Disney Hilton Head?

orangemonster

Earning My Ears
Hi All.. hubby and I are planning a Southern States tour Sept/Oct. I am wondering if anyone has stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Resort? I have seen some negatives regarding beach access, pool and lack of restaurants. Would LOVE to hear some reviews! Also, is this a good time to visit? THANKS!

Personally I think Sept is a great time to go to HH. It's when I tradionally go.

I am not a fan of DVC there due to the location.....

We were there the last week of March and loved it:cool1: As soon as we have worked our way around all the DVC resorts, we'll be heading back. The area is beautiful, there are plenty of activities and the resort itself has a laid back and relaxed feel to it (at least when we went).

As for restaurants, sorry but can't be much help there. We did a lot of our own cooking (had a room in the main building near the grill:thumbsup2 ), although I know there are plenty nearby.

We were on the third floor of the main building looking out towards the marsh and it was beautiful.

Enjoy,

Do you have any favorite places to stay that can be recommended?

I generally just rent a villa from an owner via Resort Quest or Sea Pines. (My brother uses VRBO, but he goes for an entire week)

I have stayed at the Marriott and the Hilton and they were both nice and right on the beach, but they do tend to charge for that.

For a week stay if money wasn't an issue, I would try for Marriott's Grande Ocean Resort. Costly but beautiful!

Hi All.. hubby and I are planning a Southern States tour Sept/Oct. I am wondering if anyone has stayed at Disney's Hilton Head Resort? I have seen some negatives regarding beach access, pool and lack of restaurants. Would LOVE to hear some reviews! Also, is this a good time to visit? THANKS!

Stayed there last Sept for several days. We stayed during the week and it was not very crowded. Even got upgraded from a studio to a 2 br for no additional points. Beach and pool were fine. Only thing was the bar and pavilion was not opened at the pool. Never had a problem finding a good local restaurant.

We went for our first trip over New Year's week and the resort was beautiful. Our 2 bdrm was great. But the beach access really turned me off. I prefer VB. I like to open my door and hear the waves. I am glad I got to go to HHI, but not in a real hurry to return. :goodvibes

We were just in HH in July. As soon as we came back, we added on!!!

We liked how the resort is on the marsh, the low country. We also loved renting the bikes, and rode them to the beach every day. The beach is lovely, and we rented beach chairs and an umbrella. We are used to the rough seas here in Jersey, so we thoroughly enjoyed the long, expansive, gentle surf at HH.

Stay a few days and judge for yourself...is my best advice.
Diane

We've stayed in June. Direct beach access is by shuttle, as HH is on the marsh. The views and location are excellent, but not on the Beach. We are not beach-goers, except for view, so we were fine.

As for restaurants, anyone who said there weren't any, hasn't opened their eyes! There are at least 3 restaurants withing EASY walking distance. By easy, I mean across a little footbridge to offsite. These are closer than the food courts or restaurants at most WDW resorts. If you have a car, there are so many good places to eat, that decision making is very difficult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter