Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Walt Disney World Updates Reservation System for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby During Disney Jollywood Nights, Will Now Utilize a Mobile Walk-Up List

Walt Disney World Resort has updated the reservation system for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby, an experience offered exclusively during the Disney Jollywood Nights holiday event currently occurring on select nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios through December 20. The change comes following an initially challenging virtual queue system that prevented some guests from experiencing the offering.

Tables at The Hollywood Brown Derby will now be available during Disney Jollywood Nights on a first-come, first-served basis, with additional capacity opening up via a mobile walk-up list as the evening progresses. Walt Disney World Resort announced the alteration on their official website:

Tables will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby reaches capacity for the first seating of the night, at which point we will open up additional capacity with a mobile walk-up list throughout the evening. The queue for the first-come, first-served seating will open close to the beginning of the event; seating is limited and we anticipate filling that seating quickly.
Once first-come, first-served seating has reached capacity, check availability to join the mobile walk-up list for this experience throughout Disney Jollywood Nights. Please enjoy the other holly-jolly activities Disney Jollywood Nights has to offer while you wait!
Walt Disney World Resort Website

The resort also detailed how the mobile walk-up list will function:

• Check availability for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby via the [My Disney Experience] app — or by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby.
  • If the walk-up list is full, then please check back later.
  • If there is availability, use the app to add your party to the walk-up list. At that time, you can also confirm your party details, including special dietary requests
  • Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.
Walt Disney World Resort Website

The Hollywood Brown Derby utilized a virtual queue system throughout the first offering of Disney Jollywood Nights on November 11 in anticipation of high demand and limited capacity. Guests had to be within close physical proximity of the restaurant to join the queue, and this, combined with demand, made joining the queue challenging once it ultimately opened.

The new system, in theory, eliminates these challenges. Guests who arrive early will be seated first, and once there is available capacity, guests eager to experience Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby will be able to join the mobile walk-up list through their cell phones.

Walt Disney World Updates Reservation System for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby During Disney Jollywood Nights, Will Now Utilize a Mobile Walk-Up List

Walt Disney World Resort has updated the reservation system for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby, an experience offered exclusively during the Disney Jollywood Nights holiday event currently occurring on select nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios through December 20. The change comes following an initially challenging virtual queue system that prevented some guests from experiencing the offering.

Tables at The Hollywood Brown Derby will now be available during Disney Jollywood Nights on a first-come, first-served basis, with additional capacity opening up via a mobile walk-up list as the evening progresses. Walt Disney World Resort announced the alteration on their official website:

The resort also detailed how the mobile walk-up list will function:

The Hollywood Brown Derby utilized a virtual queue system throughout the first offering of Disney Jollywood Nights on November 11 in anticipation of high demand and limited capacity. Guests had to be within close physical proximity of the restaurant to join the queue, and this, combined with demand, made joining the queue challenging once it ultimately opened.

The new system, in theory, eliminates these challenges. Guests who arrive early will be seated first, and once there is available capacity, guests eager to experience Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby will be able to join the mobile walk-up list through their cell phones.
I'm going to sound like a total bummer, but I don't see how this will address the issue of lines and waits at Jollywood Nights. I'm remembering back to opening week of RotR when it was first come, first serve and people lined up for hours until Disney changed the VQ process. You're going to have AP guests and those with extended day tickets crowding the area for hours like Jack & Sally in the MK putting anyone with only a hard ticket for the event at a disadvantage. I guess it's too late now, but ADRs with walkup availability would have probably been a good idea from the start. Still happy to see WDW is trying to make it better. I just don't know if this will do. It will definitely help with the "10 minute" wait that lasted some for hours.

Also tonight at 7:30 is finally time for Zack and Cody to have their dinner in Italy that was reserved 15 years ago:

*Checks watch* well it's about time 🙄
. . .
🎥: The Suite Life on Deck

Kind of sad Dylan and Cole didn't do anything special for it (though Cole did post on Instagram that he's being bombarded with messages about being late for their reservation).

Those are some ugly homes and not Disney inspired at all to me, they should be more whimsical to be called a Disney community even for desert style architecture.
At my job I design websites for home builders and I have verbatim seen the exact same descriptions for $360,000 homes in rural Oklahoma. The description for these Disney homes made my eyes twitch.

Let’s face it: Wish is gonna bomb at the box office. I checked the seating charts for the movie at a few theaters near me, and not many unavailable seats. Bob Iger will just kill off any original ideas at Disney, unless we rally to get him booted out.
I'm doing my part in seeing it Thanksgiving weekend so we aren't stuck with Frozen 7: The Frozening.

I'm doing my part in seeing it Thanksgiving weekend so we aren't stuck with Frozen 7: The Frozening.

Yeah, people complain about Frozen sequels, but that's what the audiences turn out to see. Original ideas seem to flail. I want to see Wish and may go to an early screening tomorrow. I actually don't think it will bomb - buzz is decent. I don't think it will be a Frozen level mega-hit though. It will likelly have legs throughout the hoiday season, so may be a slow burn.

I saw Ariana DuBose’s interview on GMA the other morning and she was so proud of the movie and how she is now a Disney princess she almost started crying. She said it has a ton of easter eggs from other Disney movies woven into the story line. She made me want to see it more honestly than I did previously.

Yeah, people complain about Frozen sequels, but that's what the audiences turn out to see. Original ideas seem to flail. I want to see Wish and may go to an early screening tomorrow. I actually don't think it will bomb - buzz is decent. I don't think it will be a Frozen level mega-hit though. It will likelly have legs throughout the hoiday season, so may be a slow burn.
Yeah, my thinking it probably winds up how Elemental played out depending on the buzz, maybe a little better since it has some of that classic Disney Animated Feature vibe, and the Disney Easter eggs will help.

I agree that the positive buzz will help. My friends want to see it but are waiting for my review before they drop the money for tickets. I'm going in with decent expectations. I'm not expecting a masterpiece but I'd like to see a great Disney princess film.

Also since we're discussing theater availability my showing is almost full.
I saw Ariana DuBose’s interview on GMA the other morning and she was so proud of the movie and how she is now a Disney princess she almost started crying. She said it has a ton of easter eggs from other Disney movies woven into the story line. She made me want to see it more honestly than I did previously.
I saw that interview too and I loved her passion for the role. My family still isn't sold on this film yet (they don't love the goat character and tbh I don't either) but we're willing to give it a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter