• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well, I still don't have Scar in my Windows game. Darn. Working on Bianca in iOS. I think I have 3 of her tokens. So, I am guessing I will welcome her somewhere around 2030. I am hoping that the gem rates pick back up with the conclusion of the tower event. I do have some characters I would like to purchase with gems. Hope everyone has a good day.
I got Scar this morning. I hope gems get better as well.

Also, I wasted my extra event points, because I sent him on a 24 hour quest without thinking about it first and did not buy extra tokens. I agree on Bianca at least 2030, after a week or more of collecting, I still don’t have any ear hats geez.

Edit: when I went back after posting, I have my first ear hat for Bianca.

Last edited:
I like how there was a message to use your event currency before the Tower event was over. However, there was no way to spend the event currency if you already had all of the characters for the Tower event. There were no chests that we could purchase. Got 14 gems though. woohoo.

As for Miss Bianca, those ear hats are going to take a long time. I have 2 currently. I have 9 of her perfume tokens. We need 40 of each just to welcome her. Not to mention how many we will eventually need to get her through all the levels.

So what happens if I don't finish one of my weekly events?
Does it roll over with what I have already accomplished?
Or does it roll over and make me start at zero?

So what happens if I don't finish one of my weekly events?
Does it roll over with what I have already accomplished?
Or does it roll over and make me start at zero?
Rolls over and maintains what you have already accomplished, so at least that's a positive.

I like how there was a message to use your event currency before the Tower event was over. However, there was no way to spend the event currency if you already had all of the characters for the Tower event. There were no chests that we could purchase. Got 14 gems though. woohoo.

As for Miss Bianca, those ear hats are going to take a long time. I have 2 currently. I have 9 of her perfume tokens. We need 40 of each just to welcome her. Not to mention how many we will eventually need to get her through all the levels.
Curious as to why they set Penny's teddy bear tokens to match the common tokens for each level. Error? Or just stupidity...?

The other day I got a pop-up with the opportunity to take DMK's survey in return for 25 gems. I did the survey. I suggest to everyone that they take the survey as it provides us some options for some decent feedback about what we like about the game.

Last edited:
Indeed, I haven't had a single one drop. I've only been able to use the ones I had carried over from a prior event.

The other day I got a pop-up with the opportunity to take DMK's survey in return for 25 gems. I did the survey. I suggest to everyone that they take the survey as it provides us some options for some decent feedback about what we like about the game.
Ha!! Right. Feedback. Double ha...

The Penny token situation is absurd too. I know they're a common token, but 40 bears just to get her to Level 5?! And one of the three tasks that collects for them is a 12-hour task with two characters.
Yes! Absurd to require so many tokens. And to rub salt in the wound….when the “common“ task that takes 12 hrs does NOT yield the token…even more ridiculous. I‘m looking at you, Pocahontas!

I have noticed these Rescuers common token tasks are yielding more like uncommon ones. In 5 times of sending out characters to get the message bottle tokens….I only got 2 of them. That is not the yield I got before on common token tasks. Frustrating.

Yes! Absurd to require so many tokens. And to rub salt in the wound….when the “common“ task that takes 12 hrs does NOT yield the token…even more ridiculous. I‘m looking at you, Pocahontas!

I have noticed these Rescuers common token tasks are yielding more like uncommon ones. In 5 times of sending out characters to get the message bottle tokens….I only got 2 of them. That is not the yield I got before on common token tasks. Frustrating.
This is due to the change in Happiness. When people had “ecstatic” level of happiness, you got a 10% boost to token drops. More if running a parade. At lower happiness levels, 6% or 3%. The bonuses were enough to guarantee common tokens would drop almost all the time. Since all of that old system is gone, a bad RNG (random number generator) can mean no common token. This is going to make all token drops harder, so expect more frustration with the next limited time event.

So what exactly was the point of giving us a bunch of happiness on the calendar? It didn't even count towards the 10 I needed that day, so is there any reason at all that should be considered a bonus (other than that they were just too lazy to change the awards calendar)?

So what exactly was the point of giving us a bunch of happiness on the calendar? It didn't even count towards the 10 I needed that day, so is there any reason at all that should be considered a bonus (other than that they were just too lazy to change the awards calendar)?
Those happiness count toward progress on your season levels, so the 75 we got is basically like doing a day of dailies

Happened to see a post on Instagram last night and people are mentioning the poor token drops since the change to the whole happiness situation. They were primarily mentioning the lanterns needed for the shadow tapper event that just started. DMK at least was commenting on those posts and saying they were looking into it. Granted they included the normal bs type of stuff about rebalancing.

I was on the game when it flipped to the new "day" and the one tapper event completed and suddenly there is another butterfly tapper event. At least with this one we don't have to collect any tokens to participate. This is a 3 day event and 5 will spawn every 4 hours. But at least the "go" button will take you to them and you don't have to hunt for them.

Happened to see a post on Instagram last night and people are mentioning the poor token drops since the change to the whole happiness situation. They were primarily mentioning the lanterns needed for the shadow tapper event that just started. DMK at least was commenting on those posts and saying they were looking into it. Granted they included the normal bs type of stuff about rebalancing.
"Looking into" programming decisions they themselves made??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter