• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic...but still GC related.

Anyone have experience using Landry's gift cards + rewards card?

At Sam's (online) you can get $100 + $20 reward card for $90 (at Morton's which can be used at Rainforest and Yak & Yeti).

At checkout, fine print says..."Reward Card: Must be used with a minimum $50 food and/or beverage purchase. Limit one card per table."

We would want to use all $120 at once, anyone know if I can pay with GC's and this "bonus reward" card?
I'm planning to try on Sunday... It was the $75 GCs + $15 reward card deal.

I'm planning to try on Sunday... It was the $75 GCs + $15 reward card deal.

Thx for the reply! Maybe someone else has had experience in the past and can share. My Sister's family is headed down Friday so she was trying to decide whether or not to buy one now for their trip.

Thx for the reply! Maybe someone else has had experience in the past and can share. My Sister's family is headed down Friday so she was trying to decide whether or not to buy one now for their trip.
Ha! I was like oh look, I will find this out for someone! :rotfl: Jk we'd probably be trying the same day

Ha! I was like oh look, I will find this out for someone! :rotfl: Jk we'd probably be trying the same day

I'd still like to know if no one else replies. We're headed down May 8th, so I have a little longer I can wait to order :) I was about to buy some Disney GC's on Sam's with a WM GC I had and thought I'd check the prices on Landry's stuff because we always end up at Y&Y.

So I finally used my Stop & Shop gas points at Shell this weekend...The gas was a whopping 32 cents more expensive than the gas station 300 feet down the road. I know in some areas the gas is around the same, but here in NJ I don't know why anyone would ever go into a Shell station.

Do you remember how it credited? Is like the normal cash back where you can click on the transaction and see how much cash back you got? Like, it does with the 5% categories? It's posted but it's not showing 10% cash back, only the standard 1%.

Chase offers are literally cash back, as in a statement credit and not UR points. It takes a little time for some to post, but you'll be looking for a statement credit. The nice thing about it is the statement credit doesn't reduce your UR points earning so you earn the full 1% on the charge amount. (But not quite as nice as if it was earning extra UR points) In the meanwhile you can usually check under "redeemed and expired" offers to see if the offer tracked. For multiple use ones it probably doesn't move to redeemed until you max it out but otherwise it's a quicker way to verify that you will be getting the credit (eventually...)

Slightly off topic...but still GC related.

Anyone have experience using Landry's gift cards + rewards card?

At Sam's (online) you can get $100 + $20 reward card for $90 (at Morton's which can be used at Rainforest and Yak & Yeti).

At checkout, fine print says..."Reward Card: Must be used with a minimum $50 food and/or beverage purchase. Limit one card per table."

We would want to use all $120 at once, anyone know if I can pay with GC's and this "bonus reward" card?

Yes we did that a couple years ago and it was no problem.

So I finally used my Stop & Shop gas points at Shell this weekend...The gas was a whopping 32 cents more expensive than the gas station 300 feet down the road. I know in some areas the gas is around the same, but here in NJ I don't know why anyone would ever go into a Shell station.

Weird. Well, NJ has always been a little different with gas. Around me in NY, the Shell stations have dropped in price where they're in line with the other name brands. I stock up on Shell GCs when I can get deals on them (like at BB), so I get to pay cash price.

Got the $5 Dosh credit by buying a $45 Sam's gift card. Too bad the offer says "one time only."
Was this in the store? I tried a $45 order online thinking that maybe, just maybe, it would work, but it didn't.

I thought that maybe we could start a thread where everyone can post the deals that they are finding on Disney gift cards. I have not seen any in my area, but I would love to know if there are any around. Please post where you live, the store, and what the deal is. I know the Target 5% is the big one, but I know that some grocery stores have some too.

Thanks! This should help everyone to save a little extra :thumbsup2

A few times a year Chase Freedom's credit card offers an additional 5% cash back on all warehouse stores (Sams, Costco, etc). When they offer this I buy multiple packs of their $50 gift cards (as it's the denomination with the greatest discount). Stacking these discounts helped me to save almost 8%! I then used Disney's site to combine the cards onto one card to easily carry with me at the parks. It's a bit tedious to enter all the numbers, but was worth it for the discount.

Planning on my first trip to Disney World and was looking to see if anyone else had success getting Disney Gift Cards using credit card points outside of the Disney credit card. My MIL told me that United, Delta, and Southwest did but was wondering if anyone else had success?
It's not a huge earner, but I have the TD Bank Cash card that I use to get Disney gift cards directly with points. The card earns 3% on dining, 2% at grocery stores, and 1% on everything else. I use it for dining, save up the points, and then redeem them for Disney gift cards when I have enough. I believe they can be redeemed for $50 or $100.

I just got the email from BJs offering me the discount on large purchases. Very excited to purchase $2500 worth for my upcoming cruise. Any suggestions on how I can save even more, other than the discount by using my CC and getting rewards on the purchase? I looked at RMN that everyone talks about, but that appears to be additional coupons and I don't know if that will work in conjunction with the additional discount I am getting.

I just got the email from BJs offering me the discount on large purchases. Very excited to purchase $2500 worth for my upcoming cruise. Any suggestions on how I can save even more, other than the discount by using my CC and getting rewards on the purchase? I looked at RMN that everyone talks about, but that appears to be additional coupons and I don't know if that will work in conjunction with the additional discount I am getting.
If you don't mind telling us, what was the discount you were offered? I'm going to need $5000 for a trip in Dec., I was thinking of calling them since I never get these awesome emails! It'w weird, I have the online membership, and for the last 4 years the only thing I've ordered is thousands of dollars worth of Disney GC.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter