Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that I am just not surprised Disney did it this way because its what they do with everything.

I get that in hindsight; they should have disclosed that during the D+ account creation process.
If I had been asked to just enter my login and password information when I set up Disney+, that would have been a big red flag for me and I would have used a different email address for the Disney+ account right off the bat. But I was prompted to create a login and password. I probably wouldn't care about this if I hadn't given my kids the login info (which I did before I knew that password worked for every Disney account I have....and had credit cards linked to.) Fortunately, at this point, none of them know that password works for everything...and I've removed my credit card info at shopDisney and MDE for now. I don't mind that everything else has the same login info...I wouldn't ever share my password for those things with anyone else. But a streaming service....that can stream on 4 devices at once???? The chances of someone sharing that information with other people is pretty high. I think an obvious message stating that during the sign-up process would have been nice (instead of a "Your password doesn't match. Did you sign up for a Disney+ Account? Please use that password to log in to the this account" message). At least then each person could decide how they want to handle it right at the sign-up instead of having to sit on hold for who knows how long and then deal with the lovely Disney IT department to get it changed.

Also, it is bad security practice to allow a password to be changed without providing the current password. Under this current setup, I could create a D+ account with someone else's email address, set a "new" D+ password, then log into MDE/DVC and further change account settings.

I suppose an unintended bonus to signing up with Verizon is you use your account information for login and e-mail address. My husband is the one with Verizon and I'm the one with the MDE account so they are separate. I agree that Disney should have disclosed the password/login information.

I suppose an unintended bonus to signing up with Verizon is you use your account information for login and e-mail address. My husband is the one with Verizon and I'm the one with the MDE account so they are separate. I agree that Disney should have disclosed the password/login information.
My email is the same for Verizon and MDE. My password is not.

My email is the same for Verizon and MDE. My password is not.
If my husband had set up an MDE account he could have used the same e-mail though yes the password could be different since Verizon and Disney accounts are not tied together.

As is I'm the one with the MDE account so it's my information (e-mail and password). My husband has the Verizon account so it's his information (e-mail and password). Point being they can be separate whereas those who signed up with Disney have to go through an additional hoop if they want it to be completely separate (I believe using a completely different e-mail address). You could use the same e-mail address with your Verizon account as your MDE account and have even a same password but changing a password on your Verizon account won't change your MDE account password. For those who signed up with Disney directly it will change the Disney Account password too. I guess that's more what I was referring to.

Marvel fans. Thor ragnarok come out tomorrow.

I know him he’s a friend from work. Remember that?
One of my favorite Marvel movies. I've watched this one on Netflix more than any other, though I find myself fast forwarding through almost all of the Hel scenes at this point and just watching for the comedic elements. Jeff Goldblum... fantastic.

Mando was good this week, felt much more like a set up for future episodes than past episodes have. Imagineering episode was really enjoyable, feels like they went and pulled a bunch of threads together and went into more detail on some of the transformations.

ETA; the ending of this Imagineering episode was gold, from what happened at Tokyo onward, IMO. Can't wait til the next one.

Last edited:
John Boyega said he won’t be seen in Disney plus projects. Guess he thinks he’s too good for it. Hopefully Disney will cut him off from any thing in the future. Bite the hand that feeds you. If he thinks that way he didn’t have to make it public.

Last edited:
John Boyega said he won’t be seen in Disney plus projects. Guess he thinks he’s too good for it. Hopefully Disney will cut him off from any thing in the future. Bite the hand that feeds you. If he thinks that way he didn’t have to make it public.

It has always been true that film stars thought TV was beneath them...until such point in their careers that it was all they could get! It's not really surprising, but I didn't care for his tone. Streaming is certainly changing the way both Movies and TV are presented - The Mandalorian is not being done on a network TV budget, that's for sure! I think he may have been trying to joke about it, but it did come off poorly. That said, it's not a huge deal to me or anything.

Mando was good this week, felt much more like a set up for future episodes than past epi

Yes mandalorian was good this week. The other four episodes was great but this chapter was only good. It seemed like a filler
Episode. John campea said chapter 5 sucks. I usually agree with him but I wouldn’t say it sucked it was good but not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter