Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep and nothing has changed. We all post deals that we see here and we work as a team to instruct others. Why should there be a new thread discussing the same thing and/or called the same thing? :confused3
No, I was saying you are replying to the original post. Someone accidentally quoted post #1 and then left there message blank, probably on accident considering the amount of messages the account has.
No one is suggesting that we start a new thread.

I do like those discounted virtual visas at 13% off, so sometimes I'll wait a month so I can get another.
This is why I have my "stockpile" of SB:thumbsup2. When I am planning a trip, I keep track of how many months I have until I leave and then I multiply that by 2175. On the first of each month, I redeem 2175 for my $25 Virtual Visa and use it to buy a $25 Disney gift card. I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of how many SB I need to have in my account at any given time in relation to how close I am to my next trip. For example, we leave for our next trip on October 17 so I have 6 more times that I can redeem for the discounted Visa. My spreadsheet shows that I need to have at least 13,050 SB in my account in order to do that. Since I have 14,600, I look at it as if I have about 1,550 "available" to me right now. The rest is "spent". As I accumulate extra SB in $25 increments, I cash it out directly to PayPal.

This may not be the best place to comment, but I just received the Southwest notification email that my flight rewards are about to expire. I always drive to WDW since we are only 7 hrs. away and a family of 4. My rewards are from business trips I take for work on occasion. I discovered today that Disney gift cards can be purchased with southwest rewards (scored $75), so if you're like me and have too few points to use for the whole family, or even a flight for yourself don't let the points expire and not use them. I think I will check on the option for my hotel reward programs too - there may be other ways to redeem points.

Another thing you can do is keep your points active by making an online purchase through Southwest's shopping portal. It's really easy to do, and no specific dollar amount is required. We do this all the time on several airline websites when points come close to expiring. :) You must go to the airline's website first, log in, go to their rewards page, then go to their shopping portal, then click on whichever store you want to make an online purchase from. We typically buy from WalMart or Target and choose the "pick up in store" option to save on shipping. Easy peasy!

The deal just posted today and I just ordered one so it hasn't gone to pending yet. I may not know for a few days.

I was wondering how long this normally takes to show as pending? I did this yesterday, stacking with a amex 10% offer so not too bad if it doesn't work but would be a nice savings I'd it does. I tried a $100 dgc. Got the email from amex right away.

Last edited:
Do you also get shop bonus at BB for buying online? I purchased the airpods and they are on the weekly ad. I do see the shop pending but no bonus yet. Also I used a reward cert on it since i can't use them on my gift cards and made a rookie mistake. The subtotal ended up being 99.99. I was worried about making sure it was on the weekly ad that i didn't check the total.
D'oh, that sux, wish you could get a do over. Been there, was buying a washing machine and used our rewards cert. If I'd have been paying attention I'd have have thrown on a GC or something to keep us over $500 subtotal but alas I saw the total was over and thought we were good. Very disappointed (in myself) when I got the shop pending.

If they were in the weekly ad you should get the bonus, I've seen at least one post where it worked. If not, at least you have a legit purchase to put a ticket in. :teeth:

So yesterday I bought a disney store giftcard, then used it to buy a disney giftcard. I thought it was nice cause you can buy them for up to 10% off. My only problem now is the remainder all the giftcards were odd amounts probably store returns. So I think I'm going to have to go to the store add them up then buy a last giftcard... but hey it worked just a little more work.

Has anyone bought Disney gift cards from Lowe's with a Chase Freedom this quarter (since home improvement is included)? If so, did it earn 5X?

Has anyone bought Disney gift cards from Lowe's with a Chase Freedom this quarter (since home improvement is included)? If so, did it earn 5X?

I did the other day, but it's still pending. I'll try to check on it over the next couple of days. Also hoping to get the 10% cash back from Chase offers. :) I bought $110 Disney and $5 worth of caulk. Not because I thought having a filler item on there was necessary, I legit need to do some caulking.

I did the other day, but it's still pending. I'll try to check on it over the next couple of days. Also hoping to get the 10% cash back from Chase offers. :) I bought $110 Disney and $5 worth of caulk. Not because I thought having a filler item on there was necessary, I legit need to do some caulking.
I keep hearing about these Chase Offers, and I swear I don't get/have any, which bums me out. I've been a Chase cardholder for 26 years, they could toss a girl an offer! Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

So yesterday I bought a disney store giftcard, then used it to buy a disney giftcard. I thought it was nice cause you can buy them for up to 10% off. My only problem now is the remainder all the giftcards were odd amounts probably store returns. So I think I'm going to have to go to the store add them up then buy a last giftcard... but hey it worked just a little more work.
Wow, I'm surprised they allow that. You paid for a Disney gift card at your store with a store-only gift card?

I was wondering how long this normally takes to show as pending? I did this yesterday, stacking with a amex 10% offer so not too bad if it doesn't work but would be a nice savings I'd it does. I tried a $100 dgc. Got the email from amex right away.
I just received the email from RMN of my Staples purchase pending. Credit of $8.16 pending until June 11.

This may not be the best place to comment, but I just received the Southwest notification email that my flight rewards are about to expire. I always drive to WDW since we are only 7 hrs. away and a family of 4. My rewards are from business trips I take for work on occasion. I discovered today that Disney gift cards can be purchased with southwest rewards (scored $75), so if you're like me and have too few points to use for the whole family, or even a flight for yourself don't let the points expire and not use them. I think I will check on the option for my hotel reward programs too - there may be other ways to redeem points.

We also don't accumulate enough points to buy flights with so thanks for the tip to exchange them for Disney GCs! I didn't realize that was even an option.

I keep hearing about these Chase Offers, and I swear I don't get/have any, which bums me out. I've been a Chase cardholder for 26 years, they could toss a girl an offer! Maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Have you looked in the mobile app? They're starting to roll out the offers on desktop now (either intentionally or accidentally) but it's very much not widespread and officially the offers are still only available through the app, the Chase Pay app (but can only see for cards available in Chase Pay) or when they send you an email (which I don't get often and not for all cards).

Get the Chase app and/or Chase Mobile Pay app. For Chase app, scroll all the way to the bottom to find the offers section. For mobile pay it's right on the home screen. I've found different offers in each app.

Do any of y'all sell gift cards? I have a ton of target card saved up some only $5 others $100 but I can't get other gift cards for them and I really don't shop there. I was just wondering if any of y'all do that or is it better to buy products and to resell? Most of the gift cards are ones I've gotten for free so most anything in return is a gain I just want to try and get the most I can.

On the first of each month, I redeem 2175 for my $25 Virtual Visa and use it to buy a $25 Disney gift card.
Can you use the visa on shopdisney & do you get an actual Disney gift card or is it in an email? Dumb question, I know, but it has been awhile since I cashed out on myp or sb.

Are gift cards considered third-party purchases at Staples? I have a 10% Chase Offer and I’m wondering if it’s worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter