Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to try the Best Buy deal this week. A few quick questions. Do I need to refresh my phone after buying the first 50 gift card and get a different qr. code or can I scan the same one? Also can you buy any amount in the Disney gift cards or are they certain dollar increments like $20?
Yes, get a new QR code for each $50 gc you buy.
It has to be total $50 for 500 SB plus the 2% shop SB. So will not get the 500SB for just a $25 card, you'd need two $25 gc. If you are going to buy $100, or say $500 equal to a fully loadable card, etc, buy in $50 increments to get the most you can get. If you were to buy a single $100 disney gc, or even a $500 loadable, you'll only get the one 500 SB. So be sure to buy in 50's, so two 50's if you want $100 in gc's, or ten $50 gc's if you wanted $500 in disney gc's for example, with a new fresh QR code for each.

I am going to try the Best Buy deal this week. A few quick questions. Do I need to refresh my phone after buying the first 50 gift card and get a different qr. code or can I scan the same one? Also can you buy any amount in the Disney gift cards or are they certain dollar increments like $20?
The Previous Poster summed it up perfectly but I wanted to add that on my last 3 visits I was limited to 3 cards. The first time the store let me buy as many as I wanted but the other store and later the same store restricted it to 3.

Ok apparently I’m stupid so some one check that I’ve got this right.

I can go to Best Buy, buy 1500 dollars (30 $50 gift cards) worth of beat buy gift cards with my chase freedom using chase pay in store. Perhaps I do this over several weeks, like 3 a week this quarter. This gets me 7500ur.

Then another day I go back to Best Buy, and use 3 $50 gc to buy 3 $50 disney gc. I use a swag bucks code for each of them getting me 600 sb per gift card. This gets me 18,000sb, or a total of $200 more in Best Buy gift cards. So it’s like 13% off plus 7500 UR points.

I can go to Best Buy, buy 1500 dollars (30 $50 gift cards) worth of beat buy gift cards with my chase freedom using chase pay in store. Perhaps I do this over several weeks, like 3 a week this quarter. This gets me 7500ur.

Then another day I go back to Best Buy, and use 3 $50 gc to buy 3 $50 disney gc. I use a swag bucks code for each of them getting me 600 sb per gift card. This gets me 18,000sb, or a total of $200 more in Best Buy gift cards. So it’s like 13% off plus 7500 UR points.

Seems ok to me. Two things, you are of course using your best buy member rewards account to purchase the BB gift cards to get the points there too and you don't have to buy the BB gift cards in $50 increments (unless that helps you mentally with the strategy). You can buy larger gift cards and just use them until the balance is depleted. So if you only wanted to spend $150 a week, say, just get a $150 BB gift card and then use that later on 3 $50 Disney GC transactions.

In order to get the Chase Pay bonus, do you have to purchase BB gift cards? If not, I would just use Chase Pay to buy Disney gift cards in store. Just do the separate $50 transactions and scan a new qr code each time. In your scenario buying BB gift cards would unnecessary. The only reason most of us are using the BB gift cards is because we got them discounted around 10% so we can stack the savings.

In order to get the Chase Pay bonus, do you have to purchase BB gift cards? If not, I would just use Chase Pay to buy Disney gift cards in store. Just do the separate $50 transactions and scan a new qr code each time. In your scenario buying BB gift cards would unnecessary. The only reason most of us are using the BB gift cards is because we got them discounted around 10% so we can stack the savings.
Where and how does one buy a discounted Best Buy gift card?

Also for the Swagbucks thing I would still need to purchase disney gc in 50 dollar increments correct?

Also for the Swagbucks thing I would still need to purchase disney gc in 50 dollar increments correct?
Kroger (fuel points) or the cash star deal when they run it.

Yes if you want to maximize cash back from ibotta.

Best Buy deal is still live. Went on Thursday and bought a $50 gc using two $25 Best Buy gcs (Swagbucks and iBotta). Got the shop and earn email on Saturday. The 500 sb credited today.

I used my BB cards bought through the Kroger deal and just got the sb credit also today! I joined sb after reading about the deal on here. So glad I did. Paid $270 for $300 in cards plus I got 3,000 sb. I’m watching the Kroger page like a hawk to see if BB is in stock again.
My store had no issue with me checking out 6 times in a row.

I used my BB cards bought through the Kroger deal and just got the sb credit also today! I joined sb after reading about the deal on here. So glad I did. Paid $270 for $300 in cards plus I got 3,000 sb. I’m watching the Kroger page like a hawk to see if BB is in stock again.
My store had no issue with me checking out 6 times in a row.

After this week I'll have $300 in Disney gc with only $120 out of pocket. Cannot beat that savings!

Good point! I've been so used to figuring out how to use the BB to get other GC's it didn't occur to me Jax should just buy the Disney GC when I responded earlier.:lmao:

To maximize the Swagbucks deal you would want to buy in $50 increments since the promo is for purchases of $50 or more.
For discounts, I've been cashing out SB into Best Buy gift cards. I also bought a Best Buy GC when Acme had a 10x fuel rewards coupon, if I subtract the fuel savings from that amount I got a 19% discount. Best Buy will do some gift card promo's where you buy $150 eGC and get a $15 savings code to use on a future purchase (really it's another eGC but with an expiration date), that will net you 9% discount. And then other random sales pop up like the Kroger one last week, I think eBay had one the week before, stuff like that.

You could make this even better (I think) by also breaking your first purchase into $50 increments and use the SB QR code. We know the QR credits when buying Disney GCs, not sure if you can get the 500 SB for paying cash for BB GCs, but might be worth a try. If it works, that could give you 18,000 more SBs. With the possible 3 GC per purchase limit that would take longer, but might be worth it if you have time.

You could make this even better (I think) by also breaking your first purchase into $50 increments and use the SB QR code. We know the QR credits when buying Disney GCs, not sure if you can get the 500 SB for paying cash for BB GCs, but might be worth a try. If it works, that could give you 18,000 more SBs. With the possible 3 GC per purchase limit that would take longer, but might be worth it if you have time.

Has anyone tried to buy a Best Buy gift card through the SB portal and got the cashback for it? The terms say the bonus is only for cashback eligible items of which gift cards are excluded, but if the filler option or something works to get around that it might work.

I've only done 2 purchases through SB that had a store gift card included. One at Walmart where it was smart enough to give me CB for my item and ignored the value of the GC (i.e. $55 purchase: CB on the $5 item only, nothing for the $50 Walmart GC), the other was Target where I expected it to do the same but got the full value, GC included. (that was a nice surprise but i'm not expecting it to work like that every time) So it could go either way unless someone's tried it already and knows for sure.

Yeah that’s a good idea. I’ll give it a shot with one Best Buy gc. I have 2. Best Buy’s within close driving distance to me and my trip isn’t until August.

@Jax1023, I'm thinking the limit of (3) transactions per visit is just that stores policy. I think only one person reported that. I know I've done 6-7 transactions two different times, no problems and no mention of a limit. I would try to go during a non-busy time of day.

Best Buy deal is still live. Went on Thursday and bought a $50 gc using two $25 Best Buy gcs (Swagbucks and iBotta). Got the shop and earn email on Saturday. The 500 sb credited today.

This is what I'm seeing online after I sign in:
upload_2018-4-3_15-31-7.png

isn't this a better deal opposed to 500SB? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter