Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, no offer for me. I did churn my eBay $ for the Ebates 4% yesterday, so that's something. I am just hoping at praying this isn't the end of offers for me...

Just to add to some data.. I had $337 Ebay bucks. Received a ton of offers last quarter. Cashed in last week. Did not receive offer today.

So I thought I was being really sly and just ordered a $100 Barnes and Noble GC that was on sale for $88. I checked their terms and they say: "We reserve the right to prohibit the purchase of Gift Cards with other Gift Cards." so I got ahead of myself and purchased it, then realized they seem to only sell B&N giftcards... Oh well, at least I can use it... Oops.

I had $500 in ebucks, finally spent them to GS cards on Saturday, and finally got to spend DD25's $338 ebucks last night(argh, but wanted to do it on the phone with the paypal supervisor!). Don't know if that made any difference. I had been getting all the promos till the last one in March, but figured I didn't get it because I was at my limit of ebucks then. And that's when DD25 got her first one then, but now did not get this one. I'm hoping there's another one next week! This is really hard not getting the offer and having to wait to see if we get the next one, I have some good amount of cards to spend! Lol. But, trying to remember that at least I got my ebucks out and can spend it eventually!

I thought there was a limit of some sort to maximize the Ebucks?

The maximum eBay Bucks you can earn on a single transaction is $100; per quarter, per account is $500. For a 4x (8%) bonus like today, you'll hit $100 Bucks by spending $1,250 -- any more and you're leaving Bucks on the table because you can't earn any more Bucks for any amount over that. It then makes sense just to do another transaction if you've got more to spend/buy.

At 5x, you'll hit the [eta: per transaction] limit on Bucks by spending $1,000. At 3x, it's $1,666.66. At 2x, it's $2,500.

Last edited:
The maximum eBay Bucks you can earn on a single transaction is $100; per quarter, per account is $500. For a 4x (8%) bonus like today, you'll hit $100 Bucks by spending $1,250 -- any more and you're leaving Bucks on the table because you can't earn any more Bucks for any amount over that. It then makes sense just to do another transaction if you've got more to spend/buy.

At 5x, you'll hit the limit on Bucks by spending $1,000. At 3x, it's $1,666.66. At 2x, it's $2,500.
Thank you!

Have you tried using it from your phone? Just wondering if that was an option? My home printer is not working and I am not going into the office today. Would like to get a GS in today and will do Target and Best Buy tomorrow.
I tried it today with the cards I got yesterday, and it would not scan :( I had still printed them just in case and he used those to punch in the numbers like usual.

Thank you!

I should add that eBay does limit the amount of gift cards used to pay to $1,000. This is exclusive of eBay Bucks, and I believe coupons. I sold some items from spring cleaning so had a balance on my PayPal account to cover the amounts due over $1,000. If you're looking to churn with gift cards exclusively, and not put in new funds out-of-pocket, this is another limit you should consider.

Hmm, I wonder if I figured out part of my issue with DH's account letting me do a PPDG purchase. For some reason eventhough I had linked a bank account it is no longer linked. Well I guess I will try the linking process again.

And when I THOUGHT I found a PPDG workaround of adding in a small physical item....that didn't work. I ordered a $50 Target GC and like a $25 PPDG. The order went through and it never made me keep logging into paypal but when I look the PPDG card never went through. It acts like it was never even part of the order? Such a time waster!

Missed that one. Thanks. But that poster had a small amount of eBay bucks. I wonder if there's a threshold (pure speculation). It certainly seems like those still sitting on a lot of eBay bucks were excluded.

I have $300+ in bucks sitting there, and I did not receive the offer. I received all of them last quarter (or almost all), so perhaps you are correct that there is some type of threshold. Stinks to sit on the sidelines!

Chase's Ultimate Rewards no longer has Ebay shopping portal.

Darn! I really liked not having to wait 3 months for my cash back like you do through SB an ebates. I just used the portal on the 18th, so this must be really, really new.

Wow! That is some crazy volume. Puts my spending in perspective as small potatoes. $3,750 in 10 days if they're $150's... I would just wait out till you can spend. Only thing I can think of is buying used GCs and that is not something I would take a chance on.

Lol, no they were not all $150s. I got nervous when GCM started selling out of all the higher volume cards and did a couple orders with lower ones. However I am in the process of cashing out $5k in eBay cards for our trip in less than a month, so it is still a lot of volume.

So I got to one of the Gamestops right when they opened. There was just one person working. I grabbed 3 eBay cards, asked him to put $300 on each card and asked to sign up for the free version of the rewards program. He didn't bat an eyelash and started working on the transaction. While he was hand typing all 9 of the $100 digital gift card codes into the computer, we chatted about Overwatch (upcoming game from Blizzard). Got my cards and headed to the office.

Man, am I ever relieved. I will not be doing this again. It's just too dependent on who is working that day/time and if they start to better train employees on this "policy" then you really could be stuck with these gift cards.

The guy who rang me up today was probably the same person that I spoke with on the phone yesterday morning that said I could buy whatever I wanted with gift cards. Last night all of the stores were really busy and it seemed that each store had a senior manager working. The newer employees were happy to run the transaction until the senior manager type told them it wasn't allowed. So basically, this could work if you find someone less experienced, but I don't want to base my vacation savings on that.

Now if I had only gotten that 4x offer today. :P

Glad you got that worked out. It is such a relief to have them all converted after all that stress. We had the same experience last week with my mom's GS cards and it was crazy stressful. Luckily some posters here helped me confirm that other stores were still doing it, so we kept going until we found one. I want so badly to order some physical GS to get ebucks, but don't know if I can go through all that again with my own money.

I just spoke with my closest GameStop and the guy said that they can only allow physical gift cards for gift card purchases. You can use egift cards for products, but not more digital money. He said there has been a lot of fraud with the digital cards, so they are really cracking down on this.

We did have digital when we were getting shot down at some stores. I'm really thinking about trying a physical one. Does anyone know if you just slide a gift card through the machine or if you have to hand it to the cashier to key in?

Can some remind me the limit on Target cards through GCM? I can't find it and my 1st time over $1000. Is it $1000 per order or per day? Thanks!
The limits are $100 ebucks earned and $1,000 eBay GCs redeemed per transaction. That last one may or may not be strictly enforced. Apparently GCM does have a limit of 25 cards per 10 days, so don't go crazy on the $50s lol.

If you have eBay bucks & didn't get the offer, are you planning to wait & hope for another offer or are you going to go ahead & use them?

If Gamestop is out of the ebay gift cards is there a way to get them? I thought I rememered someone mentioning doing it on their phone. I tried searching but I can't find it.

I'm hoping for a repeat of last month for myself.

3/21 - signed up for ebay bucks.
3/23 - 4X offer (didn't receive)
3/29 - 5X offer (did receive)
4/20 - 4X offer (didn't receive)
??

I'm going to hold the rest of my bucks for another week. I'm in no rush, although feeling left out of the fun today :)

If you have eBay bucks & didn't get the offer, are you planning to wait & hope for another offer or are you going to go ahead & use them?

I used mine to buy Ebay gift cards at the suggestion of a wonderful poster on this thread. That way, I cashed them in without having to worry about them expiring. And it's a digital GC, so no need to wait for it to come in the mail.

I used mine to buy Ebay gift cards at the suggestion of a wonderful poster on this thread. That way, I cashed them in without having to worry about them expiring. And it's a digital GC, so no need to wait for it to come in the mail.

Did you have problems with PPDG doing it? I wanted to do that by don't want any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter