Disney Magic Kingdoms

I'm guessing this is just wishful thinking, but my portal to the closed off areas looks prettier/fancier than I remember it looking. Anyone else notice this, or is it just my desperation for a new area shining through?
With five areas left to be unlocked and a new set of characters soon to be introduced, I can't imagine that they are worried about making portals prettier, especially once they disappeared once a villain is a defeated. Hope I'm wrong, though.

So happy I have all of the NBC stuff so I don't have the pressure of giving into getting those chests! Happy for those that are getting what they needed from them though! I am getting pretty close to having all of my non-event characters at max level and still working on the event characters as well. I really hate collecting for all of these items though...I keep forgetting about the game nowadays.

Do
I can't check on this myself for you since I already have the characters at 10, but I trust that you already clicked on Zero's tokens to see how they can be obtained? Much like Frozen, now that the NBC event is over, tokens are going to be much harder for you to obtain.
Hard to get... so true! I realized the parade float will be my saving grace!

I'm guessing this is just wishful thinking, but my portal to the closed off areas looks prettier/fancier than I remember it looking. Anyone else notice this, or is it just my desperation for a new area shining through?
I have to agree 100%! I took a look after you posted this, and I totally see the "spruce up"!!

I've noticed this too, but I assume they'll have the 5 areas left to unlock open before they'll open the closed off areas... I can't wait for that though!!

So I "bought" a NBC Chest for 60 and got the Graveyard that I needed. I still need Oogie. With Beauty and the Beast on it's way, I don't want to get burned with spending jewels for benches in my quest for Oogie. How has the drop rate been for these chests? My thought is to wait on the chests since we have no idea what kind of mad scramble BatB might be.....right?

Thanks for the confirmations that I'm not just seeing things. I don't remember that gate looking so pretty before. :)

I just "won" the "cackling concession" from the spider game, so I'm happy. I was here to play NBC when it was launched, but I didn't get all the gem items, so it's nice to be able to get them now.

So I "bought" a NBC Chest for 60 and got the Graveyard that I needed. I still need Oogie. With Beauty and the Beast on it's way, I don't want to get burned with spending jewels for benches in my quest for Oogie. How has the drop rate been for these chests? My thought is to wait on the chests since we have no idea what kind of mad scramble BatB might be.....right?
For the "legendary" chests (Incredibles, NBC, soon to be Frozen and Mulan) there is no random drop. You can only get them during these limited time sales for gems.

For the "legendary" chests (Incredibles, NBC, soon to be Frozen and Mulan) there is no random drop. You can only get them during these limited time sales for gems.
I guess I only meant "random" in regards to a lesser prize.

Was in WDW last week so I missed many of the posts. Was super excited for the Beauty and the Beast being rolled out. What details do we know at this point?

From my perspective - not good! I've opened 7 chests only needing Oogie and got 2 consessions and the rest decorations. I'm done opening chests even though I have gems for 2 more. I figure I'll wait to try my luck the next time it comes around.

From my perspective - not good! I've opened 7 chests only needing Oogie and got 2 consessions and the rest decorations. I'm done opening chests even though I have gems for 2 more. I figure I'll wait to try my luck the next time it comes around.

This time I was very lucky. I needed Oogie and bought a chest. Got the Cackling concession. Opened another and got the Headless Horseman statue. Third try gave me Oogie. Better than last tnight me. Sorry your luck wasn't as good. Very rare for me to get things I didn't already have.

I finally have all my characters at level 10! So happy that it's done before the big update :). So what do I do now.....
Same here, but I am still opening gold and platinum chests as they come hoping for Tower of Terror, I would like to have it and be saving these chests... oh well.

Pretty much nothing except that there will be an announcement in 10 days.
And you know what? I've once again come to realize that at this point I really don't care much about the announcement. I don't need to know anything ahead of time because it's not going to do me a bit of good. Waiting ten days to, what, get a list of characters? Doesn't help any of us much. Announcements just mean that they're still at least two weeks from announcement date before they are ready to roll out the new material. So rather than anticipate a pointless announcement, I'm waiting for the actual roll-out.

Last edited:
So I've decided to just not send my characters out on any quests. And it's made the game a lot more enjoyable. Now I can just log on every now and again and clear magic, rather than green check marks. Plus, whenever one of those wish bubbles appears, I can immediately take care of those kids. So if you're like me with everyone at 10 and you have zero to do, give it a try. Leave the characters just roaming around your park. No sense in wasting time on tasks at this point, honestly.

So I've decided to just not send my characters out on any quests. And it's made the game a lot more enjoyable. Now I can just log on every now and again and clear magic, rather than green check marks. Plus, whenever one of those wish bubbles appears, I can immediately take care of those kids. So if you're like me with everyone at 10 and you have zero to do, give it a try. Leave the characters just roaming around your park. No sense in wasting time on tasks at this point, honestly.

I've been doing the same thing for quite some time. I don't need magic or tokens, so what's the point of sending characters on tasks (or even collecting from buildings)? I agree that it's nice to just keep up happiness and run parades, and participate in events as they come around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter