Disney Magic Kingdoms

A lot of you are all caught up with the game and just waiting for new content. As we anticipate the big announcement, I'm wondering if you have any advice for those of us who are still mid-game. (I am at level 31 and just recently welcomed Minnie.) I've read about things that can help with events... like not leveling up characters before an event, saving chests, etc. Should I be halting progress on my characters and saving chests? Or, since I still have a good ways to go, should I just carry on as normal?

I've been doing the same thing for quite some time. I don't need magic or tokens, so what's the point of sending characters on tasks (or even collecting from buildings)? I agree that it's nice to just keep up happiness and run parades, and participate in events as they come around.

And I haven't even bothered with parades, not for the slight chance that I might get one gem an hour later. Right now Randall is currently on Main Street and Tinkerbell is in Tomorrowland. Far more entertaining this way.

A lot of you are all caught up with the game and just waiting for new content. As we anticipate the big announcement, I'm wondering if you have any advice for those of us who are still mid-game. (I am at level 31 and just recently welcomed Minnie.) I've read about things that can help with events... like not leveling up characters before an event, saving chests, etc. Should I be halting progress on my characters and saving chests? Or, since I still have a good ways to go, should I just carry on as normal?

It really does help to have all of your main storyline characters ready to level up when an event happens just so you know your drops will be for event character items. Also I would suggest not worrying about the main storyline at all and focusing all attention on the event itself. That's where I went wrong with NBC (for instance, didn't focus enough on getting the event currency so had to wait around to accumulate more) but I definitely learned my lesson for Frozen!

laughing.gif~original

I finally have all my characters at level 10! So happy that it's done before the big update :). So what do I do now.....
Is there a way to generate the Mulan common token (the coins) besides Li Shang, Mulan, and maybe Mushu? Even at 6 minutes, it's brutal collecting piles of those.

Is there a way to generate the Mulan common token (the coins) besides Li Shang, Mulan, and maybe Mushu? Even at 6 minutes, it's brutal collecting piles of those.
They come in the chests too. But yea other than those characters it is brutal. I liked to spend a little time sending Mulan and Shang out at the same time over and over until I had a little pile to work with. That way when you have all the other tokens drop for a character it's not so bad.

At this point we're still a week away from the announcement, plus probably a couple of days after that before an event would start (if it's an event vs some other update). They have to give us time to download a new update, and recently it's been a couple of days to download, and then a couple of days to get Mickey's new outfit before trying to get the first new character. So at this point, I wouldn't stop all progress on the game. But perhaps if you have someone who is difficult to get their tokens, such as Donald, maybe hold off on them.

Then again, the game gets more boring when you have less characters to level up, so it might be a good time for a break before an event might happen. I haven't been playing the game nearly as much as I used to, which is why I still have Hans, Elsa, and all of the Mulan characters still needing to max out.

I'm sure I'm right there with most of you. I have no quests available and I'm at Level 36. Just makes the game so boring, but I don't want to stop playing. I keep leveling up my characters when I can, but don't have many rubies to blow on new items. Besides, my space is becoming very limited.

I wish we were able to sell the decorations we didn't want :(

I wish you could place characters in storage like the buildings.

I only have two Mulan characters to level from 9-10. All other characters are at 10. Like others have said, I can't be bothered sending everyone out when I have over 4mil in potions. It's a pain in the butt to scroll through all the characters just to send the five or six characters out on quests for tokens. I try to remember to click on their check marks and then tap the character right away to send them back out, but sometimes I forget and then either have to search for them in my park or scroll through all character icons to find them. It would be great to place the other characters in storage until they are needed :)

I, too, have nothing to do until the next update. I'm not bothering to send my characters out to do tasks, since with almost $12m magic I don't feel the need to collect more at this point. I do hope something interesting comes along...

^^ When you still need stuff it's such a pain to scroll through all those characters. What I did is try to put them out of the way with 12 or 24 hour quests when available. That's the closest to putting them in storage. ;)

I wish you could place characters in storage like the buildings.

I only have two Mulan characters to level from 9-10. All other characters are at 10. Like others have said, I can't be bothered sending everyone out when I have over 4mil in potions. It's a pain in the butt to scroll through all the characters just to send the five or six characters out on quests for tokens. I try to remember to click on their check marks and then tap the character right away to send them back out, but sometimes I forget and then either have to search for them in my park or scroll through all character icons to find them. It would be great to place the other characters in storage until they are needed :)

When I was leveling up the last 2 Mulan characters I just tapped on the castle, or character dialog, went to the person I wanted to level up and clicked on the token and it showed what characters I could use, and sent them off that way, all my other characters are wandering around unless I get a "wish" for them to do something. Scrolling through all of them was not something I wanted to do either.

Well, I had just about decided to halt progress when I got the quests to welcome Flynn and Randall. So now I have to worry about collecting all of their tokens before the announcement... along with 5 or 6 other characters that aren't ready to level up. I guess I will just get as much done as I can in the next 9 days.

Now that I can welcome Flynn, I have the option to purchase Maximus. Should I do it? I don't really want to spend 475 gems (I have saved 763), but I do love him. Is he good to have? Do you think he will go on sale or come with some kind of special offer? I don't mind spending a little money on good characters...

I am about like the rest of you. Everyone except The Mulan characters are maxed out. All three Mulan characters are at 9, and I'm collecting those tokens. I've stopped sending everyone else on quests because I have over 4 mil magic. Only fulfilling wishes and getting my last tokens.

Now that I can welcome Flynn, I have the option to purchase Maximus. Should I do it?

I don't remember if I received a special offer or used gems to get Maximus, but he has been really helpful. You will eventually battle Mother Gothel which takes 27 times - 4 hours? each. If you have Maximus, you will be able to send 3 characters to battle at a time.

He also has shorter tasks for collecting items for this group of characters. I think he is worth adding to your game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter