Disney Gift Card Deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wanna be Ariel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. dbavis

dbavis ???

1. You can still get the 5% on Target.com. I purchased some this way in December.
    2. A lot of folks have reported success purchasing Disney gift cards in store using Target gift cards while some others have encountered issues. There was a lot of activity around Christmas when Target sold Target gift cards for 1 day @ 10% off. I don't see any reason that the source of the Target gift card would matter unless it ends up being stolen, drained, or compromised in some other way. If you're going to take this approach, do it knowing that there is some amount of risk that you may end up with Target gift cards that you cannot flip for Disney cards.
    3. Correct. In store, you can't apply the 5% to any purchase that is going to be covered with a gift card, regardless of the source of the gift card.

2. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

Yes only in store for GC to GC . GC to GC transaction is still allowed per the system but some had trouble with employees not allowing it. You can only use one discount either discounted GC or red card there is no double dipping in store.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. cindianne320

cindianne320 DIS Veteran

And you can't use a Target gift card to buy a Disney gift card on Target.com. Your order will be cancelled.

5. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

Thank you!

6. kleph

kleph Earning My Ears

i'm looking into ways to optimize the use of gift cards for juggling the finances of the planned WDW trip. is it possible for two people to share a card using the disney gift card management portal? i.e. can one person put money on a gift card via the portal and a second person withdraw/use those funds via their portal?

7. dbavis

dbavis ???

I'm not aware of any way to use the gift card funds through the web site. The site is pretty much limited to purchasing cards and combining cards. I think the only option for using the card is to have it physically in your possession.

8. MrInfinity

MrInfinity DIS Veteran

I guess I don't see anything preventing you from doing this... if you have a GC, you could put funds onto it by having it on your email profile, and combine another card to it. Someone else with access to the same physical gift card could spend its funds via the Disney site or other means of spending from a gift card like calling member services and buying tickets. Aside from a husband and wife situation tho I can't really see much use for this. It sounds messy and unnecessary. I wouldn't share gift cards across friends or extended family.

9. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

If it is something like your parents want to contribute towards your trip, I would just have them email you the card info after they buy it and then add it to your account yourself.

MinMou likes this.
  10. Revf

Revf disney fanatic

this thread is dying. Discounts on Disney GC are getting more difficult to find.

Target 5%, Sam's 5%.

cindianne320 and MrInfinity like this.
  11. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

Which is exactly why we need this thread!

Rite Aid/Plenti
    Amex Offers
    Kroger fuel points

These are still working. Not always, but opportunities do pop up now and then.

wendow, Minniekins, mich311e and 4 others like this.
  12. MinMou

MinMou DIS Veteran

pillow hit the nail on the head. The thread is not dying, but some ways to get discounts have died. But if ANYTHING turns up, this is where I find out.

I am hoping my HEB has 20% off entertainment park card coupons again this year! Last year, the coupons came out in the spring when the local waterparks open, and I'm sure that this is what they were intended for. The coupons didn't say they were not for Disney, and several of us took advantage of that. I didn't have money budgeted for that, but I was able to pick up one card. This year I am better prepared, so it may not happen, but I am guessing something else will.

Minniekins, anricat and Texans_loyal like this.
  13. ellie05

ellie05 DIS Veteran

Extra 5% at Sam's or BJ when paying with discover.

14. momto4obkids

momto4obkids DIS Veteran

CardCash.com has an extra 4% off Target gift cards with code GOALS right now. I've placed a few orders with them over the last year with no issues.

Though I don't think I could bring myself to buy one of the $1000 cards from them! Too chicken,lol

I got a few of the $15 gift cards at 3.65% off and then another 4%, not too bad these days.

It took about 4 minutes to get them in my email after I ordered.

MinMou likes this.
  15. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

Forgive me for being ignorant, HEB?

16. PerfessorZ

PerfessorZ DIS Veteran

I believe it's a regional grocery store chain.

MamaBelle4 likes this.
  17. anricat

anricat DIS Veteran

It's a grocery chain local to Texas. If you're a Texan, you very likely shop at HEB.

Texans_loyal and MamaBelle4 like this.
  18. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

Nope, Pennsylvanian. No wonder I didn't know. Thanks to both who answered :)

19. kleph

kleph Earning My Ears

if i am trying to transfer gift card funds to someone in another state to use in their DVA, for example. it would appear the only way to do it is buy the cards at Target for the discount and send them without combining them.

I'm in Texas so this is VERY relevant to my interests.

MinMou likes this.
  20. bbsearchlight

bbsearchlight Mouseketeer

If you have the American Express Simply cash card, check for the 20% back at Sam's club (Originally, it was only available on the Starwoods but they have now added it onto the Simply Cash). I had it on both my card and on my 2 authorized user cards. You can get 20% cash back at Sam's Club on up to $1250 (maximum $250 cash back). That means you can buy Disney Gift Cards at 25% off at Sam's club. Since I got it on 3 of my cards, I can buy $3750 of Disney gift cards and get 25% off. The offer is only good in store, thru 1/31, and you must spend a minimum of $100 at a time.

jodim and CyndiLouWho like this.
  21. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

Ugh. Neither of my cards has this offer