Disney Honeymoon Registry?

JennyHall

Princess in Training
Hi everyone,

I want to set up a Disney honeymoon registry. I think it is a super cool idea, and who knows maybe it will be a free honeymoon! My fiancé and I already have everything we need for our place so we are wanting to do the honeymoon registry instead! :cool1: I haven't heard anyone's personal experience with that site/registry. Any opinions, experiences, or stories about it? Did guests have a postive reaction to the site and have the process go smoothly? (I already know how to set one up and choose what I want.)

Thank you! :bride:

Actually there's a thread that can't be too far below that talks about that. It got a great deal of replies before it was moved to the wedding boards, mostly from people trashing the idea, lol. I personally don't hate the idea of some sort of honeymoon registry if it's used in addition to a traditional registry, but I believe the consensus on the Disney Honeymoon Registry is that they take 7% of the money (which is RIDICULOUS) and people recommended registering for Disney gift cards at Target in addition to having some items for people who didn't want to contribute to a honeymoon registry if they considered it tacky. In fact if you use a target credit card you get 5% off, which is AWESOME. Some brides got a nice chunk of Disney giftcards that way, and could use the $$ however they wanted!

I had originally set up a Disney Honeymoon Registry but decided I didn't like the 7% fee. I found the Honeymoon Pixie site. It's completely customizable including adding your own pictures and they already have Walt Disney World loaded in as a destination so you can start with that. Best part is it's completely fee free!

I had originally set up a Disney Honeymoon Registry but decided I didn't like the 7% fee. I found the Honeymoon Pixie site. It's completely customizable including adding your own pictures and they already have Walt Disney World loaded in as a destination so you can start with that. Best part is it's completely fee free!

Thank you so much! I looked into the site, set up an account, and now have a registry! Love the customization and it's free! :cool1: :banana:

I'm using Wanderable. It's free to set up, and they only charge a 5% fee. Well technically they charge 2.5% to you and 2.5% to your guests, but you can choose to pay the guest fee yourself. I went on the Disney Honeymoon Registry to get ideas of what to ask for, and then I added it to my Wanderable page.

I'm using Wanderable. It's free to set up, and they only charge a 5% fee. Well technically they charge 2.5% to you and 2.5% to your guests, but you can choose to pay the guest fee yourself. I went on the Disney Honeymoon Registry to get ideas of what to ask for, and then I added it to my Wanderable page.

Thank you! I will definitely check that out too!

Honeymoon Pixie also charges a 7% service fee. It's listed in the Terms of Use.

You're right! I had to dig to find that info after you mentioned it. They use the word free so often everywhere on the site I'd started to believe them. I do think I'll keep this one though - I just switched it so we paid the fee instead of our guests.

7% that seams like a lot IMO for stuff that people can just buy and basically send to you. They can also call disney, make a resevation, pay for it using their cc and then give the happy couple the confimation code to load into their "my disney experience." My DH and I are gifting them 4 nights a the beach club for their honeymoon and that was sooooo easy (call,make the resevation, give them the confimation number and then they load it in ... I plan to request some maps of the resort to put in their wedding card.)

I checked out the DFTW Honeymoon registry and as it turns out, not only is there a 7% fee couples pay but guests are charged 3% as well. It seems absolutely insane to me to have 10% of a gift deducted for basically a banking service. They hold your funds and you request a transfer of funds, that can be spent on anything- the gift that your guest intended or really anything else. The charge supposedly covers maintainence and web fees and so on. If it was 1 or 2 % that would seem logical, but they are already making money on you partaking in the inflated priced activities! No thanks! Plenty other registries are FREE and even offer incentives and discounts to couples.

I used it the only thing I didn't like was the day before our wedding it automatically deposited all the money into the bank account I attached to it. Was planning on keeping it in there a little longer since we weren't going on our honeymoon right after the wedding since we got married in disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter