, but its really interesting- Looks like 8 Episodes total
I will also second the recommendation for Benedict Society. I just watched the first episode and absolutely loved it!

Totally agree. I LOVED THIS SHOW! :D

We have no kids, but we watched and thought it was great! Funny, interesting characters and smart.

I'm going to check out Secret of Sulphur Springs too!

Between this show, Raya and Luca, Disney has been on a hot streak for me lately!

Totally agree. I LOVED THIS SHOW! :D

We have no kids, but we watched and thought it was great! Funny, interesting characters and smart.

I'm going to check out Secret of Sulphur Springs too!

Between this show, Raya and Luca, Disney has been on a hot streak for me lately!

Sulphur Springs is great - very well done and even does unexpected things. Avoid spoilers on this one as it is a mystery, a la Stranger Things.

Sulphur Springs is great - very well done and even does unexpected things. Avoid spoilers on this one as it is a mystery, a la Stranger Things.

Great! Looking forward to it!

We leave for Disney in around week we go - this will fit right in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!