Disney Magic May 9th to 22nd, 2021 Eastbound Transatlantic

We are booked on this cruise. We will be arriving in Miami a day or 2 before departure. Anyone have suggestions on places to stay? We don't have to be on the beach, but would like good accomodations and at a good price. It does not need to by 5 star, but also not a rundown place. Thanks in advance.
I think we I remember you from the 10 day Christmas cruise.

Hello, Sorry I don't have a hotel suggestion, I will be looking for a Miami hotel as well, not much exposure to this part of Florida in the past. My husband and I are booked on this cruise with our now 17 year old daughter. She is worried about being in that 18-20ish age group, with no teen club and no sibling. We have read about the 1821 club but that seems very dependent on who else is on the cruise. Will your daughters be joining you on this cruise?
Yes both my daughters will be on this cruise with us. My daughters will be 21 and 18 when we cruise.

So excited! Just paid my deposit today for this cruise for my husband and daughters, 21 and 24. My friend was interested too but was told the cruise had no more cabins available!

So excited! Just paid my deposit today for this cruise for my husband and daughters, 21 and 24. My friend was interested too but was told the cruise had no more cabins available!
Welcome aboard! I thought it was completely sold out. So glad you were able to get a room! I have 2 daughters 22 and 24, but they aren’t going on this trip with us - this is for our 25th anniversary!

Welcome aboard! I thought it was completely sold out.

Yesterday this cruise was going 'in and out of stock'. We decided on a whim to change our April '21 Baja Cruise on the Wonder to this Transatlantic... We spent a lot of time trying to get a reservation to go through. The website said there were still inside state rooms available, but then it kept saying "nope!" when we tried to click through. A couple times it even let us get far enough to try picking a cabin, but every cabin that was showing would be suddenly unavailable when we selected it. So we called DCL directly. They looked and said they didn't show any available either. It was like playing 'whack a mole', but I kept trying. I finally managed to catch a GTY Deluxe Inside Stateroom and made it all the way through to booking. Woohoo! We're in!

It can't hurt to keep trying!

So finally booked after the WBTA was cancelled this year. Been keeping a beedy eye on it as it was jumping in and out of availability but TA managed to get it this morning as soon as they opened :D I've currently ended up with 3 cruises booked (split the FCC for time being) and need to decide which I'm actually going on. This one is more appealling but the other two don't clash with family events so its a big toss up really. I'm Sarah from South Wales and I'll be travelling solo but have lots of friends onboard who I've sailed with previously. This will be my 11th cruise so finally platinum but have done mainly TA's and mainly WBTA's - only one EB actually so that's kind of new. Been to most of the ports already too so probably wont do much in terms of tours but still should be fun.

i know there is plenty of time but has anyone started to investigate port excursions? When we last took a cruise in Europe, we used a private tour company in (3) of the ports in Italy and they were waiting for us when we docked.

i know there is plenty of time but has anyone started to investigate port excursions? When we last took a cruise in Europe, we used a private tour company in (3) of the ports in Italy and they were waiting for us when we docked.

I have been poking around on the DCL website, but I may look at private tour companies as well. Which company did you use? We were on the May 2020 Mediterranean cruise, so I had done all my research for those ports, but these are all new to me. My husband has never been to Europe and I have only been to Germany when I was in my teens and Ireland, so we're really excited about seeing new places!

It's still going in and out of stock. There is currently one Verandah stateroom available for booking... It's the only stateroom that seems to be available on the whole sailing currently.

Tour wise, Viator seem to be doing great customer service and allowing people to get money back on tours they have booked for cancelled cruises. Someone to keep in mind if going off DCL. I've been to most of the ports before so unlikely to do much in all honesty apart from enjoy hopefully a bit of sun.

BAD NEWS...I'm reading that Spain has ban all cruise ships indefinitely "until coronavirus is over"
Holiday heartbreak: Spain bans cruise ships indefinitely 'until coronavirus is over'- SPAIN has extended the ban on cruise ships in its ports potentially well into 2021, not doubt causing heartbreak for Britons with their sights set on such a holiday.

The Spanish government published an order which extends the current ban "until the end of the coronavirus crisis". However, there is no specific time table given the nebulous nature of such a time scale.

when this means in reality I guess we wont know for awhile. Its currently only cruise ships. Remember at the moment there are many restrictions across Europe like the fact that currently US nationals can't enter at all. I feel like they are taking a harder line on cruise ships that other places mind but I guess its their way of trying to ensure their infection rate doesn't balloon. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the next few weeks as we (UK) are allowed to start travelling around Europe.

hey guys, just a heads up, I saw someone asking about this cruise on the Dis Cruise Facebook page, so I went and checked. Both the Eastbound and Westbound cruises are now gone from the DCL website. However the summer 2021 European cruises are still there.

hey guys, just a heads up, I saw someone asking about this cruise on the Dis Cruise Facebook page, so I went and checked. Both the Eastbound and Westbound cruises are now gone from the DCL website. However the summer 2021 European cruises are still there.

I think this one doesn't show since it is currently sold out.

Yes, at least earlier this week this one was still popping up occasionally, each time with only a single random stateroom category showing when I would click through, and usually it was GTY.

The Westbound was definitely canceled

so the Eastbound TA has been going in and out as iannovich mentioned - I managed to nab a spot when the Westbound TA was cancelled in mid June but it had been sold out the day before so it was just luck I think. Once the next lot of 2021 cruises get released I think there will be movement and it will show as available again personally as I think a few people moved over to this one to wait out the WBTA. The 2021 WBTA will be released as part of the next lot of cruises but as they are now around a month later than they would traditionally be released I think Disney is trying to hold off to help ease phone lines and to deal with any further cancellations needed.

I have been poking around on the DCL website, but I may look at private tour companies as well. Which company did you use? We were on the May 2020 Mediterranean cruise, so I had done all my research for those ports, but these are all new to me. My husband has never been to Europe and I have only been to Germany when I was in my teens and Ireland, so we're really excited about seeing new places!
Please see my review of the tour company we used while hitting the ports in Italy

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...618-r525474699-RomeLimosTours-Rome_Lazio.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter