Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a question about Dosh. It says you have to have at least $25 with them to cash out. However you can only cash out to PayPal for $20 max. So am I perpetually stuck with $5 in my account?

You can cash out for more than $20 to paypal. I just sent $64 a few days ago.

You can cash out for more than $20 to paypal. I just sent $64 a few days ago.
That’s really strange. I had $25 and change in my account and options to redeem for 5, 10 or 20. There wasn’t an option to select more than one or to type in an amount.

That’s really strange. I had $25 and change in my account and options to redeem for 5, 10 or 20. There wasn’t an option to select more than one or to type in an amount.

Are you selecting "transfer"? Once I do that, I get a keypad where I can type in the amount I want.

Can someone explain the dosh/uber credit thing with Sam's purchases?

Dosh is a cash back app that works on in store purchases at Sam's. Right now, they are offering 5% cash back with a max of $20 back. You must add your credit card in the Dosh app before making a purchase.

The Uber credit only works when you use a Visa. On the Uber app, its called "Visa Local offers." First you add a Visa to your Uber account. Then you must opt in for Visa Local offers. For some reason, I don't see Sam's on my local offers page, but I think its because I live too far away. However, when I spend in store, I do get the Uber credit. Apparently you need to add a "filler" item for this to work.

So for example, DH used his Freedom yesterday to buy a $394 MasterCard gift card (which has a $4.94 fee) + a grocery item. This put his total purchase right around $400. He got the $20 Dosh cash back + the $20 Uber credit + the 5x on Freedom. We are using it to buy Mastercards right now, but many are buying Disney cards. Or of course, its still a good deal when buying groceries.

Hope that helps!

They get run as a credit card, so as long as your BB&B accepts credit for the GCs you should be good. And yep, math is correct :) The downside is only $50 Happy cards so you need 10 and have to wait for shipping. But if you can't do better than 16.66% in the time you have left, this seems easy.

Do you have a store in the Safeway network nearby? You could get one at 10% discount to try it before putting the large order in. I'm pretty confident in it, so I'd risk it, but I don't have first hand experience to give you on this one yet.

Can any of the Happy cards be used online to purchase Disney gift cards? We don't have any of the stores listed within an hour but I need to stock up for our upcoming trip :)

Ah ha, finally got my Acme app to refresh and it's got the Happy coupons now. 7.50 (15%) off Happy Kid (Buy buy Baby) and Happy Teen (Barnes & Noble), only 10% for Happy Guy (HD) and Happy Lady (Bed Bath). Wonder if the Buy Buy Baby would work at Bed Bath, I don't have one of those close by.

I can confirm that the Happy Kid with Buy Buy Baby works at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I purchased a $25 Disney gift card plus a few other items I needed. When i swiped the card, it asked if it was Debit or Credit. I chose Credit and it processed without any problems.

This turns out to be a pretty good deal. 15% off the purchase price of the card at Safeway, plus 6% cashback on the balance using my Amex Blue Cash Preferred card, plus 2X in Safeway rewards works out to a nice savings. I plan to get more of these before the Safeway deal ends on the 16th. i'm also intrigued by the Happy Beauty card on Gift Card Mall since it includes LA Fitness. Getting the 20% more on three of the $50 cards would give me the $180 I need to renew my gym membership for another year.

Dosh is a cash back app that works on in store purchases at Sam's. Right now, they are offering 5% cash back with a max of $20 back. You must add your credit card in the Dosh app before making a purchase.

The Uber credit only works when you use a Visa. On the Uber app, its called "Visa Local offers." First you add a Visa to your Uber account. Then you must opt in for Visa Local offers. For some reason, I don't see Sam's on my local offers page, but I think its because I live too far away. However, when I spend in store, I do get the Uber credit. Apparently you need to add a "filler" item for this to work.

So for example, DH used his Freedom yesterday to buy a $394 MasterCard gift card (which has a $4.94 fee) + a grocery item. This put his total purchase right around $400. He got the $20 Dosh cash back + the $20 Uber credit + the 5x on Freedom. We are using it to buy Mastercards right now, but many are buying Disney cards. Or of course, its still a good deal when buying groceries.

Hope that helps!
Wait so you get the Sam’s uber offer and it’s not shown on your account? I live like 3 miles away from one and don’t see it on mine. Going to try and hopefully I get lucky like you. Now I’m mad that I didn’t take advantage of the deal when it was 20% back at Dosh. Hopefully they have it again soon.

Hello everyone. I have been a lurker here for several months and would like to thank all of your for all your help. It has made saving for Disney easier! I have a question that just dawned on me the other day. Can I use swagbucks QR code when buying other giftcards besides Disney at Best Buy and get the SB? Saw they had many useful gifts cards...thank you all again

Hello everyone. I have been a lurker here for several months and would like to thank all of your for all your help. It has made saving for Disney easier! I have a question that just dawned on me the other day. Can I use swagbucks QR code when buying other giftcards besides Disney at Best Buy and get the SB? Saw they had many useful gifts cards...thank you all again
Yep. I’ve bought amazon, Nordstrom, macy’s, White Housw Black Market, etc.

Yeah I’ve bought Nike and EBay a few times.

I can confirm that the Happy Kid with Buy Buy Baby works at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I purchased a $25 Disney gift card plus a few other items I needed. When i swiped the card, it asked if it was Debit or Credit. I chose Credit and it processed without any problems.

Did you hapen to notice the denominations of Disney gift cards while you were there?

This turns out to be a pretty good deal. 15% off the purchase price of the card at Safeway, plus 6% cashback on the balance using my Amex Blue Cash Preferred card, plus 2X in Safeway rewards works out to a nice savings. I plan to get more of these before the Safeway deal ends on the 16th. i'm also intrigued by the Happy Beauty card on Gift Card Mall since it includes LA Fitness. Getting the 20% more on three of the $50 cards would give me the $180 I need to renew my gym membership for another year.
Awesome, thanks! I was thinking about picking that up this weekend for the points to try it out. Worse case for me I use it at the Regal. With fuel points and CC points I'd be close to 20%. Great to hear it'll work either way :)

Did you hapen to notice the denominations of Disney gift cards while you were there?

Yes, they had both $25 and $50.

Awesome, thanks! I was thinking about picking that up this weekend for the points to try it out. Worse case for me I use it at the Regal. With fuel points and CC points I'd be close to 20%. Great to hear it'll work either way :)

Regal was my backup plan in case it didn't work.

It may depend on your store, but mine generally carry 25 and 50. But some sites with a smaller GC display may only have 25. And not all have the Giftcard Mall display at all. I have a smaller store nearby without any :(

Has anyone tried the Happy cards at a retailer not listed on the front? Wondering as it codes as a Visa if it will work anywhere.

Can any of the Happy cards be used online to purchase Disney gift cards? We don't have any of the stores listed within an hour but I need to stock up for our upcoming trip :)

Offhand I don't think so, the store would have to sell Disney GC through the website and I don't know of any of these that do that.

Has anyone tried the Happy cards at a retailer not listed on the front? Wondering as it codes as a Visa if it will work anywhere.

I was wondering about that too. There is around $7 left on my Happy Kid card. I thought I could give it a try with a small purchase elsewhere, maybe someplace with self checkout.

Hope that helps!

Yes, thx! I had the dosh part but had missed how to get the uber credit. Which honestly, not sure if i still understand. How much are we supposed to get for that? I did figure out how to link my visa card(s) but like you mentioned Sam's didnt show.

I did do the dosh deal with our freedom cards today. Went to a Sam's i don't normally go to. They had the $50 GCs. We both got our notifications from dosh very quickly. I had referred DH but no referral credit and he doesn't show under pending referrals. Referred my sister, got a notification and referral credit instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter