• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
o, that worked, so I guess I'll continue. We watched last week's episode, The jedi, in our room at BWV, gave up rope dropping at MK. Ahsoka is my daughter's favorite character, so she loved it. we all did. Today tho, since 1977, my favorite character has been Luke Skywalker. Since 1980, by second favorite character was Boba Fett, and I've been waiting since 1983 to see him in his armor again. I'd always hoped he survived the Sarlacc (read the Bounty hunter book in the 90s, and hoped it would be canon,) but I actually was ok with him just showing up at the end of episode 9, like at least he was alive. didn't see this coming. When Slave 1 appeared. wow. I expected the Child to be taken, I thought it might happen while he was communing with other Jedi, but not a surprise. My biggest surprise, after Fett, was the Razor Crest blowing up. THAT was crazy. I cant' believe that. I hope we at least get a glimpse of a Jedi at the end of the season. I don't think one will fight Gideon, that will be up to Bo Kataan, Din Djarin , and the rest, but I hope we get a tease of a Jedi, and I sure hope it's Ezra. I dont' play the video games, but Cal Kestis would be ok too from what I read

Well that was an episode.

I was shocked they reached Tython so soon. Had thought it might be an end of season destination.

I was rooting for Temura to show up as Rex this season but looks like everyone else was right. I appreciate that Fennec is back. As a bit of a sharpshooter myself I like her character. I can see her being a popular cosplayer choice. She has some sweet moves. If everything else fails, throw your helmet at the stormtroopers.

I can't believe the Crest is gone. Not sure there is any coming back from that. Though if he ever feels like parting with that staff it could fund a new ship easy. And of course the shifter ball survived.

Seeing Fett back in the armor was more exciting than I thought, though he did look like he gained a bit of weight. Sometimes I need to stop and remind myself what universe this is, and that it's the young Boba from the Clone Wars cartoons instead of the guy from the Legends books. He did kick some pretty major butt. With him and Fennec I'm shocked they lost Grogu.

Little complaint...just how many whistling birds does Mando have?!

Of course they had to have him take off the jetpack.

So I assume Grogu finished what he came to do. Which might mean someone is on their way to him...who that someone is? I do like the thought of Cal Kestis (which will of course introduce BD1 to the mainstream audience, talk about merch), but I am not counting on that. I don't think Ezra is showing up, I think there will be the spin off show where Ahsoka and Sabine go to find him.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Luke Skywalker himself shows up at this point. I think it would just be for one episode. I need that Force Awakens moment where I always wish the lightsaber in the final battle had flown into Luke's hand.

So it looks like the penultimate episode will be a 'getting the gang back together for the big fight'. I don't expect to see Ahsoka again. Mando would be foolish not to call in Bo Katan, she wants Gideon and the darksaber. Not sure if Cara will come for the fight, but I think she'll help him find Bill Burr. There's a shoot off, who is the better sharpshooter, Bill Burr or Fennec?

I was very curious to see if Grogu was going to kill the troopers, but he did not. So not total dark side yet.

Still, I think we are left with the thought that he completed his Force call, so someone is coming.

o, that worked, so I guess I'll continue. We watched last week's episode, The jedi, in our room at BWV, gave up rope dropping at MK. Ahsoka is my daughter's favorite character, so she loved it. we all did. Today tho, since 1977, my favorite character has been Luke Skywalker. Since 1980, by second favorite character was Boba Fett, and I've been waiting since 1983 to see him in his armor again. I'd always hoped he survived the Sarlacc (read the Bounty hunter book in the 90s, and hoped it would be canon,) but I actually was ok with him just showing up at the end of episode 9, like at least he was alive. didn't see this coming. When Slave 1 appeared. wow. I expected the Child to be taken, I thought it might happen while he was communing with other Jedi, but not a surprise. My biggest surprise, after Fett, was the Razor Crest blowing up. THAT was crazy. I cant' believe that. I hope we at least get a glimpse of a Jedi at the end of the season. I don't think one will fight Gideon, that will be up to Bo Kataan, Din Djarin , and the rest, but I hope we get a tease of a Jedi, and I sure hope it's Ezra. I dont' play the video games, but Cal Kestis would be ok too from what I read

The Crest getting blown up was such a shock to me, did not see that coming - and with all it went through this season getting rebuilt time and time again

If you guys like in depth breakdowns of stuff like Mando, Star Wars in general, the MCU, DC, etc, you should check these guys out. They do in depth reviews of Mando every Friday and Saturday one of the guys basically does a super in depth breakdown of stuff you may have missed

Ok, some predictions for rest of season - and would love to hear every one's guesses

I think Cara doesn't fully join the crew but shows up later when they are in trouble having gotten the two X-Wing pilots to join her. Blue's comment of "there is more going on" ties into Boba saying "the empire is back" - so could be what gets them to get involved

Gotta get a duels between Din with the beskar spear and Gideon with the Dark Saber

As to what Jedi answers Grogu's call? I think Cal is most likely. I don't think Ezra and the search for him I think needs to play out vs him just showing up. Maybe Like but that feels too "big". A gutsy call would be for it to be Leia.

Other than Cal I think Quinlan Voss is most likely. Largely unknown to most people he has a complex backstory that straddles the light and dark side

Thoughts?

Ok, some predictions for rest of season - and would love to hear every one's guesses

I think Cara doesn't fully join the crew but shows up later when they are in trouble having gotten the two X-Wing pilots to join her. Blue's comment of "there is more going on" ties into Boba saying "the empire is back" - so could be what gets them to get involved

Gotta get a duels between Din with the beskar spear and Gideon with the Dark Saber

As to what Jedi answers Grogu's call? I think Cal is most likely. I don't think Ezra and the search for him I think needs to play out vs him just showing up. Maybe Like but that feels too "big". A gutsy call would be for it to be Leia.

Other than Cal I think Quinlan Voss is most likely. Largely unknown to most people he has a complex backstory that straddles the light and dark side

Thoughts?
I would love for the Jedi to be someone unexpected. Maybe even reintroducing a character from the Legends EU like Kyle Katarn, Curran Horn, or even Mara Jade. But Cal would be a good fit. Just will be interesting to see how he’s cast. Would they use the voice actor from the game? Cal would be in his 40s at this point and the actor that played him is only in his 20s. But even an unknown Jedi would be good. Mando and Gorgu were unknowns prior to this series and have become fan favorites, this is the opportunity to have a new Jedi join the SW lore and become a favorite.

Well that was an episode.

I was shocked they reached Tython so soon. Had thought it might be an end of season destination.

They seem to be moving along really quickly this season. There were at least 3 episodes in S1 that were “filler” with little to no connective tissue, though some of the connections are coming back this season. I’m really loving the flow of this season. For me The Boys S2 was going to be super hard to top, but if Mando sticks the landing, it’s not a contest

I was rooting for Temura to show up as Rex this season but looks like everyone else was right. I appreciate that Fennec is back. As a bit of a sharpshooter myself I like her character. I can see her being a popular cosplayer choice. She has some sweet moves. If everything else fails, throw your helmet at the stormtroopers.

I’m wondering if we’ll see Rex in this series at this point. It’s always likely considering what we’ve seen almost every week since the Dark Saber was revealed, so never say never, but I could also see the Animated series connections cross over to the Ahsoka show (maybe that’s where we get Rex?)and Mandalorian goes back to new stories, new characters.

I can't believe the Crest is gone. Not sure there is any coming back from that. Though if he ever feels like parting with that staff it could fund a new ship easy. And of course the shifter ball survived.

The Razor Crest has become a fan favorite ship. It’s crazy they blew it up, but it shows how they’re not pulling punches in this series. Definitely makes me question more and more what will happen of Grogu. It seemed, and still seems that Grogu and Mando will sail off in the sunset together as father and son, but Favreau is doing a good job with “Maybe don’t get too comfortable with things you love”.

I could see the staff being traded for a ship too. They seem to be teasing that the staff is going to come into play in a big battle with Gideon eventually, but Mando is a gunslinger, he doesn’t really need the staff. I don’t think he even used it in today’s episode?

Seeing Fett back in the armor was more exciting than I thought, though he did look like he gained a bit of weight. Sometimes I need to stop and remind myself what universe this is, and that it's the young Boba from the Clone Wars cartoons instead of the guy from the Legends books. He did kick some pretty major butt. With him and Fennec I'm shocked they lost Grogu.

idk why I didn’t get the feels for Boba Fett in his armour like everyone else. Maybe because it wasn’t the full get-up? But that would have been ridiculous if he came out in the full suit since Mando only got the chest piece, jet pack and helmet from Cobb Vanth.
I’m not shocked they lost Grogu, I said it last week after Chapter 13 that he was going to be taken eventually. Eventually the cat was going to catch the mouse

Didn’t he only use it once? He pulled it out in the standoff with Boba and Fennec but didn’t use it. Or do you mean in general? I never have any idea how those things reload. Is it like Spider-Man with the webbing? It’s like Hawkeye. How does he always have arrows? There’s no way he goes around grabbing up all the ones he used

So I assume Grogu finished what he came to do. Which might mean someone is on their way to him...who that someone is? I do like the thought of Cal Kestis (which will of course introduce BD1 to the mainstream audience, talk about merch), but I am not counting on that. I don't think Ezra is showing up, I think there will be the spin off show where Ahsoka and Sabine go to find him.

Someone is definitely going to hear the call, they wouldn’t have used this episode and that plot device if a Jedi wasn’t showing up

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Luke Skywalker himself shows up at this point. I think it would just be for one episode. I need that Force Awakens moment where I always wish the lightsaber in the final battle had flown into Luke's hand.

And I’m starting to get the feeling it’s going to be Luke. De-aged Hamill ala RoS, not Sebastian Stan

So it looks like the penultimate episode will be a 'getting the gang back together for the big fight'. I don't expect to see Ahsoka again. Mando would be foolish not to call in Bo Katan, she wants Gideon and the darksaber. Not sure if Cara will come for the fight, but I think she'll help him find Bill Burr. There's a shoot off, who is the better sharpshooter, Bill Burr or Fennec?

Cara will be there for the team up, 100%. I think Greef Karga will as well. That’s the trinity of the series. Even if they’re not together in every episode, they’re still advertised as the 3 big stars (non-muppet). For them to only be in 1-2 episodes together would be weird.

I’m not so sure about Bo Katan now. I think Sasha Banks from wrestling said her character wasn’t returning this season (she could easily be lying) and since her character was with Bo Katan, you’d think they’d be together if they came back. Ahsoka was one and done. She had her goodbye. But I also didn’t expect Boba Fett back this season, so maybe I’m wrong

I was very curious to see if Grogu was going to kill the troopers, but he did not. So not total dark side yet.

it’s all in the tease. Builds up suspense if you think he might turn to the dark side. But truth of the matter is, Grogu makes Disney far too much money to turn him to the dark side. Yes, Disney makes a ton of money off of villains, but because he’s a cute little muppet, I think this is a little different.

Still, I think we are left with the thought that he completed his Force call, so someone is coming.

Thoughts?

Already went into my predictions a bit with my above spoiler post, but again....

-season endgame fight crew: Mando, Fennec, Boba, Bo Katan and co, I think Bill Burr will bail out after next episode. I can also see Cara and Greef showing up at the very end

-some more potential Grogu dark side leanings or choices

-I don't think we'll see a new Crest or a new ship until next season

-death: I think they will kill some more characters this season, Last season we lost IG-11 and Kuiil. This is a tough one, would be a shame to kill Boba when he's just back so I think he's safe. Fennec could be up, I also have to wonder if Bo Katan might get killed and somehow pass the baton of the darksaber onto Mando and ask him to rebuild Mandalore.

-Filoni is a student of George. Could this season count as their Empire when the movie ends on a somewhat sad cliff hanger? Do they maybe not recover Grogu until next season?

-So if we are going to end with Grogu not being recovered, maybe one of the last scenes is Luke or the other Jedi showing up. We did end last season with the appearance of the darksaber, which was a big gasp for a lot of fans. What will the wow moment be this season? I know Cal is very popular among video games, but I feel like having Cal show up in Mando would be the equivalent of Kyle Katarn showing up in the prequels. Can it actually happen?! I don't think it's Ezra. Think it will be Luke or someone new.

I just get the feeling it’s Luke. He’s out there, why would he ignore the call? Idk if the person on the other side could see Grogu, or just feel him, but if he’s getting a call and he sees/senses it’s a call from a being that of what his mentor was, a species that as far as we know Luke only knew of Yoda, would he really ignore that call? I could be thinking way too deep. I’m fine with whatever they choose. I have no reason not to trust Favreau. Unless the Jedi is the Frog Lady, or Frog Man. Or they have a New England accent. I’ll be done with the series for good

How long until we get a couple of Mando missions on Star Tours? It’s gotta be inevitable at this point. And god only knows if/when they’re going to replace it. There’s so many options of settings and characters they could choose from, and that line would be 3 hours long

Already went into my predictions a bit with my above spoiler post, but again....

-season endgame fight crew: Mando, Fennec, Boba, Bo Katan and co, I think Bill Burr will bail out after next episode. I can also see Cara and Greef showing up at the very end

-some more potential Grogu dark side leanings or choices

-I don't think we'll see a new Crest or a new ship until next season

-death: I think they will kill some more characters this season, Last season we lost IG-11 and Kuiil. This is a tough one, would be a shame to kill Boba when he's just back so I think he's safe. Fennec could be up, I also have to wonder if Bo Katan might get killed and somehow pass the baton of the darksaber onto Mando and ask him to rebuild Mandalore.

-Filoni is a student of George. Could this season count as their Empire when the movie ends on a somewhat sad cliff hanger? Do they maybe not recover Grogu until next season?

-So if we are going to end with Grogu not being recovered, maybe one of the last scenes is Luke or the other Jedi showing up. We did end last season with the appearance of the darksaber, which was a big gasp for a lot of fans. What will the wow moment be this season? I know Cal is very popular among video games, but I feel like having Cal show up in Mando would be the equivalent of Kyle Katarn showing up in the prequels. Can it actually happen?! I don't think it's Ezra. Think it will be Luke or someone new.

I think the death is Cara. I think her conversation with the X-Wing pilot about losing everyone from Alderaan was foreshadowing, along with her turning a new leaf. I think that’s why Disney has been kind of hush-hush on the backlash she received for her Social Media posts. Why make a big fuss over it when the season is already shot and finished, and if she sacrifices herself at the end of the season, her and Disney go their separate ways. Having her kicked off a show 3 weeks before the Season started was never going to happen

They seem to be moving along really quickly this season. There were at least 3 episodes in S1 that were “filler” with little to no connective tissue, though some of the connections are coming back this season. I’m really loving the flow of this season. For me The Boys S2 was going to be super hard to top, but if Mando sticks the landing, it’s not a contest

Haven't seen season 2 of the Boys yet, so something to look forward to.

I’m wondering if we’ll see Rex in this series at this point. It’s always likely considering what we’ve seen almost every week since the Dark Saber was revealed, so never say never, but I could also see the Animated series connections cross over to the Ahsoka show (maybe that’s where we get Rex?)and Mandalorian goes back to new stories, new characters.

Now that we've had our Ahsoka episode, I don't think Rex shows up without her.

The Razor Crest has become a fan favorite ship. It’s crazy they blew it up, but it shows how they’re not pulling punches in this series. Definitely makes me question more and more what will happen of Grogu. It seemed, and still seems that Grogu and Mando will sail off in the sunset together as father and son, but Favreau is doing a good job with “Maybe don’t get too comfortable with things you love”.

I could see the staff being traded for a ship too. They seem to be teasing that the staff is going to come into play in a big battle with Gideon eventually, but Mando is a gunslinger, he doesn’t really need the staff. I don’t think he even used it in today’s episode?

I talked about character deaths for this season, didn't even think that the Crest counts as a character death. No he didn't use the staff in this episode, and agreed, that isn't really his style. Maybe Bo Katan borrows it to fight the dark saber.

idk why I didn’t get the feels for Boba Fett in his armour like everyone else. Maybe because it wasn’t the full get-up? But that would have been ridiculous if he came out in the full suit since Mando only got the chest piece, jet pack and helmet from Cobb Vanth.
I’m not shocked they lost Grogu, I said it last week after Chapter 13 that he was going to be taken eventually. Eventually the cat was going to catch the mouse

Didn’t he only use it once? He pulled it out in the standoff with Boba and Fennec but didn’t use it. Or do you mean in general? I never have any idea how those things reload. Is it like Spider-Man with the webbing? It’s like Hawkeye. How does he always have arrows? There’s no way he goes around grabbing up all the ones he used

I was under the impression it was something special the armourer made him and that there wasn't an unlimited supply. In this season he's already used them in the opening episode against the fight match bad guys. And he uses them here. I might be missing a third time.

Someone is definitely going to hear the call, they wouldn’t have used this episode and that plot device if a Jedi wasn’t showing up

And I’m starting to get the feeling it’s going to be Luke. De-aged Hamill ala RoS, not Sebastian Stan

Cara will be there for the team up, 100%. I think Greef Karga will as well. That’s the trinity of the series. Even if they’re not together in every episode, they’re still advertised as the 3 big stars (non-muppet). For them to only be in 1-2 episodes together would be weird.

I’m not so sure about Bo Katan now. I think Sasha Banks from wrestling said her character wasn’t returning this season (she could easily be lying) and since her character was with Bo Katan, you’d think they’d be together if they came back. Ahsoka was one and done. She had her goodbye. But I also didn’t expect Boba Fett back this season, so maybe I’m wrong

Just because Sasha Banks isn't in it doesn't mean her character isn't there in the background keeping her helmet on. Just a thought. Or she was just trying to misdirect. I just feel like Mando would be desperate to get Grogu back, you're telling me he wouldn't call in all allies he could possibly get?

it’s all in the tease. Builds up suspense if you think he might turn to the dark side. But truth of the matter is, Grogu makes Disney far too much money to turn him to the dark side. Yes, Disney makes a ton of money off of villains, but because he’s a cute little muppet, I think this is a little different.

He could turn to the dark side for an episode or two and come back. No one would blame him at this point. Must be tired of running.

I just get the feeling it’s Luke. He’s out there, why would he ignore the call? Idk if the person on the other side could see Grogu, or just feel him, but if he’s getting a call and he sees/senses it’s a call from a being that of what his mentor was, a species that as far as we know Luke only knew of Yoda, would he really ignore that call? I could be thinking way too deep. I’m fine with whatever they choose. I have no reason not to trust Favreau. Unless the Jedi is the Frog Lady, or Frog Man. Or they have a New England accent. I’ll be done with the series for good
I don’t think it’s Luke. I think that ship has sailed. One big rumor/speculation is Mace Windu. I just don’t think it’s Luke.

I have the perfect gif to sum up my thoughts for this episode, but unsure I'd get in trouble or not for it.

I don’t think it’s Luke. I think that ship has sailed. One big rumor/speculation is Mace Windu. I just don’t think it’s Luke.
I saw that rumor too (though more connected to who saved Grogu from the temple) - I know Jackson wants to come back but that just feels a but much

Starting to think that if it is the last image/end of season/OMG moment it will be Like, but I think maybe they throw a curve ball and the Jedi either comes earlier than that or doesn't come at all this season and this really is the "Empire" arc and ends on a downer. Maybe he fails to get Grogu, Cara dies, he has no ship, etc. And then the hope comes in season 3

I saw that rumor too (though more connected to who saved Grogu from the temple) - I know Jackson wants to come back but that just feels a but much

Starting to think that if it is the last image/end of season/OMG moment it will be Like, but I think maybe they throw a curve ball and the Jedi either comes earlier than that or doesn't come at all this season and this really is the "Empire" arc and ends on a downer. Maybe he fails to get Grogu, Cara dies, he has no ship, etc. And then the hope comes in season 3
I don’t even want it to be Luke. This is a new series, a new area of the universe. Give me new or different people. Stop going back to the Skywalkers. There are other stories to be had. Make even a Jedi I’ve never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter