Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who purchased an email gift card used it in store yet? Did you print it, scan from phone, or add it to your Target account? I'm wondering if it will give me the same goofy access code issues as my ones from swagbucks (which came today, of course).

Yes, I knew it was incorrect. If they hadn't of laid the cards back down, I was just going to finish with what I was doing, got some more and gone through a register :)
Just amazes me what store managers try to get away with. On Facebook last night on the Target page they responded that store managers are not allowed to deviate from corporate policy. If anyone runs into this I would reach out to Target corporate and file a complaint.

Has anyone who purchased an email gift card used it in store yet? Did you print it, scan from phone, or add it to your Target account? I'm wondering if it will give me the same goofy access code issues as my ones from swagbucks (which came today, of course).

Yes. I added it to my account and scanned from the app, very easy.

Yes. I added it to my account and scanned from the app, very easy.
Thanks. I'm stopping on the way home from work today. I added those plus my physcial ones into my account online, plus my two from swagbucks. My physical ones and Swagbucks ones both came up saying shopping in store? Get an access code! But the email ones were fine. I would have expected the email ones to need an access code, not the physical ones.

You really should keep up with this thread. Many like @Lain have posted AMAZING deals through Best Buy and other sites. I've saved so much!

Wow, thank you! But I don't deserve any special mention. When I see a Disney-related deal, I post it if it hasn't already been posted. Same with so many other people here. You've posted so many useful comments as well, and this thread is full of immensely and tirelessly helpful folks. Thank you, all!

Cue panic: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-target-deactivate-gift-cards-purchased-promo-abuse/

Best of luck all, if you have Target $$$ might want to flip out of it asap. No reports of deactivation yet though!

It happened last year. Although it works, you are not allowed to pay for Target GCs with a Target GC. So last year and probably this year as well, they'll siphon the funds from the new cards but never add the funds back to the old cards and you'll be out of the money.

It happened last year. Although it works, you are not allowed to pay for Target GCs with a Target GC. So last year and probably this year as well, they'll siphon the funds from the new cards but never add the funds back to the old cards and you'll be out of the money.

So this is only an issue for situations where a Target GC was used to purchase other target GCs.? Disney GCs purchased with a Target GC are ok?

4 targets and $1600 in Disney gift cards!

Target 1- $600 at self checkout. The woman there stopped me and told me I couldn’t pay with a gift card. I told her I wanted to try it because it might work. She said no and called a manager. That manager said it’s fine. Didn’t want to draw anymore attention so went to another store.

Target 2- $300- no gift card purchase at self checkout, which was too bad. It was a huge self checkout with only one person watching. I could have finished up my cards there! Went through a normal line, picking the youngest looking employee (she even had a new team member sticker on). No issues at all

Target 3- $500- self checkout. Nobody said anything. Would have bought more but they were out

Target 4- $200 + some groceries- self checkout. I had an old merchandise credit gift card that cannot be used to buy any gift cards (I didn’t have the receipt and returned an old item). The woman at self checkout helped override the system to allow me to use it. I think because I had the groceries she didn’t think of it as a gift card purchase

I just grabbed a few Disney cards off the rack when I went in to buy the Target GCs. I was afraid they might not have any left and I will go back and purchase the cards tomorrow I figured they weren't activated so it was ok to grab a few and then bring them back.

Used self checkout successfully at my Target & bought Disney with my Target gift cards and even used some $5 promo cards from a shopping trip earlier this morning (was gonna spend my gift cards overtime but the rumor mill got me to speed that timeline up).
ETA: and someone in town wiped out the $100s and a good chunk of the 50s- I got what I wanted in 50s but all those other cards were there yesterday!

I just converted $900 of target to Disney using self-checkout. $300 then $600 transactions. $600 had been purchased in store, $300 online, all using the same credit card. They should be safe now? Just in case, I'm going to transfer them to a different Disney gift card when I get home.

I've got another $300 target card I had sent to my husbands email using a different account online and a different credit card, but same name on credit card and same billing address. He's at work and can't check his phone to forward me the email! I should have made him do it last night.

Cue panic: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-target-deactivate-gift-cards-purchased-promo-abuse/

Best of luck all, if you have Target $$$ might want to flip out of it asap. No reports of deactivation yet though!

This is what I've been saying to @ScrapYap

"A similar thing happened last year where Target drained some gift cards for people who ‘rolled’ Target gift cards. We don’t know yet whether this time the deactivations will occur only on ‘rolled’ purchases; my gut tells me it’ll be a bit more broad this time. Even then, it’ll probably only affect those who did multiple online purchases from a single billing address or perhaps those who did more than $300-worth on a single credit card."

Someone here did post the original article many pages back and I couldn't find it. Glad I am not in this boat. I thought I read it was extremely difficult to get your money back.

EDIT: What am I saying, I am in this boat!

Last edited:

This is exactly how I purchased mine via Kroger 4x fuel points. I better NOT get hit! I think I see a trip to Target tonight and then transferring the Disney GC's onto another card.

EDIT: Awe man! I just put my pj's on!

Last edited:
This is exactly how I purchased mine via Kroger 4x fuel points. I better NOT get hit! I think I see a trip to Target tonight and then transferring the Disney GC's onto another card.

EDIT: Awe man! I just put my pj's on!
It is not true that you are not allowed to buy target gift cards with target gift cards. That is only the case online and is not even possible. The rumor says they are going after people who made multiple purchases using the same credit card. It is not related to buying gift cards with gift cards.

Kroger shoppers—are you getting 4x fuel points on fixed value visa and mc cards? I’m only getting 2x.

i'm way behind on reading this forum but am going to answer this anyway. in oregon, fred meyer (kroger), does not give 4x fuel points on visa, mc, or ax unless there is a seperate promotion specifically for those cards. other parts of the country, other krogers, do.

i'm way behind on reading this forum but am going to answer this anyway. in oregon, fred meyer (kroger), does not give 4x fuel points on visa, mc, or ax unless there is a seperate promotion specifically for those cards. other parts of the country, other krogers, do.
Yes. We used to in Central VA but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore:(

Question - I spent the afternoon loading and consolidating my Disney GCs onto disneygiftcard.com. I've got 3 $1000 GCs on there, and a smaller GC leftover from a prior trip. Is it recommended to leave them listed on disneygiftcard.com, or should I delete them all now that I'm done consolidating them? I didn't know if having them "registered" might help if I were to lose them or something like that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter