Disney Magic Kingdoms

So in addition to getting Jack Jack, this is a way to get a few characters and buildings from previous events without having to gamble gems/real money on Legendary Chests? I'm not missing anything, but I think that it is a positive thing to introduce ways of completing the game without a cash grab.

The rest we'll have to see how it goes.

I didn't watch the livestream, but it sounds like the interns are mixing it up a bit. Must be the be the new batch of summer interns. Well, I for one, think it's great. Something a little different sounds good to me. And...most of alll...the game is still going. Sounds like a win win to me. Thx for all the livestream updates everyone.

Oh boy, this event sounds even more time and energy consuming than previous events... And I was expecting something simple and easy like that Minnie poker dots event....

Its like the Pooh and Stitch welcomes, but instead of grinding token drops stage by stage, it will be grinding event currency via a group task to buy tokens.

Also, if i was someone who dropped real money to get any of those chapter featured characters, I'd be real mad at being able to buy them with just a relatively small amount of event currency.

I didn't watch the livestream, but it sounds like the interns are mixing it up a bit. Must be the be the new batch of summer interns. Well, I for one, think it's great. Something a little different sounds good to me. And...most of alll...the game is still going. Sounds like a win win to me. Thx for all the livestream updates everyone.

The skeptic in me is worried, but I will reserve judgment until we see how it goes. I am glad to see them trying something new and a bit more creative even if it does sounds awfully complicated.

Its like the Pooh and Stitch welcomes, but instead of grinding token drops stage by stage, it will be grinding event currency via a group task to buy tokens.

Also, if i was someone who dropped real money to get any of those chapter featured characters, I'd be real mad at being able to buy them with just a relatively small amount of event currency.

I don’t think Jack Skellington, Anna, or Mrs. Incredible were ever gem purchased characters, just time limited event releases. Can anyone confirm that I’m remembering that correctly?

The skeptic in me is worried, but I will reserve judgment until we see how it goes. I am glad to see them trying something new and a bit more creative even if it does sounds awfully complicated.

I understand your confusion! As I have a mild form of dyslexia, I had to watch the live stream at least five times to figure out what they were talking about. So I'm going to put out my take on how it works, after watching the video so many times and hopefully this will help someone else.

There are 2 ways to earn EC:
1 - Maleficent has cursed the building, tap the buildings to remove the curse and you will gain EC. Once the curse is lifted, you can then collect the magic said building provides.
2 - Challenges: Our job is to send the characters off in groups to battle Maleficent and the curse. When you send them off and they finish said battle you collect EC.

The Battles (they call it challenges):

Based on the video you can send up to 4 characters to battle Maleficent and it APPEARS that the battles will be 2 hours. Once the battle has been completed the characters will need to REST and you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THEM AGAIN - UNLESS......
Option A - you help them recover by feeding them, what looks like hot cocoa and marshmallow. You are given 2 for free. You can gain more recovery treats based on tasks in the game (like when we collect token for characters it seems)
Option B - there is a REFRESH button and that can be pressed ONCE per DAY (my own opinion - PAY ATTENTION to the TIME if you're doing to do a big group refresh so you know when it'll be available again - just my opinion)
Option C - There is a feature character and character group (they didn't discuss the group aspect) The feature CHARACTER DOES NOT REQUIRE a REST period. Which means if you happen to run out of characters to send off, you can still send off the feature character to get points and EC. They mentioned that the higher level up the characters are, the more POINTS and EC you can gain.

Each battle will also get you POINTS as well as EC. The points are for bonus rewards along the way and the system works very much like the mini events we've seen in the past X-amount of Points will get you a prize and it appears that each prize for the chapter 1 quests are all EC so that's good for us.

It appears that the point of this entire thing is to get Jack Jack from the Incredibles and we are "buying" his tokens with EC. (I like this option. work hard, get the EC, get the tokens, get the character - again just my opinion).

I hope this clarifies some things for anyone like me who found it confusing and had to watch it several times over to get it. I really am excited about this event. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

I understand your confusion! As I have a mild form of dyslexia, I had to watch the live stream at least five times to figure out what they were talking about. So I'm going to put out my take on how it works, after watching the video so many times and hopefully this will help someone else.

1 - Maleficent has cursed the building, tap the buildings to remove the curse and you will gain EC. Once the curse is lifted, you can then collect the magic said building provides.
2 - Challenges: Our job is to send the characters off in groups to battle Maleficent and the curse. When you send them off and they finish said battle you collect EC.

Based on the video you can send up to 4 characters to battle Maleficent and it APPEARS that the battles will be 2 hours. Once the battle has been completed the characters will need to REST and you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THEM AGAIN - UNLESS......
Option A - you help them recover by feeding them, what looks like hot cocoa and marshmallow. You are given 2 for free. You can gain more recovery treats based on tasks in the game (like when we collect token for characters it seems)
Option B - there is a REFRESH button and that can be pressed ONCE per DAY (my own opinion - PAY ATTENTION to the TIME if you're doing to do a big group refresh so you know when it'll be available again - just my opinion)
Option C - There is a feature character and character group (they didn't discuss the group aspect) The feature CHARACTER DOES NOT REQUIRE a REST period. Which means if you happen to run out of characters to send off, you can still send off the feature character to get points and EC. They mentioned that the higher level up the characters are, the more POINTS and EC you can gain.

Each battle will also get you POINTS as well as EC. The points are for bonus rewards along the way and the system works very much like the mini events we've seen in the past X-amount of Points will get you a prize and it appears that each prize for the chapter 1 quests are all EC so that's good for us.

It appears that the point of this entire thing is to get Jack Jack from the Incredibles and we are "buying" his tokens with EC. (I like this option. work hard, get the EC, get the tokens, get the character - again just my opinion).

I hope this clarifies some things for anyone like me who found it confusing and had to watch it several times over to get it. I really am excited about this event. I hope I'm not proven wrong.

Thanks for clarifying, I was totally confused reading all the comments. Did they mention how long we have for the Maleficent event?

Thanks, and yes your post helps a lot. That said I’m still confused :rotfl:Hopefully it all makes sense after the first days over.

Haven’t had the time to watch it yet, how dare work get in the way of me playing games :rotfl:. Hopefully will get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Two questions I hope someone can answer.

1) If Maleficent curses buildings, that need to be taped on to remove the curse, does that mean we have to scroll thru our entire kingdom multiple times a day to find those buildings?

2) It look like Jack Jack isn’t going to cost gems right? Other than speeding things up, will gems be required? I’m trying to decide if it’s safe for me to spend all my gems on Flower, do you guys think I’m safe doing it?

1) If Maleficent curses buildings, that need to be taped on to remove the curse, does that mean we have to scroll thru our kingdoms multiple times a day to find those buildings?

2) It doesnt look like Jack Jack is going to cost gems right? Other than speeding things up, will gems be required? I’m trying to decide if it’s safe for me to spend all my gems on Flower, do you guys think I’m safe doing it?

There's no current indication of what will make buildings cursed, but given that the more you log in, the more those splash ads pop up, the more money GameLoft lands, so probably

Doesnt appear that way, just EC->tokens-> Jack Jack,

Thank you for your post. It seemed a little confusing, but I think I have a handle on it now. If a attraction is cursed, do you only receive EC for tapping on it or do you still receive the normal magic too? That last teeny tiny bit of land (but happy to get it) was really expensive. Must be equivalent to DMK beach front real estate. I try to keep my magic above 5 mil just in case. So I've got some magic collecting to do.

I don’t think Jack Skellington, Anna, or Mrs. Incredible were ever gem purchased characters, just time limited event releases. Can anyone confirm that I’m remembering that correctly?

They were limited time release, but after the event ended you could get them buy purchasing the appropriate Legendary chest (when available) for 60 gems each and now we have a $9.99 option and then hoping you got something useful and not a decoration.

Thanks, and yes your post helps a lot. That said I’m still confused :rotfl:Hopefully it all makes sense after the first days over.
Haven’t had the time to watch it yet, how dare work get in the way of me playing games :rotfl:. Hopefully will get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Two questions I hope someone can answer.

1) If Maleficent curses buildings, that need to be taped on to remove the curse, does that mean we have to scroll thru our entire kingdom multiple times a day to find those buildings?

2) It look like Jack Jack isn’t going to cost gems right? Other than speeding things up, will gems be required? I’m trying to decide if it’s safe for me to spend all my gems on Flower, do you guys think I’m safe doing it?

Question One - YES!!! Scroll through the ENTIRE kingdom. Watching the livestream on the FB page you can see Will do it. There's a cursed building, he clicks it twice, gets EC, and then he's able to collect the magic of the building as usual

Question Two - NO GEMS!!! Jack Jack is all through EC, even the three characters in the chapters if you don't have them and you need them, they are EC too, which I think is fabulous!!! I personally don't have Flower yet, and I get ALL the characters, even the gems, but as Flower is permanent content, I'm not rushing to get him. But this is an Event with NO GEMS!!!

In my opinion EVERYONE who plays this game, needs to get behind this event, because maybe we can convince them to do ALL character sets like this, ALL EC, NO GEMS! It's would AMAZING! I know it won't happen, but a girl can dream!

Thank you for your post. It seemed a little confusing, but I think I have a handle on it now. If a attraction is cursed, do you only receive EC for tapping on it or do you still receive the normal magic too? That last teeny tiny bit of land (but happy to get it) was really expensive. Must be equivalent to DMK beach front real estate. I try to keep my magic above 5 mil just in case. So I've got some magic collecting to do.

Yes you get BOTH. Click on the cursed building and collect the EC, once the curse is gone, you'll see the little magic bubble above the building as normal. You just can't get that until the curse is lifted on said building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter