Disney Magic Kingdoms

So, I've been playing on my iPad, but broke down and installed this game also on my iPhone, linked to the GameCenter, to try an experiment. I had a found bronze chest that had been sitting on a pedestal for three hours and was ready to be opened, so I opened it on my iPad. I saw it was 300 magic, so I closed out the game on my iPad, went to a previous save on my iPhone, and reopened the chest. Still 300 magic. So I closed it out again, and tried one more time on my iPad, and what do you know: Pluto topiary. If it works on found bronze chests with magic and Pluto topiaries, it should work on found gold chests with worthless crap and gloves. In the meantime, do platinum chests ever drop, or can they only be purchased?

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is no longer getting chests? For the first several days, almost every time I logged in, I'd have the little chest icon with a number to look for. Now, for the past couple of days, nothing. No icon, no chests in the kingdom, though I occasionally seem to get one from a character finishing a quest.
This new update has really cut down on the fun of gameplay for me

I've actually seen an increased number in chests appearing on the map since the day everyone found a gold chest. Your game might be bugged? Do you still get the one from the train?

So far, today I have gotten three chests: 2 silver and 1 bronze. Still no gloves. How many days since this thing started?

I've actually seen an increased number in chests appearing on the map since the day everyone found a gold chest. Your game might be bugged? Do you still get the one from the train?
I don't! So yeah, I wonder if I need to uninstall/reinstall and see if I can fix it. Thanks.

As far as I can tell, nobody on this forum has Prince Charming without paying for him. Getting old. I agree with the pp that this is a money grab and nothing more.

I was able to get charming's gloves after my first or second gold chest. Didn't buy anything. Sounds like I'm just extremely lucky.

I'm drowning in bronze chests. After days of waiting, I finally broke down and used some of the gems I've been hoarding to buy the pack of eleven chests.
The gloves were in the next to last one. I was ABOUT to lose my mind, but the gloves finally popped up.

I'm drowning in bronze chests. After days of waiting, I finally broke down and used some of the gems I've been hoarding to buy the pack of eleven chests.
The gloves were in the next to last one. I was ABOUT to lose my mind, but the gloves finally popped up.
I'm convinced this is what they want to have happen--I missed the day when everyone found a gold chest due to travel, but I'm so annoyed that this is the result! It's taken me months to get up to the number of gems I have and part of that is due to the Incredibles currency! I'm very frugal with my real money (and the premium currency in this game), and I can't bring myself to see this as a lasting investment because I know eventually more and more people will HAVE to get gloves. It's not like the lottery where only one person wins it, even though that is how it seems. We should all have a fair shot without paying for the game. I know that's how they make money, but between the increase in ad sales I'm sure they're seeing as well as regular purchases people made before this chest thing, I don't see why these things are so pricey!

So, the brooms mini-event ended, and when I last looked, some half-hour before--I wasn't paying attention at the very end--only the top seven people on my leaderboard had gotten the five-gem prize for getting 750 brooms. More people got the Top Ten leaderboard prize gems than got the measly top individual gem prize. Ridiculous! The mini-events are just so much more effort for so much less reward than they used to be, before the Incredibles event started.

So, I've been playing on my iPad, but broke down and installed this game also on my iPhone, linked to the GameCenter, to try an experiment. I had a found bronze chest that had been sitting on a pedestal for three hours and was ready to be opened, so I opened it on my iPad. I saw it was 300 magic, so I closed out the game on my iPad, went to a previous save on my iPhone, and reopened the chest. Still 300 magic. So I closed it out again, and tried one more time on my iPad, and what do you know: Pluto topiary. If it works on found bronze chests with magic and Pluto topiaries, it should work on found gold chests with worthless crap and gloves. In the meantime, do platinum chests ever drop, or can they only be purchased?
i think i will have to try this i would rather have magic then decoration granted i have way too much magic but i am running out of room for decorations then for the next gold one last one didnt give the gloves i will try this thanks for the tip :)

I'm convinced this is what they want to have happen--I missed the day when everyone found a gold chest due to travel, but I'm so annoyed that this is the result! It's taken me months to get up to the number of gems I have and part of that is due to the Incredibles currency! I'm very frugal with my real money (and the premium currency in this game), and I can't bring myself to see this as a lasting investment because I know eventually more and more people will HAVE to get gloves. It's not like the lottery where only one person wins it, even though that is how it seems. We should all have a fair shot without paying for the game. I know that's how they make money, but between the increase in ad sales I'm sure they're seeing as well as regular purchases people made before this chest thing, I don't see why these things are so pricey!
*Sending virtual hugs your way* I know it's frustrating to not be to progress in the game, but since we've already been this patient in collecting a bunch of gems, we can do the same to welcome Charming. At least we only need one from chests :/ We'll get Charming one day!

Well....still waiting for my prince. My gold chest that I finally got yesterday dropped magic. Ugh...at least I had time to level Mickey to ten and start Mother Gothels 24 hr welcome.

Me, too. :( Hang in there. I'm not going to cave in and pay them for this or they'll just keep doing it again and again. I have so many fire hydrants, lamps, and benches in my "shop" that I don't even know where to put them. I'll play for now since there are things I can do (level up characters) still, but if I get totally stuck I can't imagine spending more time or money on this.

Last edited:
Well....still waiting for my prince. My gold chest that I finally got yesterday dropped magic. Ugh...at least I had time to level Mickey to ten and start Mother Gothels 24 hr welcome.
do any of mother gothel tokens appear in the gold chest? i want to level up my characters but fear of making more items available in the chest lessen the chance of gloves thanks

do any of mother gothel tokens appear in the gold chest? i want to level up my characters but fear of making more items available in the chest lessen the chance of gloves thanks
I worry about this too. I have lots of characters to continue to level. So I can be patient waiting for the gloves... But I also don't want to make it take longer!

HI everyone! I have been following this thread for quite sometime but this is my first post. I have not used gems/bought any platinum chests, however I have received at least 3 sets of gloves from the chests. My Prince Charming is at a level 4 and I have the Regal Carrousel which has dropped 2 sets of gloves now. And I am welcoming Cinderella which will take a while as her 1 glass slipper token takes many missions to drop. I think I may only have been given one platinum chest at the beginning, which had a fountain in it. I have had 2 or 3 gold chests that had low levels of magic or bench in it :/. I have had a number of silver chests that have had a lantern or an ear hat, mostly magic though...and I have had a crap load of bronze many of which have had a little magic...I have actually discarded many bronze chests. My biggest problem right now has been getting Zurg earhats, ugh! I have been trying for three weeks to get those hats to drop and I still need 3 more to welcome him. It's so frustrating to go on 12 and 24 hour missions using two characters (while losing happiness while the kids wait 24 hours or a wish) to end up empty :(. Donald is also a pain...in 6 days not one ear hat has dropped and I may have been able to get 4 Donald hats..again on long missions to wind up with nothing...kind of getting frustrated with the game. I am not quite sure what to do with the Incredibles characters but gather magic. I wish there was more to do with them. Feel like its a waste to spend magic on upgrading their levels if it doesn't help the story. I feel like storing the big Omnidroid City and all other related buildings as they are taking up space....but the do generate magic if nothing else so I'll keep them unless I run out of space for other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter