Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once people have taken that holiday they already paid for before the pandemic and revenge travel dies down along with a recession, i think Disney could get a bit of a shock

Most of those vacations have already happened or are happening this summer. There will be a little bursts maybe over holiday periods in the fall. Travel will start feeling it soon when nobody is booking for spring travel and beyond.

Fourth of July Fireworks Returning to EPCOT

EPCOT will celebrate July 4th this year with a special tag following the nighttime spectacular Harmonious.

The tag is expected to be similar to the Heartbeat of Freedom tag that was previously performed on July 4th during the Reflections of Earth era and will include fireworks launched behind the American Adventure and from barges within the lagoon for a suitably impressive big bang finale.
The calendar currently has Harmonious scheduled for 9pm on July 4 2022, with the Independence Day finale to follow immediately.
Walt Disney World did not offer July 4th fireworks in 2020 or 2021 due to restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last edited:

Disney Park Pass UI Updated, Still No Integration Into My Disney Experience App

Disney World has made some slight adjustments to the Disney Park Pass UI on the Disney World website. The adjustments add graphics for the theme park selection process as well as some adjusted wording. The visible changes are relatively small, but we’re hopeful that they will eventually lead to integration with the My Disney Experience app.

Here’s a look back at the old selection page UI.

disney-park-pass-reservation-update-4-2000x1387.jpg

Here’s a look at the updated UI.

park-pass-reservation-ui-refresh-1-2000x1396.jpg
park-pass-reservation-ui-refresh-2.jpg

Other changes include adding the last four digits of your pass ID to your name throughout the process.

Buffet Returns to Hollywood and Vine August 28th

Disney has announced that the buffet will return to Hollywood & Vine starting August 28th. Here’s the announcement:
I hope your appetite is ready because Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be welcoming back their buffet on August 28. As you get to meet some of your favorite Disney Junior pals for breakfast and Minnie and her friends for lunch and dinner, you’ll be able to feast upon all-you-care-to-enjoy delights. For breakfast, this spot will be serving up options like Brioche French Toast with Banana Foster Sauce, Salmon and Bagel Casserole, and Plant-based Frittata with tomato jam. As the day goes on and Minnie and the gang come out to play, the buffet will switch over to tons of yummy plates, including the Plant-based Roasted Mushroom Farro Risotto, Slow-roasted Crispy Pork Belly with Guava glaze, and Shrimp and Bacon Mac & Cheese. And to perfectly finish off your meal, there are plenty of desserts to choose from, such as the Mississippi Mud Pie or the PB&J Tarts. You’ll want to have it all!

Best Bites: Latest Foodie Treats to Try at Disney Parks

Best Bites: Latest Foodie Treats to Try at Disney Parks

Calling all brunch lovers! I’ve got some exciting news coming to you from Disney’s Old Key West Resort. Olivia’s brunch service will be available every day of the week starting on September 1, with reservations opening soon. Yes, you heard that right – every single day. This expanded offering will still feature your favorite classic brunch items, like the Southernmost Buttermilk Fried Chicken and the Papa’s Hash. And what proper brunch is complete without a good ole Loaded Key West Bloody Mary? But don’t worry, there will also be a new offering added to the menu – Banana Bread Pudding. This tasty treat features Bahamian banana-rum syrup and coconut whipped cream with your choice of bacon, sausage, or ham, and is sure to give you those sought-after island vibes.

*Lots of additional food offerings. Click link to view.

Disney Park Pass UI Updated, Still No Integration Into My Disney Experience App

Disney World has made some slight adjustments to the Disney Park Pass UI on the Disney World website. The adjustments add graphics for the theme park selection process as well as some adjusted wording. The visible changes are relatively small, but we’re hopeful that they will eventually lead to integration with the My Disney Experience app.

Here’s a look back at the old selection page UI.

disney-park-pass-reservation-update-4-2000x1387.jpg

Here’s a look at the updated UI.

park-pass-reservation-ui-refresh-1-2000x1396.jpg
park-pass-reservation-ui-refresh-2.jpg

Other changes include adding the last four digits of your pass ID to your name throughout the process.
I'll let them hope they are integrated into the app. Me? I'll hope the reservations go away entirely.

Buffet Returns to Hollywood and Vine August 28th

Disney has announced that the buffet will return to Hollywood & Vine starting August 28th. Here’s the announcement:
I hope your appetite is ready because Hollywood & Vine at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be welcoming back their buffet on August 28. As you get to meet some of your favorite Disney Junior pals for breakfast and Minnie and her friends for lunch and dinner, you’ll be able to feast upon all-you-care-to-enjoy delights. For breakfast, this spot will be serving up options like Brioche French Toast with Banana Foster Sauce, Salmon and Bagel Casserole, and Plant-based Frittata with tomato jam. As the day goes on and Minnie and the gang come out to play, the buffet will switch over to tons of yummy plates, including the Plant-based Roasted Mushroom Farro Risotto, Slow-roasted Crispy Pork Belly with Guava glaze, and Shrimp and Bacon Mac & Cheese. And to perfectly finish off your meal, there are plenty of desserts to choose from, such as the Mississippi Mud Pie or the PB&J Tarts. You’ll want to have it all!
I don’t know who would ever eat at Hollywood & Vine as a repeat guest; their business must be exclusively new victims.

We ate there 3 years ago and still talk about how bad it was - the worst meal we’ve ever head at Disney - by far - TS or QS.

Bad food, cheap-looking interior, cramped layout, awkward encounters with characters because of the layout. Not a fan.

I’m glad this is fully reopened for those who like it, I guess!

I don’t know who would ever eat at Hollywood & Vine as a repeat guest; their business must be exclusively new victims.

We ate there 3 years ago and still talk about how bad it was - the worst meal we’ve ever head at Disney - by far - TS or QS.

Bad food, cheap-looking interior, cramped layout, awkward encounters with characters because of the layout. Not a fan.

We went multiple times because of the characters. When our kids were Disney Junior age that place was a goldmine of character interaction. Haven't been back since they aged out of that group.

Yup, agreed. My family and I ate at Hollywood and Vine as part of the Fantasmic Dining package a few years ago and my mom STILL talks about how awful that meal was. Food was borderline inedible. I actually heard the food quality was better when it wasn't a buffet so I'm kind of disappointed that it'll go back to be a dreadful buffet. If you enjoy this place, great. But it's a never again for me.

Glad to hear that. I had it on my list as a “maybe” I think I’ll cross it off now. 😂

Yup, agreed. My family and I ate at Hollywood and Vine as part of the Fantasmic Dining package a few years ago and my mom STILL talks about how awful that meal was. Food was borderline inedible. I actually heard the food quality was better when it wasn't a buffet so I'm kind of disappointed that it'll go back to be a dreadful buffet. If you enjoy this place, great. But it's a never again for me.
Agreed. It's so disappointing that most of the places with character meals have bad food

I'll let them hope they are integrated into the app. Me? I'll hope the reservations go away entirely.

I agree. The fact that they haven't integrated them into MDE gives me hope that they will go away at some point. If that functionality pops up in MDE someday, I won't be pleased.

Agreed. It's so disappointing that most of the places with character meals have bad food
I think Disney knows you're really there for the characters rather than the food, so the food suffers for it. I don't have kids and would rather have good food than characters, so I usually skip those restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter