Disney holiday with a newborn

I’m a baby wearer and have worn all three of mine year-round, on the gulf coast in Texas. I take both a stroller and a couple of carriers to Disney. You do need to watch that the baby doesn’t get overheated, but I use the carrier a ton. I would never go without a stroller too, though.
Hi
The heat worries me about the carrier, but I can also see benefits I.e. going for a walk around Disney springs in the evening.

I am aware ypu cant take strollers on rides, Should one worry about stroller theft in the parks? I

Sorry if this is unwanted advice, but my advice would be to postpone the trip until the baby is a little older. Is the mom going on the trip? If so I'd imagine she'd have a difficult time walking around Disney World all day and being comfortable at 2-3 months. With each of my pregnancies it took me 3 months to feel like myself again. Before that I was mostly stuck at home recovering and taking care of the baby, plus I had many doctor's appointments due to frequent infections post childbirth. The baby would also have to be healthy and fit to travel. It seems like a risky time to schedule a trip. You will also be exposing newborn baby to a lot of germs, and you will be spending most of the day feeding the baby, which can take a long time depending on the baby. Sorry to be a downer. I don't know if you have other kids, or how far away you would be coming from, but it just seems like a risky and difficult time to plan a Disney trip.
Hi thank you for ypur advice all is useful. This will be our first but child. A little concerned about the trip too. We have asked our drs and they dont seem worried yet. I guess we need to see how the pregnancy goes. But yes I take your point.

Hi
The heat worries me about the carrier, but I can also see benefits I.e. going for a walk around Disney springs in the evening.

I am aware ypu cant take strollers on rides, Should one worry about stroller theft in the parks? I

There are a handful of thefts but generally speaking they have been high end (1000+ dollars or more). They can get moved around by the stroller attendants, so they might not be in the same place you parked it.

We have seen the £1000+ strollers online too. Do people really spend that kind of money?!?!?

Thanks for the advice. Happy New year.

We always bring our stroller and don't worry about it. You could also rent a stroller from one of the stroller rental companies, but I'm not sure if they have any that infants can use. I've never looked into it.

Hi

Carriers are nice for lines and rides, too.

I always take our fairly easy expensive stroller and have never had a problem. I know it happens, but we’ve been lucky. Had I rented all these visits, it would have cost me a lot more than just replacing the stroller.

Sorry if this is unwanted advice, but my advice would be to postpone the trip until the baby is a little older. Is the mom going on the trip? If so I'd imagine she'd have a difficult time walking around Disney World all day and being comfortable at 2-3 months. With each of my pregnancies it took me 3 months to feel like myself again. Before that I was mostly stuck at home recovering and taking care of the baby, plus I had many doctor's appointments due to frequent infections post childbirth. The baby would also have to be healthy and fit to travel. It seems like a risky time to schedule a trip. You will also be exposing newborn baby to a lot of germs, and you will be spending most of the day feeding the baby, which can take a long time depending on the baby. Sorry to be a downer. I don't know if you have other kids, or how far away you would be coming from, but it just seems like a risky and difficult time to plan a Disney trip.

You have great points. We were going to put off our annual trip this year for the same reason but because of family circumstances we went. Our infant turned 7 weeks on this trip. It was different but not undoable. You are right that it all depends on the health of momma and baby. So much can happen between now and when the original poster actually gets going. I agree wholeheartedly about the number of germs that you can encounter, but plenty of hand washing and hand sanitizer can help.

hi all,

hope everyone have a fantastic Christmas.

a while to go baby arrives but got some questions, any help/advice would be great.
  • can you take a child seat on magical express and Disney transport travelling around Disney parks/resorts?
  • how do you sterilise baby bottles in a hotel?
  • what do you think of baby carriers instead of a strollers?
  • can you use you own car seat in an uber?
thanks.

soontobeplus1

On resort hotel buses, all strollers must be folded prior to boarding. Car seats are not required for transport on the magical express or resort buses. You would need to clarify with Disney about the use of a car seat on the magical express.

You can use your stroller in the open position while on the monorail.

We have never sterilized a bottle while on vacation. We do use presterilized bottle liners. We wash our bottle gear with hot water and soap using a bottle brush when we are at the hotel. We then pack everything we need for the day.

We were lucky with our recent 7 week old. She loves to be in a baby carrier (please know how to use it correctly for the size child and for the type of carrier. We saw many children being worn in what we believed to be improper). Our first kid was not a baby wearer in the slightest, and would scream bloody murder. It was strollers or bust. We had a stroller that had an attachment point for the car seat, though we never used it in the parks. We took an umbrella stroller that reclined this past trip, and only used it for 1 day, and even then, just barely. It is all up to what the kid can tolerate.

You can use a car seat in an uber, and you can even request an uber with a car seat. We tried to get a minivan one night, but they were out, the mears taxi nearest us luckily had a booster and an infant seat, so we made it home, but not for much less than the minnievan. We would have referred the Disney transport.

Hi thank you for ypur advice all is useful. This will be our first but child. A little concerned about the trip too. We have asked our drs and they dont seem worried yet. I guess we need to see how the pregnancy goes. But yes I take your point.

We traveled with a 6 week old back in the July 2015. We made adjustments, but still have fond memories of the trip. Finally bringing her back as a 4 year old this summer and can't wait. My advice would be to just plan as though you have an infant with you and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter