Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney CEO Bob Chapek Implements Hiring Freeze

A memo from Disney CEO Bob Chapek indicates that The Walt Disney Company is instituting a “targeted” hiring freeze after the latest earnings report missed expectations and the stock plummeted.

“Hiring for the small subset of the most critical, business-driving positions will continue, but all other roles are on hold. Your segment leaders and HR teams have more specific details on how this will apply to your teams” – Bob Chapek, Disney CEO
More cost cutting, diminished experience fewer CMs longer lines. All options on the table in order to save his butt

A memo from Disney CEO Bob Chapek indicates that The Walt Disney Company is instituting a “targeted” hiring freeze after the latest earnings report missed expectations and the stock plummeted.

“Hiring for the small subset of the most critical, business-driving positions will continue, but all other roles are on hold. Your segment leaders and HR teams have more specific details on how this will apply to your teams” – Bob Chapek, Disney CEO

Should read “Disney CEO fires himself, allows Disney to hire 440 more employees at 75k per year average with his yearly compensation.”

Presale Tickets Now Available for Disney 100 Years of Wonder Exhibition Tour

The Walt Disney Company has partnered with the Franklin Institute to host the Disney 100 Exhibit. As part of the exhibit, the Walt Disney Archives will be showcasing more than 250 of its “Crown Jewels”, a.k.a. original artifacts, artwork, costumes, and props!

2022-disney-walt-disney-company-100-the-exhibition-700x365.jpg

The exhibit will make its debut on February 18th, 2023 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania before touring in Chicago, Illinois, and Kansas City, Missouri.

And, if you’re looking to visit this special exhibit, you may be able to buy tickets NOW! If you’re a D23 member, keep an eye on your e-mail — a promo code is going out with access to pre-sale tickets! Members of the Franklin Institute will also be able to have access to this pre-sale, which ends November 15th, 2022.

And if you aren’t a D23 member, you can sign up for free! Click here to sign up.
can't wait for this!! i love going to the Franklin Institute. had many school trips there since i grew up in philadelphia <3

More cost cutting, diminished experience fewer CMs longer lines. All options on the table in order to save his butt
I don't think this has any applicability to the front line CM's you see in the parks. Disney is still actively recruiting CM's in just about all roles, at least here in Central FL.

I don't think this has any applicability to the front line CM's you see in the parks. Disney is still actively recruiting CM's in just about all roles, at least here in Central FL.
Yep, really have to emphasize ”targeted” with this one. I haven’t the slightest clue who is targeted here but I don’t think it’s the parks folks.

It still stinks for those affected.

Annual Passholder Exclusive Performance of ‘Fantasmic!’ Announced for Disney’s Hollywood Studios Tonight

Disney World has announced that Annual Passholders will be able to enjoy an exclusive showing of Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here are the details:

Passholders visiting the park today (with their valid Annual Pass and a park reservation) can enjoy a Passholder-only performance of Fantasmic! tonight at 9:30pm at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. To enter this special performance, Passholders will need to show a wristband at the theater entrance. Passholders can pick up their wristband beginning at 6pm at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the park entrance or at Pixar Avenue (near the entrance to Toy Story Land). Passholders should look for the “Fantasmic! Viewing Check-In” signs at each location. To receive a wristband, Passholders will need to show a valid Annual Pass and government-issued photo ID. Entry to the show will begin at 9pm.

Maybe it's just me, but I hate reading these kinds of things. It seems to take away from the "magic" when you read about how the leaders of this company care about nothing more than the bottom line.

I work for a small local business, and the bottom line is important, but "being there" for our clients is our driving factor. But sadly, today's mega-corporations just aren't like that anymore.

I hope you are right. What scares me is that Chapek seems to have learned that it’s easy to make cuts at the parks and to still be confident that revenue won’t suffer.

my reservation for F! lunch package at Sci Fi still says 1st show.... which is at 7:30...instead of 9, like we had planned. So now I've had to move all sorts of stuff around to be able to accommodate getting into the RESERVSTION line around 90 before the show like they recommend - at 6ish rather than at 7:30 like we had planned.... glad this at least happened now since we are still about 25 days out from our trip, but it sure makes it hard to plan ahead sometimes when they simply just "add a show".....

I would have thought that they would have added slots for the additional show seats, but haven't seen any availability for our dates.

my reservation for F! lunch package at Sci Fi still says 1st show.... which is at 7:30...instead of 9, like we had planned. So now I've had to move all sorts of stuff around to be able to accommodate getting into the RESERVSTION line around 90 before the show like they recommend - at 6ish rather than at 7:30 like we had planned.... glad this at least happened now since we are still about 25 days out from our trip, but it sure makes it hard to plan ahead sometimes when they simply just "add a show".....

I would have thought that they would have added slots for the additional show seats, but haven't seen any availability for our dates.
You plan to be in line 90 minutes before showtime with reserved seating? Are the “back” reserved seats bad? We don’t plan to go in until closer to show time (with dining package), so I guess we will have to take whatever is available in the reserved area.

You plan to be in line 90 minutes before showtime with reserved seating? Are the “back” reserved seats bad? We don’t plan to go in until closer to show time (with dining package), so I guess we will have to take whatever is available in the reserved area.
Before Covid if you had dining package there was a separate entrance for ticket holders that was at front of park.

This is what I was thinking...we wouldn't be getting in line 90 mins prior to showtime with reserved seating. What's the point of reserved seating then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter