Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more curious though to see how they'll handle the Batuu excursion, as I figured it would be closed off hours early or late. It seems like they may just have a VIP guide give you front of the line which sort of takes me out of the experience.

The sample itinerary only allows for a few hours there from 8:30AM to noon and in that time you ride RotR, MFSR, have some kind of 'story moment' and lunch. Not a long time at all- it's not really like full admission.

Looking at that itinerary, and it looks amazing, it struck me that you really have to think about attire. Do you wear clothes from your “home planet” and possibly stick out? Or do you go all out and purchase some Cosplay attire? Either way, it does sound fun!
Yeah, we were wondering if they would include costumes in the cost to eliminate guests sticking out and also help justify the cost, but nope.

I was expecting the price to be more than a Disney Vacation, but I'm surprised it's so much more than a 3-night cruise. On a real Disney cruise, a family of four can actually get unlimited food, pools, movies, and tropical excursions for half the cost of the Starcruiser!

Maybe this is a twisted way to increase interest in Disney cruising!

The sample itinerary only allows for a few hours there from 8:30AM to noon and in that time you ride RotR, MFSR, have some kind of 'story moment' and lunch. Not a long time at all- it's not really like full admission.

Yep. So far the limited excursion details just don't feel 'worth it' to me. I remember talk of all these wandering droids on Batuu and other interactive elements that were planned and probably saved for the Starcruiser. I guess I envisioned an immersive excursion where only the Halcyon guests had the run of Batuu even just for a few hours that would fit into the cruise storyline. I guess my issue is how you explain all the other park guests. For the price of the cruise, I don't know if Disney could justify essentially an highly limited after hours event multiple times a week? (I think they could)

And I think that makes sense because if you want to do "other" things in HS then that would mean using a park ticket day, and if you didn't, you wouldn't need to use one. For our tourning, if we have the grandtinker, we would use another day tickey just for Toy Story stuff. If it is just the wife and I, we could get by not doing that but still get immersed for a few hours in Batuu.

Yep. So far the limited excursion details just don't feel 'worth it' to me. I remember talk of all these wandering droids on Batuu and other interactive elements that were planned and probably saved for the Starcruiser. I guess I envisioned an immersive excursion where only the Halcyon guests had the run of Batuu even just for a few hours that would fit into the cruise storyline. I guess my issue is how you explain all the other park guests. For the price of the cruise, I don't know if Disney could justify essentially an highly limited after hours event multiple times a week? (I think they could)
And if the Starcruiser is extremely interactive and ehnanced, do you really want to spend more time away from it?

Disneyland Resort Foodie News: Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures at Napa Rose, Goofy’s Kitchen, and More Reopening!

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar Opening August 15 (Reservations open August 11)

Carnation Cafe opening September 16

Disney Princess Breakfast Adventure at Napa Rose Opens on August 26 (Reservations open August 11)

Goofy's Kitchen Opens August 18 (Reservations open August 11, Note: Characters will not be present at initial reopening)

Minnie & Friends - Breakfast in the Park at Plaza Inn opens August 12 (Reservations open August 11)

I was expecting the price to be more than a Disney Vacation, but I'm surprised it's so much more than a 3-night cruise. On a real Disney cruise, a family of four can actually get unlimited food, pools, movies, and tropical excursions for half the cost of the Starcruiser!

I also was expecting it to be in line with cruise pricing... and this is ... not. I know of a few (non-Disney) Star Wars fans who HAD been planning to check it out being very clear it's no longer on the table for them. My crowd is the nerdy, tech, gainfully employed crowd, so the biggest fans with plenty of disposable income... Now, if early reviews come in and this is SOOO COOOL, maybe some will talk themselves back into it, but until then, the prices have been a bucket of cold water.

On some of his aerial photos, Bioreconstruct showed construction of special docks for the transfer ship, one on the Starcruiser and one on the backstage side of the RotR/MFSR building. I don’t think it would be difficult for Disney to bring Starcruiser guests in through that back entrance, have them ride RotR as a group, possibly with special effects or performances by the CMs (a special experience), ride the Falcon as a group, eat in a private dining room at Docking Bay 7, and then return to the Starcruiser without ever interacting with regular DHS guests. I think that has been part of the plan since the beginning.

Maybe it would work for single adult millennials who are splitting the cost multiple ways, but this is tough on most families. Even ones who can afford it may see better value in a week long cruise, Hawaii, a trip overseas, etc.. Regardless, I don’t think they will have trouble filling the rooms-someone will pay.
I don’t think you can do a week-long DCL cruise for that price or even a decent length of time at Aulani. Shorter DCL or non-Disney vacations are doable. However, I think people interested in doing the Galactic Starcruiser are going to be more interested in doing a Disney vacation.

I don’t think you can do a week-long DCL cruise for that price or even a decent length of time at Aulani. Shorter DCL or non-Disney vacations are doable. However, I think people interested in doing the Galactic Starcruiser are going to be more interested in doing a Disney vacation.
I didn’t specify Disney themed. Neither the cruise or Hawaii would have to be Disney and you could get within that price. We stayed at the Ritz on Maui when we found a crazy deal that also included a buffet breakfast every day and it was cheaper than any deluxe Disney hotel stay we could have done. I could not personally justify spending that type of money for 2 days. I’m sure there are others like me. But as I also said, there are people out there who will pay it and it will be booked.

I don’t see that as a problem. Park guests are merely visitors in Batuu. So the regular park guests will be seen as visitors from another planet. I had fun talking with CMs who were completely in character. Those working at the Starcruiser will be all the more so, especially since they were said to be hiring actors and cosplayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter