Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about WDW?!!!
He did post yesterday they weren't likely to be available til next year. My guess is when the see reservations at the lowest next year then they will release them. IMO Disney sees APs as a way to fill the low points and it's why they capped sales of them.

Easier for Disneyland to do these things now that they’re above 2019 staffing numbers. They were always likely to bring things back faster needing 1/3 of the CMs that WDW needs.
I don't think it has anything to do with staffing levels. They have a number they are willing to sell. There is a reason Pixie pass is the only available. They only want AP holders to visit weekdays when it's not so busy

She’s not asking about AP sales, she’s talking about the Mando/Grogu Meet and Greet.
Everything I've heard in regards to this is that WDW isn't getting him due to the timeline they want to keep for the Starcruiser. The answer I get from this is budgets. There's no reason to not have them come out during the time the Starcruiser guests aren't on-planet (which isn't terribly long).

What about WDW?!!!
something something Galactic Star Cruiser something something Breaking Guest Immersion when they go on their excursion to Battu something something {even though theoretically Star Cruiser guests are free to roam all of Hollywood Studios and there is always Launch Bay so this reason isn't valid} so how about the other tried and true response of {and I say this in all caps for dramatic effect} DISNEY WORLD IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME VACATION DESTINATION WHILE DISNEYLAND IS MORE OF A LOCALS PARK AND SO THEY REQUIRE EVER CHANGING ENTERTAINMENT OFFERINGS TO KEEP THE GUEST FLOW COMING

something something Galactic Star Cruiser something something Breaking Guest Immersion when they go on their excursion to Battu something something {even though theoretically Star Cruiser guests are free to roam all of Hollywood Studios and there is always Launch Bay so this reason isn't valid} so how about the other tried and true response of {and I say this in all caps for dramatic effect} DISNEY WORLD IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME VACATION DESTINATION WHILE DISNEYLAND IS MORE OF A LOCALS PARK AND SO THEY REQUIRE EVER CHANGING ENTERTAINMENT OFFERINGS TO KEEP THE GUEST FLOW COMING
They're has to be guests at Galactic Star Cruiser to break guest immersion. From reports I've see bookings have been low for awhile now.

NEW: Disneyland has stopped sales of the Believe Key pass. Renewals will continue.

DL official: "While we know this will be disappointing news to Disneyland fans, it’s important that we help protect the experience for Magic Key holders and the value those passes provide."

Scott Gustin Twitter
UPDATE: The Imagine Key is now sold out. Only the Inspire Key is currently available for new purchases.

Scott Gustin Twitter

NEW: Disneyland has modified its dining reservation policy to allow cancellations without penalty up to 2 hours prior to reservation time at most restaurants. The previous policy was one day prior.

Scott Gustin Twitter
This updated dining cancellation policy does not apply to Downtown Disney District restaurants, World of Color Dessert Party, the Princess Breakfast Adventure at Napa Rose, and Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace.

Disney Parks Twitter

Do the holiday food offerings look better this year or is just me sad I am not going?
Both? They look better to me too, but I’m also sad I’m not going and didn’t get much of a taste of Disney Christmas magic due to the impending hurricane drowning the end of my vacation last week.

D23 Event: The Muppet Christmas Carol 30th Anniversary Screening at Walt Disney World

December 04, 2022

AMC Disney Springs 24, Orlando, FL

Gold Member: $24.99 (plus $7 processing fee) per person
General Member: $34.99 (plus $7 processing fee) per person
Tickets will go on sale Friday, November 18, at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET) in the
provided link.

Don’t be a Scrooge! It’s time to celebrate the magic of the holiday season alongside your D23 family and Disney Springs, with The Muppet Christmas Carol 30th Anniversary Screening at Walt Disney World!
At this very special big-screen celebration, D23 members and their guests will receive their very own Christmas caroling book to help them sing along with the classic songs before heading into the AMC Disney Springs 24 theater to commemorate 30 years of this heartwarming and Muppet-ational classic. Just before the film begins, the D23 team will offer up an exclusive behind-the-scenes presentation filled with fun facts about this holiday classic; additionally, guests will have the chance to show off their ugliest holiday sweaters during our Ugly Sweater Showcase! And after the sing-along screening, guests will enjoy a specialty sweet treat from Disney Springs’ own Gideon’s Bakehouse.
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992), the Muppets’ version of Charles Dickens’ classic tale, puts a unique twist on that fateful Christmas Eve when Scrooge is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Together with kind, humble Bob Cratchit (Kermit the Frog) and his family, the Spirits open Scrooge's eyes—and his heart—to the true meaning of Christmas. Rated G.
DETAILS
Event Includes:
  • Exclusive screening of The Muppet Christmas Carol kicked off with a behind-the-scenes presentation
  • Ugly Sweater Showcase
  • Event-Exclusive The Muppet Christmas Carolcaroling book
  • One (1) D23-Exclusive 30th Anniversary The Muppet Christmas Carol holiday ornament
  • One (1) sweet holiday treat from Gideon’s Bakehouse (info about Gideon’s Bakehouse here)
  • One (1) medium sized fountain beverage at AMC Disney Springs

Disney Patents Boat Motion Simulator Ride System, Sailing With Moana in Immersive Projection Dome Used as Example

As Disney continues to look for new ways to tell stories in its theme parks, a patent might reveal a new way to tell immersive stories on the water without a traditional boat ride approach. In the patent, Disney notes that water rides are some of the most memorable and beloved attractions in the world. Disney says that water rides rarely meet the demand for new and surprising ways to entertain because they have remained largely unchanged over the years. The traditional flume ride is often designed to be as smooth as possible with little pitch and yaw. Disney is looking to change that.

The patent calls for a cable system that is strategically tethered to the sides of the boat and works to simulate a more dramatic boat ride experience. By tugging on a certain part of the boat, the cables will be able to simulate a more intense (and predictable) ride experience than a traditional flume ride.

Additionally, Disney envisions an implementation where the boat and pool of water are surrounded by a projection dome to fully immerse guests in an environment. In the illustrated example, a scene from Moana is depicted. Disney says that the dome would be combined with an audio soundtrack and even some 4D effects such as rain or splashing to immerse riders in the experience.

View attachment 719400

While the above implementation would be a passive experience, Disney also envisions an active experience such as a pirate battle where guests could perform tasks and the boat would respond to their actions with movements provided by the cable system. Furthermore, Disney says that a multi-vehicle “fleet” implementation could be possible whereby guests pick a “side” to be on and battle each other in an immersive space.
Wow! I hope I get to go on this ride someday!

Confirmed: Takumi-Tei restaurant will reopen with new menu in late November at EPCOT's Japan Pavilion

Takumi-Tei, operated by Mitukoshi, will reopen November 23 2022 at the Japan Pavilion in EPCOT's World Showcase.

Takumi-Tei's new menu will feature two omakase multi-course meals priced at $250 (omnivorous) and $150 (plant-based).

Hours of operation will be Thursday – Monday from 5pm – 7:30pm. Mitukoshi says that it be serving a limited number of walk-in guests only, with reservations to open at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter