Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to make sure this wasn’t already discussed. I headed to my local Target to grab a couple of the $360 for $350 - 5% Disney Gift Cards I’ve been buying this summer. THEY ARE GONE!!! I drove to another Target. NONE. They had replaced the Disney cards with Ticket Voucher cards for WDW and I am sure they are higher than what I can get tickets from WDW.com for?!?!? I was loving that 7.64% off all summer. 😢. They still have $25/50/100 cards but that’s just 5%.

The Staples offer is good through 12/31, so it may make sense to hold off on using the offer right away. Last year, at the end of October and into November we saw gift card deals on Staples including for the happy cards. One strategy might be to buy a happy lady card and then use it in BBB in the 2nd half of December when they run their gift card rebates. They have run it for the last couple of years, but we will know for sure on December 1 when their December rebate calendar comes out. Either way, it is worth it to hold off a little on the Staples Amex offer. Once it is saved to your account, there is no need to rush as the offer isn't going anywhere.
I don't get why it's better to wait. I got $25 back for spending $100. if I waited and bought a "Happy" card, I would still get $25 back for spending $100. Plus, the Happy Lady cards don't work at my local BBB for gift cards. I swear, they get brownie points from management for catching someone using a Happy Lady card and I was told I was a thief the last time I tried. So, no Happy Lady for me. Happy Guy, maybe. The Home Depot is more laid back.

Last edited:
I don't get why it's better to wait. I got $25 back for spending $100. if I waited and bought a "Happy" card, I would still get $25 back for spending $100. Plus, the Happy Lady cards don't work at my local BBB for gift cards. I swear, they get brownie points from management for catching someone using a Happy Lady card and I was told I was a thief the last time I tried. So, no Happy Lady for me. Happy Guy, maybe. The Home Depot is more laid back.
If the Happy Lady cards don’t work at your BBB, then it’s not worth waiting. I think that @bbsearchlight was pointing out that BBB has a rebate for GC purchases every year. If you were to wait until the end of this month or into November to purchase Happy Lady GCs at Staples, you might see a deal pop up there. Then hold onto the HL GC until late December to take advantage of the rebate.

FWIW, I was just happy to get the 25% discount. I bought 2 $50 Disney GCs yesterday. I got the AmEx email within minutes of my purchase.

Did anyone else do the RMN 5% in store cash back from walmart or target last month? I made a $20 and $200 purchase at Walmart plus a $100 purchase at Target. Finally got an email yesterday (10 days later) from RMN saying the $20 purchase is tracking! They were all submitted on the same day so still waiting on the other 2.
I got an email that my Walmart receipt was accepted. I didn't make a huge purchase, but it's a nice little bonus since I paid with my free gift card for turning in car seats.

I think I just messed up.

I saw Raise had 10% off so I found Disney cards. I was going to get a $250 Disney. I accidentally closed out of the window and when I got back in I only saw $100 ones so I thought they were selling out that fast. I searched Disney, and picked one that only said Disney when the search popped up options.
I used my first purchase $10 off because I couldn't get the 10% off to work. Finished the transaction and got the confirmation email. It says it is for a Disney STORE gift card and that I can only use this for anything at Disney store online and do not combine with other gift cards.

Will I be able to use this to get a real gift card or am I out of luck?

I think I just messed up.

I saw Raise had 10% off so I found Disney cards. I was going to get a $250 Disney. I accidentally closed out of the window and when I got back in I only saw $100 ones so I thought they were selling out that fast. I searched Disney, and picked one that only said Disney when the search popped up options.
I used my first purchase $10 off because I couldn't get the 10% off to work. Finished the transaction and got the confirmation email. It says it is for a Disney STORE gift card and that I can only use this for anything at Disney store online and do not combine with other gift cards.

Will I be able to use this to get a real gift card or am I out of luck?
Out of luck. Disney Store gift cards are only valid at the Disney Store and do not work to purchase normal Disney gift cards there. There has to be someone on your Christmas list that would like some Disney merch...

Out of luck. Disney Store gift cards are only valid at the Disney Store and do not work to purchase normal Disney gift cards there. There has to be someone on your Christmas list that would like some Disney merch...

Our office collects toys for Christmas and the company donates $10 per toy to the local food bank. I collect money every time they have a big sale... I'll probably just buy more toys with the money.

I will be much more careful next time.

The Staples offer is good through 12/31, so it may make sense to hold off on using the offer right away. Last year, at the end of October and into November we saw gift card deals on Staples including for the happy cards. One strategy might be to buy a happy lady card and then use it in BBB in the 2nd half of December when they run their gift card rebates. They have run it for the last couple of years, but we will know for sure on December 1 when their December rebate calendar comes out. Either way, it is worth it to hold off a little on the Staples Amex offer. Once it is saved to your account, there is no need to rush as the offer isn't going anywhere.

Great advice

Meijer Mperks: $15 off $75 Shopping Purchase Expires 11/2
I believe this is specifically for Grocery & General Merchandise
Excludes clearance gift & entertaiment cards…. LINK

Meijer Mperks: $10 Off $150 Mastercard Giftcards Expires 10/12 LINK

Targeted
Citi: Spend on Amazon and Get $20 Bonus
(Various Offers Available)

Citi is sending out an email with a $20 spend bonus offer for Amazon. (Subject: “The best season just got up to $20 better”) Here are two variations of the offer being sent out:

Spend $120 and get a $20 statement credit
Get 5% back on Amazon purchases, up to $20 statement credit LINK

Be sure to read the fine print and comments. ::yes::

RMN tracked my Staples online purchase of only a DGC at 4%, hope it sticks!

(Used my $25 Amex staples offer online for a DGC since I need it in the next couple weeks and my Staples is out of them :( )

My staples hasn't had DGC for about 6-8mos now. I think I bought the last ones they had and they never seemed to re-stock :( Whenever I get Staples deals I've been buying other gift cards. But I'm trying to keep some DGC $$ stashed away for DVC dues and we've got this offer on 2 of our cards. Think I'll just order them online as well. I'm going to wait for a higher RMN offer though. I've always had them track so far (most of my online purchases have been for Visa or MC Giftcards when they do the fee free promos). So we'll see. Fingers crossed!

RMN tracked my Staples online purchase of only a DGC at 4%, hope it sticks!

(Used my $25 Amex staples offer online for a DGC since I need it in the next couple weeks and my Staples is out of them :( )

My RMN for Staples paid out for me this week. I had an 8% RMN plus the Chase offer. I don't like the 1.99 fee so I am not sure how often I will bother doing this deal.

I had a GC purchase through RMN from Sam’s Club that credited initially; but got reversed yesterday.

Just to clarify...did it get approved/pending or do you mean they actually deposited the $$ into your wallet and then took it back?

Approved/pending for almost a month, reversed before paid out.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry that got pulled back.

I just had $67.39 payout from RMN for Disney gift cards at Sam's Club. Just transferred that to my bank so hopefully they won't grab it back after they paid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!