Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really annoying to charge more and take away PhotoPass...am I missing it, or are the discount amounts for merch and food not listed anywhere?

Really annoying to charge more and take away PhotoPass...am I missing it, or are the discount amounts for merch and food not listed anywhere?
Discounts & Offers

Save on select food, merchandise and activities throughout the year.

Delight in Disney Discounts

• Food and Beverage: Up to 20% off select dining
  • Merchandise: Up to 20% off select merchandise
  • Events & Experiences: Save on select tours, spa treatments, rounds of golf, after-hours events in the theme parks and more!
  • Disney Resort Hotels: From time to time, enjoy special offers on stays

Thanks, all for quick responses. I was looking at the page with all the 'new' info and not seeing it, so I wasn't sure if that's what it would be.

The problem with the wording 'up to' 20% is that we don't know what it will actually be. Most table service places right now are 10% and it could remain that way, it could even be less. Disney Visa offers the same discount of 10% off many table service places.

My wife and I have alternated AP's often, but never had them at the same time. Depends on if she is going on a girls trip or if I am going on a golf trip who gets one. We then get all the discounts using the one we have current. Works out well to only have one.

That's what we'll probably end up doing. But, if we were able to get on of the cheaper passes, we would both get one and book 2-3 trips to WDW over the year. If only I get one, I don't know if I'll be able to justify a solo trip to really make it worth it. As it stands now, with discounts it could equal the cost of my current park tickets for our upcoming trip. I need to do some number crunching!

Glad I renewed my AP at the 60 day mark which keeps me, if I am reading it correctly, under the Platinum Pass (which includes Photopass) until it expires in October 2022. At least I hope I am reading it correctly. :headache: It was also less pricey for the renewals for my husband and I.

So we have 7 day tickets for our Dec trip. I can go to guest services at MK on our arrival day and upgrade to a Sorcerer Pass, right (we are DVC)? And I will be charged the difference between what we paid for those 7 day tax (which will be unused at that time) and what a Sorcerer pass costs? And it won't mess up any park pass reservations we had made?

E5204B29-525A-41EB-8144-19E2F9FB54EE.jpeg

The problem with the wording 'up to' 20% is that we don't know what it will actually be. Most table service places right now are 10% and it could remain that way, it could even be less. Disney Visa offers the same discount of 10% off many table service places.

Where do you find that Chase VISA discount list?

Where do you find that Chase VISA discount list?

The main page of the Disney Chase Visa site lists what discounts they offer, but not at what restaurants. If you look at a particular restaurant on the WDW website and click on 'view discounts,' it will show if Disney VIsa has a discount at that restaurant, or not.

I wish I had some sort of master list, but I'm not aware of one.

Gold APs were always a no-brainer for us as DVCers. We would time it so it would cover at least 2 trips, then we would take a bit of time off and repeat.

Now? I'm seriously considering selling and getting out (or just renting out my points, why not make a few bucks?) within the next couple years. I can afford the increases and the nickel and diming... But I just feel beaten down by it after these last several years of paying more and more for less and less. I at least need a long break after Epcot stuff and Tron come out.

Last edited:
The main page of the Disney Chase Visa site lists what discounts they offer, but not at what restaurants. If you look at a particular restaurant on the WDW website and click on 'view discounts,' it will show if Disney VIsa has a discount at that restaurant, or not.

I wish I had some sort of master list, but I'm not aware of one.

Ah - the double deep dive needed explains why I never paid attention to it...... :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter