Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought:

I was focusing on Disney GC as the end result of my churning. A while ago someone mentioned that ebay carries Hotel.com GC. That got me thinking. Today I investigated and Hotels.com had an 8% off promo code which did work on Disney hotels. Not sure if they offer promo codes regularly but if so this is a even better way to go. Assuming you are planning on doing a room-only reservation. Also you can go thru eBates (or your preferred portal) for a possible 3% cash back. (It excludes purchases made with giftcards but we all know that ebates exclusions don't always apply.)

This also got me thinking about other vacations my family is hoping to take. I spent a good amount of time searching hotels.com, thinking about non-Disney trips my churning funds can go to. (Universal, Great Wolf Lodge, ect)
You may have seen my posts, but I have used ebay GCs a few times now to buy hotels.com GCs. Really easy, and I'm really glad hotels.com has a feature to combine GCs, which makes it possible to pay your entire amount with GCs. Definitely go thru ebates for the cash back and they often have promo codes as well. The only drawback I can see is if you needed to cancel your trip, then you would be stuck with hotels.com GCs. I only used them for a few one night stays I needed and KNEW that I would not be cancelling.

There are a lot of possibilities for the churning end result. After my Disney trip in the fall I'll be saving for Sears GCs to buy a treadmill!

HOLY COW!!:scared1: I just went through my numbers since I started churning through eBay....WOW:faint:!

I've SPENT $396.94, which includes all of the shipping charges from GCM and the initial starting investment of $300 in Target cards, which I bought at a discount from Cardpool and Raise. I've gradually added $150 to the churn using FREE gift cards from Perk, Swagbucks and Target's FWP offers, and I also bought a $100 card using my eBucks. This is what I now have...
...$800 in Target gift cards...
...$100 Hyatt gift card...
...$132.45 in eBates...
...$139 in eBucks...

So I've invested $396.94 and I have acquired $1171.45 in gift cards and cash:cheer2:...that's a 66% savings:banana:!

:disrocks:

I bought over $600 of JCP gcs last week at Ebates when they had 15% & 18% cashback. I tried w/ $200 and when it actually posted I decided to got back for more.

This is a really great idea (to buy GCs for stores w/ Ebates flash sales)! I'm going to remember this for the future.

I just received a shipping notification from eBay. The message from the seller says...

"All packages are shipped using USPS Critical Mail. You will receive a tracking number from U.S. Post Office that will track your package to your delivery address. You should expect your order to arrive in 3-5 business days.

All orders of $250 or more require a signature upon delivery and cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box."

This is a relief...but since when does the post office obtain a signature?

I just received a shipping notification from eBay. The message from the seller says...

"All packages are shipped using USPS Critical Mail. You will receive a tracking number from U.S. Post Office that will track your package to your delivery address. You should expect your order to arrive in 3-5 business days.

All orders of $250 or more require a signature upon delivery and cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box."

This is a relief...but since when does the post office obtain a signature?
I got the same message on Tuesday when my GCM order from the previous day shipped. I know that Priority Mail can be sent with signature confirmation requested. I think that "critical mail" is just the business version.

But it's interesting to note the rest of the message that was contained in my shipping email:
All items sold are plastic gift cards. We are unable to email you the gift card number at this time, but look out for this great feature in the future.
This could make turn around time faster if we can get the GC numbers when they ship instead of waiting for UPS (or USPS) to find and deliver them. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

I got the same message on Tuesday when my GCM order from the previous day shipped. I know that Priority Mail can be sent with signature confirmation requested. I think that "critical mail" is just the business version.

But it's interesting to note the rest of the message that was contained in my shipping email:
All items sold are plastic gift cards. We are unable to email you the gift card number at this time, but look out for this great feature in the future.
This could make turn around time faster if we can get the GC numbers when they ship instead of waiting for UPS (or USPS) to find and deliver them. Just sayin' :rolleyes1

We would be UNSTOPPABLE.

Well except for pesky target trying to banish us for life and all.

Yeah, I saw that too...I bet they would go out of stock within a few hours, maybe even minutes during a bonus bucks promo. OTOH, we'd save money on shipping and it wouldn't matter if you got $50's or $150's.

I *REALLY* wish Target would bring back the app that allowed us to combine gift cards. I've combined them myself by using 4 small ones to buy a larger one, but I fear that they will flag/ban my account if I do it too frequently. It can be a PITA to get to the store to combine them because a lot of the associates at my store don't know how to do it. It's really not a big deal for me to do it myself, but I don't want to raise any red flags.

I'm really happy with my Target at this point. Buying ebay gc's with Target gc's was super super easy, even with a newish cashier, no questions or anything. When i split my order with gc's and redcard they just reminded no discount gc part, but I said I realized that. Plus, I combined gcm gc's (split into two days),and the few small ones I had from buy 2, get a $5 gc. Again, super easy, no questions or attitude. And bought Disney gc's the other day with gc's and again super easy. Plus, I planned to buy $850 in cards. Had counted my cards and thought I had $850. Then he said I had $150 in a gc left. I had actually looked online at target to check that card and another, and they said they were $50 on there. Turns out one was a $100, and one $150, So somehow I got another $150 in disney gc's than I expected that night, Yay! Of course, being able to buy online Disney gc's would be better, lol.

They are just clearing out inventory from their distribution center that they keep finding. I don't think we will ever see them back in stock in large quantities again.
Another possibility, and this is coming from over a decade of retail management experience in a former life, it's possible that the sku (product specific identifier) is close to end of life. They could be getting in a new design and as those old cards are discontinued their availability becomes much more scarce. For example every couple years we would have to switch out our Amazon, Xbox, or even our store gift cards and scrap out the old ones. They obviously weren't in as much demand so ours just got thrown away.

Another possibility, and this is coming from over a decade of retail management experience in a former life, it's possible that the sku (product specific identifier) is close to end of life. They could be getting in a new design and as those old cards are discontinued their availability becomes much more scarce. For example every couple years we would have to switch out our Amazon, Xbox, or even our store gift cards and scrap out the old ones. They obviously weren't in as much demand so ours just got thrown away.

That is what I am wondering because I grabbed a couple Disney cards at BJs the other day and they still had some of the old style ones there. I did manage to snag a couple of $50 ones from Target but haven't gotten them in the mail yet to see if they are the older style or not.
Of course I have no idea how new the new style is, its been a couple years since I paid for a trip with them.

ETA my Target cards from GCM ebay seem to be in shipping limbo. They left the PO 1.5 hours from me last night and the estimated day of arrival was today. I didnt get them, they haven't been scanned since last night and the estimated arrival date still says today.

I bought over $600 of JCP gcs last week at Ebates when they had 15% & 18% cashback. I tried w/ $200 and when it actually posted I decided to got back for more.

So you bought JCP gcs at JCP.com through ebates and got the ebates credit?

That sounds great, so I just want to make sure I"m understanding you correctly!

Thanks!

So you bought JCP gcs at JCP.com through ebates and got the ebates credit?

That sounds great, so I just want to make sure I"m understanding you correctly!

Thanks!
Yes. I made sure second order was for different amount($210) since they were only a few hours apart. The next day they had the 18% so I got $250 more.

Yeah, I saw that too...I bet they would go out of stock within a few hours, maybe even minutes during a bonus bucks promo. OTOH, we'd save money on shipping and it wouldn't matter if you got $50's or $150's.

I *REALLY* wish Target would bring back the app that allowed us to combine gift cards. I've combined them myself by using 4 small ones to buy a larger one, but I fear that they will flag/ban my account if I do it too frequently. It can be a PITA to get to the store to combine them because a lot of the associates at my store don't know how to do it. It's really not a big deal for me to do it myself, but I don't want to raise any red flags.
Doesn't GCM have a limit on how many cards can be bought, something like 25 in 10 days? If they offered e-cards but kept this rule the smaller denominations would be limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter