Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sams Club is the same as always. I don't think I have ever seen them offer any extra deals on them. I checked when they did the early black Friday deals last week. Nope. But I did get some Landry gift cards really cheap to use at T-Rex or Yak Yeti. :)

I really, really appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread, but I wish there was a way to easily see the best current deals on Disney gift cards without going through several pages of posts. Would y'all mind critiquing my strategy? I need to purchase ~$2500 of Disney gift cards -$1000 by early December, then $1500 more before March.

I think my best deal for gift cards currently is to purchase variable load cards in store at Best Buy with American Express $25 off $250 promo (I have this on 4 cards), with possible 1% back via ebates, and while earning Best Buy rewards points.

I think my best deal in January will be through BJ's or Sam's Club - 4% off, plus 10% back from new DiscoverIt card, plus possible shopping portal rebate.

Do you have any ideas that could make this better?

I really, really appreciate everyone's contributions to this thread, but I wish there was a way to easily see the best current deals on Disney gift cards without going through several pages of posts. Would y'all mind critiquing my strategy? I need to purchase ~$2500 of Disney gift cards -$1000 by early December, then $1500 more before March.

I think my best deal for gift cards currently is to purchase variable load cards in store at Best Buy with American Express $25 off $250 promo (I have this on 4 cards), with possible 1% back via ebates, and while earning Best Buy rewards points.

I think my best deal in January will be through BJ's or Sam's Club - 4% off, plus 10% back from new DiscoverIt card, plus possible shopping portal rebate.

My only additional idea: If you have a Meijer near you, use the $10 back on $100 GC mPerk in combination with your DiscoverIt card 10% back. Good luck!

I've been buying in store and getting 3% back from ibotta.

I also got 3% back at iBotta at Best Buy.

Was perusing the Target Black Friday ad and saw this...
dwa_p34_a_20171123

20% off one shopping trip between Nov. 28 - Dec. 10*
When you spend $50 or more storewide on Friday Nov. 24 only!
*Your $50 purchase must be made in a single transaction in stores on 11/24/17 between 12:01am local time and store close, or online 11/24/17 starting at midnight PST until 11:59 pm PST. Qualifying online guests will receive coupon via email on 11/25/17. Target reserves the right to cancel coupon if the online order is cancelled. The $50 qualifying purchase will be calculated after all other discounts are applied. CVS pharmacy, clinic and Target Optical are excluded from qualification. Limit one 20% off coupon per guest. Some exclusions apply; see coupon for details.

Of course, there won't be a coupon to refer to the details until you actually make a qualifying purchase. Think there may be a way this could be used for Disney Gift Cards?

Was perusing the Target Black Friday ad and saw this...
dwa_p34_a_20171123

20% off one shopping trip between Nov. 28 - Dec. 10*
When you spend $50 or more storewide on Friday Nov. 24 only!
*Your $50 purchase must be made in a single transaction in stores on 11/24/17 between 12:01am local time and store close, or online 11/24/17 starting at midnight PST until 11:59 pm PST. Qualifying online guests will receive coupon via email on 11/25/17. Target reserves the right to cancel coupon if the online order is cancelled. The $50 qualifying purchase will be calculated after all other discounts are applied. CVS pharmacy, clinic and Target Optical are excluded from qualification. Limit one 20% off coupon per guest. Some exclusions apply; see coupon for details.

Of course, there won't be a coupon to refer to the details until you actually make a qualifying purchase. Think there may be a way this could be used for Disney Gift Cards?
LAst year I bought a $50 gift card with a gift card to get the coupon. Hope that works.

I was going to go to Best Buy soon to pick up some disney cards but it looks like the Ibotta deal is gone.

Is the flat discount for Best Buy a regular deal? Might it still come up again this year?

We covered this less than 20 posts ago. https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-gift-card-deals.2941964/page-1446#post-58482790

Um, Supersnoop you have 10,205 posts. ilvdznee has 68...play nice in the sandbox!

I can't quite figure out how to ask this without sounding snarky, but what is the appropriate number of posts to have to ask somebody to at least take a little effort before asking a question - like clicking back one page?

To people that have been reading this thread for awhile, we're fine with sharing a lot of knowledge we've acquired over the years about the best way to buy Disney GCs at a discount. And if you read all the nearly 1,500 pages of this thread, you'll realize there's been a lot of ways to do this and some of them very complicated and risky, but also very rewarding. It takes effort to stay current on all the ways that work and all the ways that used to work that don't any more. So if the people who do take that time and effort to share their knowledge with us all ask that somebody new click back a page or two before asking, I don't think that's such a mean thing to request.

There is a new Amex offer for Office Depot/Max - Spend $50 get $10 back. Looks like they sell their gift cards online via Gift Card Mall. When buying online, will it code as Gift Card Mall or Office Depot/Max for Amex offer purposes? I suspect the former. Anyone know for sure? The offer is good in store as well, but I'm lazy and want to work from my sofa! TIA!

I can't quite figure out how to ask this without sounding snarky, but what is the appropriate number of posts to have to ask somebody to at least take a little effort before asking a question - like clicking back one page?
I have to agree. I haven't posted much lately but I've been on this thread since the beginning. Sharing is important, but it does erk me when folks come in and say "ok spell out for me exactly what I should do to save the most possible money". It's not like that. These threads are about being resourceful and pioneering some new ideas, not simply repeating a process. So one should try to use these threads as a way to research ideas that might fit within your own life. To get any meaningful benefit, that research will naturally involve reading more than the current page.

Last edited:

To people that have been reading this thread for awhile, we're fine with sharing a lot of knowledge we've acquired over the years about the best way to buy Disney GCs at a discount. And if you read all the nearly 1,500 pages of this thread, you'll realize there's been a lot of ways to do this and some of them very complicated and risky, but also very rewarding. It takes effort to stay current on all the ways that work and all the ways that used to work that don't any more. So if the people who do take that time and effort to share their knowledge with us all ask that somebody new click back a page or two before asking, I don't think that's such a mean thing to request.

I have to agree. I haven't posted much lately but I've been on this thread since the beginning. Sharing is important, but it does erk me when folks come in and say "ok spell out for me exactly what I should do to save the most possible money". It's not like that. These threads are about being resourceful and pioneering some new ideas, not simply repeating a process. So one should try to use these threads as a way to research ideas that might fit within your own life. To get any meaningful benefit, that research will naturally involve reading more than the current page.
A person that is relatively new to using this site & these forums may be completely overwhelmed with the amount of information available & not as savvy at using the site or computer technology in general. They may also not have endless access to a computer/internet/wifi & are looking for something very specific, very quickly. People also have very different capacities for reading & processing information. I don't believe the person I originally quoted was very welcoming with the response they offered that newbie.

A person that is relatively new to using this site & these forums may be completely overwhelmed with the amount of information available & not as savvy at using the site or computer technology in general. They may also not have endless access to a computer/internet/wifi & are looking for something very specific, very quickly. People also have very different capacities for reading & processing information. I don't believe the person I originally quoted was very welcoming with the response they offered that newbie.
Relatively new? They’ve been a member since 2008. And I pointed to the answer. And we had another member (since 2014) who asked the same question again on the same page. How often should we be answering the same questions?

The "newbie" you are referring to has been a member since early 2008.

I don't feel that the PP's answer was unwelcoming. It's easier to provide a link to a previous discussion than it is to rehash what has already been said. Not everyone has time for warm, fuzzy answers. Some people prefer to stick to facts instead.

If you feel that the poster's response was out of line, then report it and let the moderators deal with it. No need to detail a thread.

Relatively new? They’ve been a member since 2008. And I pointed to the answer. And we had another member (since 2014) who asked the same question again on the same page. How often should we be answering the same questions?[/QUOTE
The "newbie" you are referring to has been a member since early 2008.

I don't feel that the PP's answer was unwelcoming. It's easier to provide a link to a previous discussion than it is to rehash what has already been said. Not everyone has time for warm, fuzzy answers. Some people prefer to stick to facts instead.

If you feel that the poster's response was out of line, then report it and let the moderators deal with it. No need to detail a thread.

I was speaking as to the number of times they have posted vs when they joined. You don't need to agree with me. I thought the answer was cold & curt, how it was said vs the content.
Everyone should have time for kindness, facts can be delivered in a kind way.

Last edited:
I was speaking as to the number of times they have posted vs when they joined. You don't need to agree with me. I thought the answer was cold & curt, how it was said vs the content.
Everyone should have time for kindness, facts can be delivered in a kind way.
You're correct. I do not agree with you. You are reading intent into the PP's response. IMO, it was precise and to the point in answering the question. There was nothing unkind about saying "we just talked about this and you can find the discussion here <insert link>"

But again, you are derailing this thread. If you have a problem with Snoop, then take it to the moderators and let them decide if the response was in some way out of line or PM Snoop and hash it out there.

And to get back on topic, do the rest of you remember the iBotta Days 20% back offer for Target .com? Well, I had ordered a $100 Disney GC (physical, not electronic) and I used my Target card for the 5% discount. I never got a confirmation from iBotta and I figured that it was a nice try but wasn't going to credit. Imagine my confusion and surprise when I got a notification on Friday that I had $19.00 pending from Target .com! It won't be in my account for another 80 days but it was still "happy dance"-worthy. So, that GC was obtained with a 24% discount. :banana:

You're correct. I do not agree with you. You are reading intent into the PP's response. IMO, it was precise and to the point in answering the question. There was nothing unkind about saying "we just talked about this and you can find the discussion here <insert link>"

But again, you are derailing this thread. If you have a problem with Snoop, then take it to the moderators and let them decide if the response was in some way out of line or PM Snoop and hash it out there.

And to get back on topic, do the rest of you remember the iBotta Days 20% back offer for Target .com? Well, I had ordered a $100 Disney GC (physical, not electronic) and I used my Target card for the 5% discount. I never got a confirmation from iBotta and I figured that it was a nice try but wasn't going to credit. Imagine my confusion and surprise when I got a notification on Friday that I had $19.00 pending from Target .com! It won't be in my account for another 80 days but it was still "happy dance"-worthy. So, that GC was obtained with a 24% discount. :banana:

Congratulations! That is a great deal:thumbsup2
Someone else posted it about it on Friday 11/17
So, I used Ibotta to buy a $100 Disney E-gift card on target.com for $95 with my red card when Ibotta was doing the 20% cash back.

I figured it wouldn't work, but I just got an alert that my purchase was processed and I have $19.00 cashback pending for the purchase! :yay: I have to wait 80 days for it to come out of pending, but whatever,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter