Disney is really pushing phone usage!

With all the price increases they need to invest in better park & resort wifi. What they have now already makes it difficult to use the MyDisney app with. it all depends on where you are standing and how many are in the park using it.

I was just reading an article mourning the loss of MagicBands. The point was that instead of having to look at your phone all day, try to arrange something on a little screen, miss all the magic around you, you could just use your Band to do everything. Granted, you still had to add FPs throughout the day. But I agree with the OP. Disney is pushing this big time.

Obviously, it's all about those push notification. You know, where they "push" an idea your way to spend some extra money at the parks. It's a profit generator. Can't blame a company for that. Unless the whole point of going to a place like this is to feel the magic. I find zero magic on my phone, but that's where I'll be looking all day. I guess the wife and kids will still get to take it all in. But someone has to be the "designated Genie" on the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter