Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
“We go into production right after that on season 3 of the Mandalorian.”

they already started production and I believe filming of Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian starts in January
Right but it sounded like Mando season 3 will not debut in December 2021 but rather the Book of Boba Fett will be what Kathy Kennedy called season 3 and season 3 of Mando will come at a later date.

Right but it sounded like Mando season 3 will not debut in December 2021 but rather the Book of Boba Fett will be what Kathy Kennedy called season 3 and season 3 of Mando will come at a later date.

Thats definitely possible. But I would guess Book of Boba Fett would lead into Mandalorian S3, so it wouldn’t be much later if it is that we only get 1 in December. If the IGN date is to be believed, and it’s really tough to set a date for a show that far in advance that’s not even finished, something else is also coming out in that time frame, more than likely either Hawkeye or Ms. Marvel to fill the Friday slot. Personally if they’re airing Star Wars and Marvel shows simultaneously, I’d prefer the Star Wars show on Friday and Marvel during the week

Yup.

Boba Fett in December 2021, Mandalorian is probably looking at a mid to late 2022 if I had to guess.

Yup.

Boba Fett in December 2021, Mandalorian is probably looking at a mid to late 2022 if I had to guess.

If they’re going into production in January for Mando, it wouldn’t be that long. They started filming S2 in January 2020 and could have actually started airing it in September if they wanted. It really all depends on the other 2 shows as well because Rangers and Ahsoka are supposedly coming in 2021 as well

Brushing over a very exciting tid-bit that Robert Rodriguez is also on board to produce. That’s huge news. This show is going to be brutal. Sopranos in space

“We go into production right after that on season 3 of the Mandalorian.”

they already started production and I believe filming of Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian starts in January
This lines up with the reports that Boba had started filming a month ago.

Brushing over a very exciting tid-bit that Robert Rodriguez is also on board to produce. That’s huge news. This show is going to be brutal. Sopranos in space

is interesting how they can have something like that on D+ without needing the "mature" rating ... though maybe that will be rolled out prior to Boba Fett show starting

is interesting how they can have something like that on D+ without needing the "mature" rating ... though maybe that will be rolled out prior to Boba Fett show starting

I really don't think it will be any more "hardcore" than The Mandalorian, which is to say not really. They want to keep Star Wars at that barely-PG-13 sweet spot and I do not think they will do anything more mature than we have seen. Remember, Robert Rodriguez has directed some extremely violent movies but also directed Spy Kids. He's not going to go over-the-top with it.

Yeah, we’re not going to see blood spraying everywhere, but there will likely be some moments where you’re stunned to see some of the brutality at the hands of Fett. You saw it in The Tragedy, and even in The Rescue (from Din). They’re not afraid of pushing the boundaries. It won’t go R, but these aren’t shows geared towards very young children either.

Yeah, we’re not going to see blood spraying everywhere, but there will likely be some moments where you’re stunned to see some of the brutality at the hands of Fett. You saw it in The Tragedy, and even in The Rescue (from Din). They’re not afraid of pushing the boundaries. It won’t go R, but these aren’t shows geared towards very young children either.
I'll admit to being surprised when I became a parent that many Disney movies are geared towards 7+. Before then I thought I'd begin showing her Disney movies around 3yo but as I understood more i realized she wasn't ready for many Disney movies until much older than 3yo. Even many animated movies are geared older, IMHO.

Oh, I don't know - I think the violence level in the Mandalorian is in line with the movies - those always have limbs getting chopped off by lightsabers and people getting cut in half. I don't know that they are geard for "very young children" but I don't think they're too inappropriate for kids in general. This stuff was all PG in the 80's and 90's. It'll be about the same tone as all the other Star Wars media.

I'll admit to being surprised when I became a parent that many Disney movies are geared towards 7+. Before then I thought I'd begin showing her Disney movies around 3yo but as I understood more i realized she wasn't ready for many Disney movies until much older than 3yo. Even many animated movies are geared older, IMHO.

I think our idea of what's appropriate has changed though. As I mentioned, what was PG in the 80's is now considered PG-13. We are more protective of kids in general. A lot of the old Disney animation has some pretty harrowing, scary stuff in it, but Walt didn't believe in talking down to kids. The movies weren't strictly for kids anyway, they were for "everybody" - the idea that animation was strictly for children came later.

Last edited:
"different area" is interesting choice of words ... almost like he is positioning his stuff separate from the sequel trilogy entirely (not that they didn't happen/don't exists but also that they aren't necessarily relevant to what he is doing)

Oh, people are reading into that because they want to. In the full interview he is complimentary of Rise of Skywalker and JJ. Fans want Dave to hat it because they do - but Dave does not hate it, nor does he hate the prequels. Dave's just doing his thing with his characters and he will explain it all so that it makes sense.

"different area" is interesting choice of words ... almost like he is positioning his stuff separate from the sequel trilogy entirely (not that they didn't happen/don't exists but also that they aren't necessarily relevant to what he is doing)

My immediate thoughts as well. Disney has invested too much in that series to completely ignore it, how many Billions did Galaxy’s edge cost? But it sounds like they’re at least separating storylines that could be explained differently than what JJ and Rian intended them to go.

My immediate thoughts as well. Disney has invested too much in that series to completely ignore it, how many Billions did Galaxy’s edge cost? But it sounds like they’re at least separating storylines that could be explained differently than what JJ and Rian intended them to go.

They've been retconning Star Wars since The Empire Strikes Back. It doesn't mean anything. The Sequel Trilogy will stand and is respected by the creators working on the new stuff.

Not sure if this is still spoiler worthy, but out of an abundance of caution here we are.

Whenever I see the Book of Boba Fett I keep pronouncing 'Boba' in my head in the weird way Bib Fortuna said his name in that last episode.

Sigh. I wish this would stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter