Disney in a Time of Covid-A Different, But Wonderful Trip! (updated 8/4/22 x2)

Wow...those are some rough crowds ;)

:welcome:

I mean, they were terrible. The masses! :rotfl2:

Loving the report so far! Maura is such a cutie. And you're so funny 🤣.

:welcome:

Maura is cute, but seriously insane. She pretty much talks constantly And thanks for saying I'm funny. I don't think so, but I enjoy hearing that I am. :)

I'm also going to read your TR from 2016 because the title made me spit out my drink. That's totally something we'd do.

OMG it's finally not -5 degrees in Wisconsin anymore! It was in the upper 30's today. It might hit 40 tomorrow. Can you say heat wave? That's the excitement going on in my life right now. So, let's get back to Disney where things were definitely warmer and more exciting.

We had just walked on to Journey Into Imagination. And, we were off! Dr. Nigel Channing was waiting to greet us.

If you've never been on this ride, you won't have a need to after this installment, because I think Lucy photographed the whole thing. Like every second of it. You tell me.

I guess Lucy doesn't get all the credit. Jason took some too.

I told you they photographed the WHOLE RIDE!!!!

We got off the ride and all the interactive stuff was closed. Not really surprising due to Covid.

We did go into the dump shop to look around. Maura bought a Disney World hat that you'll see in upcoming pictures and a Figment that you can attach to your shoulder with a magnet. You'll see that too. For some reason, I got 3 receipts with this purchase. I tried to save all my receipts this trip so I could reference them while doing this TR. I have no idea why I have 3 for the exact same thing, but I do. I guess they didn't want me to forget I bought this stuff.

After that fun, we did some back tracking and wandered over to The Sea With Nemo and Friends. The line was enormous. Like an hour wait. Just kidding, it was a walk on, but I'm sure you guessed that already. We had to take a few outside, scenic shots first though, and visit our favorite obnoxious sea gulls before going in.

You can see the "please wait here" stickers in the background in this one. They extended really far out of most of the rides, but rarely did we see the lines go out that far. And when we did, it didn't mean the line was long.

Here's Lucy doing her best seagull impression.

Here's another "picture of Jason taking a picture" picture.

And here's the picture he took.

Apparently this was becoming a habit with us.

Ride selfie! Either I was riding myself or Jason didn't want to be in the picture. I think maybe I was on my own. I wore the right color mask for the black lights that day, I guess! My Stitches are glowing!

None of us took pictures on the ride I guess, but we all took some after. I actually have over 100 pictures from the Seas area because Maura took my phone and took a ton of pictures. She LOVES sea creatures and wants to be a marine biologist or a zookeeper one day, but focusing on sea creatures. I won't share them all. Many are blurry. We had to start with the obligatory Dory shot.

And you can't have Dory without Nemo and Marlin and their anemone.

Those little black and silver blurs are skinny little fish! They were fun to watch.

A lone seahorse.

I guess we liked these little shrimp (haha, little shrimp). They are pretty cool looking.

We were all sad when we saw the shark area was closed. No Bruce photo this year. Well, at least not with us in it. But again, totally made sense why it was closed.

Are you sick of sea creatures yet?

(continued in next post)

Well TOO BAD!!!! Here's more sea creatures.

I'm 100% positive Maura took this one because it's a shark and sharks are her very favorite sea creatures.

(Not so) hidden Mickey! And you can see a diver in the background in there.

She's in her element. You can see the hat she bought too.

We were all kind of done with the sea life at this point. Well, except for Maura. I had to drag her away, but she has plenty of pictures to remember everything she saw there. Plus some videos. She took a TON of footage with my phone. She was lured away with the prospect of riding Test Track. We saw there was just a short wait, so we started heading over there. As you can imagine, the line was super short. I don't think we walked right to the front on this one, but we didn't wait more than about 5 minutes. We of course couldn't design our own cars, again, thanks Covid, but it was okay since the line was so short. It was only sad we didn't get to design our own car, because Jason and whatever kid he's working with always seem to come up with the most ridiculous looking vehicle. Like, I think no way could they top the last one, but they always do. I guess you'll just have to wait until next time to see what they come up with.

We did manage to snag a few photos as we walked in the queue.

Clearly Lucy was walking and snapping pictures. You can see us blurred in front of her.

In no time, we were boarding our cars and driving out to see how they rated in all the tests. Here's our ride photos. The girls look like they're just having a regular old conversation while flying through a ride at 60+ miles per hour.

Jason and I are living it up. Toni looks a little wary and J is just trying to keep on his sunglasses I think!

As we were getting to the unloading area, the girls were calling to us. They had been told they could ride again immediately (since you know, there was a huge wait), because the sound hadn't worked in their car for the first ride. The CMs said we could all ride again so off we went! J did want to ride with the kids this time, so he jumped in the car with the girls and the adults had our own behind them. No complaints from us about a second ride!

At least Lucy took notice of the camera this time.

This next photo is my favorite ride photo of the trip. Jason and I are laughing about something I think and Toni is behind us and she's just all business. Like she's our secret service agent or something.

We figured 2 rides in a row was enough TT for now, so we exited and headed over to Mouse Gears. I think we initially were just going to walk through to get to Spaceship Earth. Future World was such a cluster with all the upgrades being done to the park, we thought it would be a bit faster to cut through Mouse Gears, and we were right, but of course my kids can't stop in a store without purchasing something. Remember when I said before Maura got a hat and a Figment to put on your shoulder at the JII dump shop? I was half right. She got the hat, but not the Figment. She got an OPP Figment (whatever that is, I can't remember) at the first store, and the shoulder Figment at Mouse Gears. Lucy also got a shoulder Remy and Maura also got a stuffed black and white knit Oswald and Steamboat Willie Micky Mouse. They are really cute. I may have a picture of them later in the report. I only got 2 receipts at Mouse Gears. Clearly they are slacking in their receipt dispensing.

Also, I have a funny story about a dump shop. I meant to add it earlier and forgot. Lucy told me just the other day, that when she was a kid, she thought dump shops were called dump shops because they only had junky stuff in them that you'd just dump in the garbage soon after. :laughing: She realized much later it was because you get "dumped" in the shop after the ride.

But enough about dump shops and merchandise. After our shopping, we started walking over to Spaceship Earth, as originally intended, but of course we got sidetracked by a PP. We hadn't gotten any yet today so we stopped. No matter how much I tried to get Toni and the kids to pose with us, they refused. So, you'll have to look at our ugly mugs. You will see the newly acquired Figment and Remy though.

Check out Jason's cool Spaceship Earth mask! Our friend Lisa made that one for him.

I think it must have been really sunny. I see a lot of squinting happening.

Figment is getting the stink eye here.

This was really the only place you could get a good PP with the SE ball this trip, again, due to all the construction. And the PP was doing some fancy camera work to get as much as they could of the refurb walls out of the pictures.

Now Remy gets the stink eye. Or maybe it's the squint eye.

This isn't PP anymore, but see how our view was?

We finally made it over to SE, after weaving our way through the refurb walls, but I'll save that for next time. Lots more coming on our first Epcot day. We didn't even try any of the Food and Wine samplings yet!

Yay, an update! I know that Covid crowds, especially if we're talking September 2020, were super low, but your trip report makes me think I need to reevaluate what I consider an acceptable wait. (Well wait-- what do you consider an acceptable wait?!) I think I stand in lines too much... looks like you guys did NOT have that problem at ALL on this trip. I have a 10 night trip (!) scheduled for early November (during school, likely right after my daughter finally goes back in) (mother of the year) and I'm starting to really freak out about handling the crowds without fastpass and during the still-early anniversary celebrations. I'm hoping it won't be crazy but I can't predict/guess at crowd levels and prepare for them like I have before...I keep telling people about how you can always find fun at Disney, that you need to zig when others zag, you have to be there early and late, you have to not fixate on the rides. Can I take my own advice? We shall see...
And thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Or my therapy session.

Keep the updates coming, please! I want to see what you ate. (Italian person here. It's all about the food.)

I can't seem to stay caught up. Isn't it wonderful to walk from Beach Club to the International Gateway? Same with the Skyliner station there. (we need to remember that when we price out your next trip) You encountered the same crowds as we did....none...and we loved it! Getting to ride all those rides with little to no wait is awesome! Oh and I love how your Stitch on the mask is glowing.

Yay, an update! I know that Covid crowds, especially if we're talking September 2020, were super low, but your trip report makes me think I need to reevaluate what I consider an acceptable wait. (Well wait-- what do you consider an acceptable wait?!) I think I stand in lines too much... looks like you guys did NOT have that problem at ALL on this trip. I have a 10 night trip (!) scheduled for early November (during school, likely right after my daughter finally goes back in) (mother of the year) and I'm starting to really freak out about handling the crowds without fastpass and during the still-early anniversary celebrations. I'm hoping it won't be crazy but I can't predict/guess at crowd levels and prepare for them like I have before...I keep telling people about how you can always find fun at Disney, that you need to zig when others zag, you have to be there early and late, you have to not fixate on the rides. Can I take my own advice? We shall see...
And thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Or my therapy session.

Keep the updates coming, please! I want to see what you ate. (Italian person here. It's all about the food.)

The crowds were super low. We usually go in September and the crowds are light and wait times usually short, but this trip for sure was the trip of the shortest waits ever. Even when the wait time was posted as longer.

I enjoyed your Ted Talk/Therapy session and I hope next November won't be too bad!

Food updates coming soon. We were at Epcot after all and it was Food and Wine.

I can't seem to stay caught up. Isn't it wonderful to walk from Beach Club to the International Gateway? Same with the Skyliner station there. (we need to remember that when we price out your next trip) You encountered the same crowds as we did....none...and we loved it! Getting to ride all those rides with little to no wait is awesome! Oh and I love how your Stitch on the mask is glowing.

I can't stay caught up with my own either! I should be posting more often. We loved walking to the International Gateway. It was so nice and convenient. And we loved the Skyliner. More on that later! I think we want to stay at POR for our next trip though, so we won't get either of those.

Loved the low crowds. And yes, loved the white in any of the masks that glowed in the black lights.

Following along L)

Welcome! :welcome:

Happy to be joining in! I am loving this TR so far!

Happy to have you! :welcome:

So where were we? I think we were just about to get on Spaceship Earth. After weaving our way in and out of the refurb walls and detouring through Mouse Gears, we arrived at our destination. We thought we wouldn't be riding SE this trip since they are going to update it, but then we all know Covid happened, and they put a halt on that for now. That was fine with us because we wanted to ride it one more time in it's current form. We had to get a few obligatory pictures before boarding. Of course you all know by now the line was non-existent.

And soon we were in our time traveling vehicles. Lucy celebrated the occasion with a selfie.

Of course, once again, with 3 of us taking pictures, we have an obscene number from this ride. I'll try to trim it down to 3 or 4 hundred so as not to bore you with them. I guess we figured since this version was going away, we'd better stock up.

This family who has been watching Neil Armstrong take his first step on the moon for 40 years.

All the while Dame Judi Densch is telling us all about communication through time. My mom loves her. My mom has never been to Disney World (I know, the horror!), but I know she'd love this ride for this reason alone. Oh well. She missed her chance. I doubt she'll be narrating the new installment.

I was riding solo but I did get some pictures of my future. What the heck happened with my mask though. It looks like I bit holes in it. I most certainly did not.

Here's LUcy and C. I guess Lucy was hungry and ate her mask too.

Me and my new husband.

Lucy and C.

I think I got a picture of Maura and J, but it was really blurry so I'm not posting it.

Jason didn't take any of himself I guess.

We started walking back to WS at this point. We wanted to have some other Food and Wine offerings. We only made it across the bridge that separates Future World and WS before we ran into a stand selling this deliciousness. Lucy had to have it.

It was strawberry flavored and quite refreshing and delicious. Lucy ate most of it, but we all got a taste. And it was so sparkly!

I also wanted to try this concoction. It was plant based banana bread with a fruit sauce and whipped cream. It was also delicious. Both of these were purchased at the Food and Wine Mimosa stand just outside Canada.

Lucy needed a selfie with her cone. Wasn't it pretty?

While we were enjoying these, Jason found a filet in Canada he wanted to try. He said it was really good. I don't eat beef or pork so I didn't try it, but I trust his word. As you can see, I was barely able to get a picture of it he was enjoying it so quickly.

We were watching these guys while we were having our snacks. Some of them were filthy beggars, though these weren't as bad as some of the others we encountered other times during the trip.

Lucy took some other scenic shots while we were sitting there.

If you look closely, you'll see in the above picture, the sun is shining in part of it and you can see blue sky. But this next picture, taken just in the opposite direction shows what looks like rain clouds coming. I can't remember if it had just rained or was just about to (possibly both), but it never lasts long.

After our snacks outside, we headed into the Wine and Dine pavilion to see what they had in there, and I was going to say hi to a friend who was also in there. Toni and family went to get something else, but we'd see them again in a bit.

You can see that had signs and stanchions directing traffic in and out of the pavilion. People were really good at obeying the signs.

[

Once inside, there were lots of things to try! And the atmosphere was fun. They did a great job with crowd control too, as people were spaced out really well.

(continued in next post)

Here's a good picture of the crowds and you can see the signs for the different food offerings.

Here was my first offering in the tent. Kielbasa and potato pierogi. I'm half Polish, so this was a must. I know I said I don't eat beef or pork, but I do make exceptions on vacation, and I thought kielbasa was a fair exception. After all, it is my heritage.

We all tried this. The kids love pierogi. It was very good. My receipt says I also bought a Spike the Bee spork. I know I got that so we didn't have to keep using plastic silverware. I'm sure I'll have a picture of it at some point.

While I was getting that, Jason and the girls were getting drinks. Jason got a frozen apple cider something or other with alcohol in it. He said it was good and liked the plastic Moscow Mule cup he got with it. He still uses it sometimes.

Maura got a frozen s'mores chocolate drink. It was like hot chocolate, but cold. Really good!

I found my friend, K in the tent, so we chatted for a bit and got a picture to prove it!

It was nice to see her. I hadn't seen her in a while. She used to live in the Chicago area, but moved to Florida a few years back. After talking for a while, we headed back out to find Toni and the kids. We met them in Morocco which is a country we hadn't explored a ton before, so we wanted to get a better look at it. Lucy of course took some pictures while we were walking there. We walked by France on our way to meet them.

And there's Morocco in the distance with some random dude walking by.

We met back up with Toni, J, and C and headed in.

Morocco is such a pretty pavilion. All the mosaic work is incredible. I can't even imagine how long that took. I like this picture with the grey sky in the background.

Jason and his new camel friend.

I had seen this fountain in other TRs and was happy to get to see it in person. Like I said, we'd never ventured too far into Morocco before.

I then made Jason take this picture that I had seen in other TRs before. He protested at first, but I egged him on and he complied.

He would never actually do that. I was giggling like a child though when I made him take it.

Lucy was trying to capture all the details of Morocco, apparently including the top of my fat head.

I guess I just thought this flower was pretty. I was thinking maybe it had some significance, but the sign says "Cliff Date Palm" which means nothing to me, so I'm guessing I just liked it.

We looked around in the shops for a bit but didn't buy anything yet. We had another day at Epcot, so we wanted to wait. After Morocco, it was time to say goodbye to Toni, C, and J. They had to meet Paul, Toni's husband who had been working. We were sad we didn't get to see him this trip, but next time. It was sad to say goodbye to our friends, but we were so glad we got to spend a couple of days with them. J said "Will I ever see you again?" We promised we'd do this again on our next trip. We hugged and they were on their way.

Since Japan was the next country and we had a bit of time, we headed over to Mitsukoshi to browse. Because why not? It's such a cool store. We didn't buy anything there either, but we'd be back in a few days and we'd do some shopping there then.

Obviously, we had to get some pictures.

Before we went into the store, Maura noticed the Food and Wine stand for Japan had teriyaki bao buns and wanted one. So we got in line so she could have one.

It was teriyaki chicken and it was tasty! We all got a little taste. While we were eating that, Lucy got a few more scenic shots.

See that PP in this picture? You can bet your sweet bippy that we went over and got a few pictures with him!

I like that you can really see our smiles behind our masks in this one.

Jason's got his mug.

This one is almost identical, but look at Maura's face.

And now for some magic. Not sure what Maura is looking at here. Certainly not the rat on Lucy's hand.

A few more scenery shots and then we had to head out of Japan. We had an ADR to get to.

And one across the lagoon, because why not?

Looking at this picture, sure, I'd give anything to be at Disney right now, but I'd give anything for it to be that warm right now! We're finally warming up a bit here. It hit 60 today, but I'd prefer 80. Soon, I hope.

(continued in next post)

We left Japan and started walking over to our ADR, but we saw a PP in Italy and you know if there is a PP we're going to stop. We were by Italy and this PP got some fun shots.

And now some magic. We'd never seen this one before. It's so cute, but Jason is starting to do his "magic shot face."

And then the PP had us turn around and face the lagoon.

Maura wanted an Epcot guide. She had one from MK and wanted to be sure she got one from each park. We ran into this shop in Italy to see if they had them, and sure enough they did. This CM's name was Maura too, and we had to get a picture, because we rarely meet anyone else with that name.

We chatted with her for a few minutes and went on our way.

Where were we eating tonight? Why in Mexico!

You can see again the signs for traffic control. Their signs and CM's directing traffic were very successful and I don't think we ever say anyone disobeying the directions. It was nice to see people were being respectful.

I guess Lucy found a Hidden Mickey. Well, sort of. She needed a picture.

We walked into the Mexico pavilion. If you haven't guessed, we were dining at the San Angel Inn tonight. This was Lucy's pick for the trip. Everyone always gets to pick 1 place for a sit down meal on our trips, and no one can veto it. Lucy had been wanting to try San Angel Inn for a while. She really likes the atmosphere and loves Mexican food. No one would have argued with this choice, though. We're all Mexican food fans. Before we checked in, we had to get a couple pictures.

Gosh, it's just so pretty in there. And see how low the crowds were? The CMs were keeping track of how many came in or out. We never felt like we were too close to other guests.

We checked in for our ADR and were seated immediately. We got a fantastic spot right on the water where the Gran Fiesta ride goes by. The kids were thrilled we got a seat there. You can see a boat going by in the picture.

We scanned the QR code for the menu and were soon deciding on our meals. I had to get some pictures of everyone sitting down.

Our server was at our table almost immediately and took our drink order. He was back with drinks quickly and took our food order. Once we ordered, we enjoyed the atmosphere and took some more pictures.

Our food came out pretty quickly. The girls both got the cheese quesadilla with rice and beans.

I'm not going to lie, I was very surprised and a little disappointed to see that the beans were green beans and not refried beans. Just not what you'd expect at a Mexican restaurant. The menu just said beans, so we assumed. The green beans weren't bad, just not what we were expecting.

I got the Pollo a las Rajas. Grilled Chicken Breast over a bed of Roasted Garlic Potatoes with Onions, Poblano Peppers, Corn, and Poblano Pepper Cream Sauce topped with Queso Fresco.

Yum! It was delish. That sauce. Mmmmmmmm.

Jason got the Enchiladas de Pollo. Corn Tortillas filled with Chipotle Chicken covered with Salsa Verde, Crema Mexicana, Cotija Cheese and Crispy Onion Straws atop Refried Beans served with Plantains topped with Crema Mexicana and Cotija Cheese .

I got to try a bite. Also very good, and his did come with the refried beans under it.

Here's Maura's quesadillas. Her's was the kid size. She's technically over 9, but looks younger, so they let her get the kids meal.

Her's was basically the same as Lucy's, but less food. They were both happy with what they got.

Lucy kept taking pictures throughout the meal. I guess Jason was her star that day.

I honestly have no idea what was going on here, but clearly some kind of "daddy close up" photo shoot. Maybe I had gone to use the bathroom because I have zero recollection of this happening.

Fully stuffed after our delectable dinner plus all the F&W snacks we had, we payed our bill and rolled on out of there. We really enjoyed the San Angel Inn and would definitely go back.

Since we were in the pavilion, we weren't going to miss out on seeing our favorite duck and his friends, so we got in line, er, rather walked onto to The Gran Fiesta with the 3 Caballeros. The wait was -3 minutes.

That's where we just were! That was our table, all the way on the right. Our dishes were still on it because it had literal been about 120 seconds since we'd been sitting there.

Jason is getting some major side eye.

(continued in next post)

The first time we rode this ride in 2012, we had to ride it twice in a row because Lucy was laughing so hard. There is a part where Donald loses his bathing suit, and he's running after the boat that has it saying "bring me back my bathing suit." In Lucy's almost 6 year old mind, that was about the funniest thing she'd ever seen. It's still our favorite part of the ride.

I love that in the flags in this picture, you can see Donald, Jose, and Panchito. Such a fun detail.

I love these fireworks. It's such a cool effect, but the pictures never do them justice.

Once we finished the ride, it was just about 7pm and Epcot would be closing for the day. That was really the one thing I hated about this trip, was the shortened park hours. Usually when we go in September, Epcot, MK, and HS are open until at least 10, but that wasn't the case this time. We never got to see the parks all lit up at night, which is my favorite time. It did let us do other things at night though. We started heading back to the International Gateway. Lucy had to stop and get this picture of Morocco though. She wanted to get it with Tower of Terror in it, since they match up.

Pretty cool how they did that.

We were back to Beach Club in no time. Lucy was snapping pictures the whole way.

This was the last picture any of us took that day as we headed back into BC.

We got back to the room. Lucy wanted to go to the Solarium and the Ale and Compass. She had seen some things she might want to buy. She and I walked over there and she bought some velvety yellow Mickey ears. We called them the Winnie the Pooh ears. She had seen them earlier and liked them. They'll show up in future pictures! She also did some pin trading at both places and got some good ones.

I took the girls down the quiet pool right outside our room for a bit. It felt good to cool off after the hot day. We were in bed by 11 and ready to go to AK the next morning! We also wanted to get up early to try to obtain the elusive Ale and Compass sticky buns! Stay tuned.

:wave: Found your report the other day and have been enjoying reading it. I really want to go back but my husband won't do any kind of traveling with all the Covid. It's great to see how Disney has been handling all the restrictions and making it seem so normal.

I know, I know. The Wawa isn't that exciting, but it is to us! We LOVE The Goldbergs, and we don't have The Wawa in Wisconsin, so it was fun to see one in person. I think Maura has a crush on Barry Goldberg. She's always talking about him.

LOVE Wawa! I am originally from Philadelphia, they are all over down there.

We were at the Contemporary by 7:15. We got our bands scanned and found a parking spot. Now, we were going to park in the TTC center, as I know parking at other resorts all day is frowned upon, HOWEVER, before you get your undies in a bundle, I had specifically gone down to the front desk at BC the night before to ask what the best/fastest way would be to get to Contemporary on time. They said just park in the lot. I specified that we were headed to MK after breakfast and didn't want to re-park. They told me we could just park at Contemporary all day. That's what they would do. So, we did. I figured since we were told it was okay, it was. (and it was. No suspense here that we got in trouble later or something.)

We had this come up on our 2014 trip when we had an early morning ADR at Kona Cafe. They told us we could park at the Poly but we worried at first. Then my dad said he figured at that time in the morning chances were that if that parking spot was needed by someone staying there they would probably be in it. (and there were tons and tons of open spots)

I'm not going to lie, I was very surprised and a little disappointed to see that the beans were green beans and not refried beans. Just not what you'd expect at a Mexican restaurant. The menu just said beans, so we assumed. The green beans weren't bad, just not what we were expecting.

I have to say I was surprised to see green beans at a Mexican restaurant too. San Angel has been on my wish list for a while, too, hope to try it next time.

Looking forward to more! :flower1:

:wave: Found your report the other day and have been enjoying reading it. I really want to go back but my husband won't do any kind of traveling with all the Covid. It's great to see how Disney has been handling all the restrictions and making it seem so normal.

LOVE Wawa! I am originally from Philadelphia, they are all over down there.

We had this come up on our 2014 trip when we had an early morning ADR at Kona Cafe. They told us we could park at the Poly but we worried at first. Then my dad said he figured at that time in the morning chances were that if that parking spot was needed by someone staying there they would probably be in it. (and there were tons and tons of open spots)

I have to say I was surprised to see green beans at a Mexican restaurant too. San Angel has been on my wish list for a while, too, hope to try it next time.

Looking forward to more! :flower1:

Aw, I wish you could go. I keep telling people Disney is probably the safest place you can be besides your own home. It felt totally normal and we really got used to the masks after about 10 minutes. Now that vaccines are becoming readily available, I'm sure it will become even more safe!

I wish we'd get Wawa here!

Yeah, we were totally nervous about parking there, but since we got the okay, we did, and no one ever said anything.

Green beans. Totally surprising. They were good, just not expected.

More coming in a minute!

Love the picture with the other Maura in Italy! Such a great interaction. Disney :tink: !

It was so much fun! It's one of the things I love so much about Disney. Stuff like that.

Alright. Day 8 of our trip, Day 4 at Disney. I was up at 7am to try and get the coveted sticky buns at Ale and Compass. The kids came with me to do a pin trade and the CM who helped us was from Milwaukee! And guess what? We got there early enough for sticky buns! We got 3 of those and a spinach feta egg pocket. It look like we also got a bottle of Diet Coke. Not sure why we didn't have our mugs with us? Anyway, pin trading done and sticky buns attained, we headed back to the room to eat before we headed out. If you're wondering, yes, the sticky buns were worth the wait. They were really good. I didn't get a picture, I'm sorry. The spinach and egg pocket was good too! Jason and I shared that and a sticky bun. I figured we should have something sort of healthy. 😆

We left BCV at 8:15. Our destination for today was Animal Kingdom! We wanted to get there right at rope drop so we could get onto FOP in case the line got really long. We were parked and at the AK entrance by 8:45. We took a few pictures while we were walking in.

We saw a PP near a cool Lion King backdrop, so we got in line for that.

Maura has Link with her, her banshee from our last trip. She decided he needed to visit his original home.

Then a few solo pics of Maura and Link.

You can see the enormous crowds that day behind the backdrop.

There was another PP right across the walkway, so we stopped for that one too. Because PP.

The sun was bright that day. Lucy managed to get her eyes open for this one, though.

And now a little magic!

And more magic! And you can see Lucy's Winnie the Pooh ears that she had purchased the night before.

The ropes were dropped and we started heading back to Pandora.

Hidden Mickey!

We didn't stop to look at any of the animals at Discovery Island yet, because we wanted to get to Pandora. Lucy did get a pic of the Tree of Life. There were PP there, but the lines were long, so we decided to skip them for now and we'd come back for those later. As you'll find out, it was a good idea we waited!

Jason got a panoramic of the area!

Pandora was getting close!

Usually you can go up to that flower and either make it light up or squirt water (I can't remember), but you couldn't do that this trip because, you know, Covid.

You can see the "please stand here" markings on the ground there. Sometimes the line for Flight of Passage went back that far, but not this day! We soon found the end of the line, which wasn't in the queue yet, but not too far. The wait time was posted as 55 minutes, but we had a feeling it wouldn't be that long. Again, the line looked really long, but because of spacing, wasn't really that bad. And we moved almost constantly. We did get some pictures while we waited, though.

Link was excited to be going back to his roots.

I think you can guess she took this one herself. Teenagers and their selfies, I tell you.

I love the detail in Pandora. It's so incredible.

I've heard this area looks amazing at night. We missed it at night again this trip because the hours were reduced. Because, you know, Covid! Hopefully next time!

Of course the one Jason took is the best. It really brings out the colors.

We were pretty much moving continuously the whole time. Soon we were inside.

(continued in next post)

We were getting ever closer to the loading area. This was all new to us too, as on our last trip, we had a FP+ for this ride, and you don't go through all of this cool stuff, so we were really enjoying seeing it all this time.

I imagine these are representative of what the outside part looks like at night.

Now all the weird science lab stuff.

You can see Jason's reflection of him taking this picture.

Yikes, a banshee skull!

I just love how detailed Disney always is about stuff like this. They didn't leave anything out. The desk even has a lucky cat on it.

We were almost there! I know it seems like we've been in line forever, but we were moving fast.

And then we were in the pre-show/loading area, where we have no pictures. So, how long was our 55 minute wait? It was 25 minutes. And most of that time was spent walking. We have no pictures of the ride, but trust me, it's pretty incredible. It's Maura's favorite ride and she was so glad to have ridden it again. So Covid, you made me mad at times, but thanks for the 25 minute wait on FOP! I bet we'll be able to ride it again this trip! If you haven't yet had the pleasure of riding FOP, I hope you get to.

Back outside, Jason thought this guy was cool.

And then we saw a Pandora PP so we stopped for a few pictures.

I love the mask Maura was wearing because it really looks like she's smiling. And yes, I'm wearing a Cubs mask. I'm a die hard fan thanks to my dad!

I guess you have to do lion claws for every PP in Animal Kingdom.

And the magic!

Hah! I love this one. Any chance to embarrass the kids is good!

We did stop in the Rookery briefly. That's where they sell the banshees. We were going to get one for my niece, and Maura was considering buying a second one with some of her money. We didn't get them yet though, because we would have had to carry them around all day. No resort package delivery this trip? Why you ask? Yep. Covid. We'd be back in this area later though for snacks. There was a particular desert that we needed to get.

The girls wanted to ride Dinosaur, so we started moving in that direction. We stopped for another photo on our way out of Pandora though. We couldn't stop before because we had to get in line for FOP!

We found this mural that they take PP by sometimes, and decided to take our own since none were that at the moment.

And then just up the way, lo and behold, what did we find? A PP. So, we stopped there. My family is so good at humoring me. But I know they secretly love stopping for PP.

Lion claws. I told you!

Life imitating art.

And then we were here.

We were about to go in, when one of the snack stands started calling the kids's names. We always like the Cheshire Cat Tail at Magic Kingdom at the Cheshire Cafe. That was closed this trip (you know, you know, Covid), but they saw a sign for a Tiger Tail, which looked like the same thing, but with different colored frosting. Well, they each needed one of those. Duh. Clearly the sticky bun at breakfast 2 hours earlier wasn't enough.

I posted that last picture on Facebook while we were there, and a friend of mine said "what is that, a turd?" :rotfl2:YEs, I regularly feed my children turds. No smart aleck, it's not a turd. It's delicious! And it was.

We had some friends stop by to see what we were eating and if we'd share. We wouldn't.

(continued in next post)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter