Disney Genie announcement

there is a possibility that you are seeing nothing available in November because they are moving around guests from other resorts because of possibly delaying reopening (that’s the rumor with many people getting upgraded out of ASMusic for their trips in the next few months. It appears that most if not all hotels are not available for booking until the middle of December. Whether or not they are in fact delaying reopening some resorts or they are just overly booked is yet to be known.

I think I recall recent upgrades from Pop to CBR. Would Music guests really receive an upgrade if opening gets delayed into Dec., as rumored? Aren't Movies, Pop, AoA open (a lot of Value still open)? I guess Pop/AoA would be considered an upgrade since it's a little more expensive and much more popular because of skyliner. Is it possible they just refund you and not upgrade or not a lot of precedence for that?

I think I recall recent upgrades from Pop to CBR. Would Music guests really receive an upgrade if opening gets delayed into Dec., as rumored? Aren't Movies, Pop, AoA open (a lot of Value still open)? I guess Pop/AoA would be considered an upgrade since it's a little more expensive and much more popular because of skyliner. Is it possible they just refund you and not upgrade or not a lot of precedence for that?
I got a call yesterday for my ASMusic stay in mid October, wanting to move me to CBR. I was cancelling it anyway, so I told her to go ahead and do that, but the calls are going out for Music.

Over the past few days there have been several posts on these forums of people being upgraded from Music to AOA or CBR. Most have reservations in September and October. At the moment, none of the value resorts (or any resorts for that matter) seem to have openings until mid December.

Last edited:
I haven't read all 91 pages, so perhaps this has already been answered . . . but . . . if anyone knows the answer to this:

If I have G+ and I use it to get in the LL for HM (I just picked that at random), then after I ride HM can I make another G+ LL for HM? Or is it one LL per ride per day only?

Likewise, can I use both IAS picks for the same ride?

Thanks if anyone knows the answer to these pressing problems!

The deluxe EMH2 are something, but I hope to see more.

I would and have given advice to stay off site when the perks have all been taken.
100%

Deluxe hours are nice, but the leaving out of HS and AK isn't great.

Off-site is more room, cheaper price and everything else (for the most part) is the same price (tickets, Genie, food, souvenirs, etc).

I haven't read all 91 pages, so perhaps this has already been answered . . . but . . . if anyone knows the answer to this:

If I have G+ and I use it to get in the LL for HM (I just picked that at random), then after I ride HM can I make another G+ LL for HM? Or is it one LL per ride per day only?

Thanks if anyone knows the answer to these pressing problems!
IAS can't be for the same ride on the same day. I haven't seen G+ addressed, but it was never limited to one a day with any of the other FP/MP iterations, so I'm assuming you can do that

I haven't seen a restriction for this in any of the announcements.

I believe you can only purchase each ride once, per day.

100%

Deluxe hours are nice, but the leaving out of HS and AK isn't great.

Off-site is more room, cheaper price and everything else (for the most part) is the same price (tickets, Genie, food, souvenirs, etc).

The EMH have been on Monday and Wednesday nights. Utterly useless for someone doing a Thursday to Sunday trip.

The EMH have been on Monday and Wednesday nights. Utterly useless for someone doing a Thursday to Sunday trip.

They aren't adding them for our convenience, they're adding them to entice people to book Deluxe. Thurs-Sun is most likely a much more popular trip span so of course they'd put them at the front end of the week. We'll just make sure we book for that time frame to get them both- most likely a Wed. thru Wed. to catch the MK twice.

I got a call yesterday for my ASMusic stay in mid October, wanting to move me to CBR. I was cancelling it anyway, so I told her to go ahead and do that, but the calls are going out for Music.
That's awesome! So we're currently double booked for Music, from disney (which only allowed us pay for 1 night) and from Orbitz (6 nights, same dates). Didn't cancel Disney because I was hoping to upgrade to AP and potentially see about a discount. But since Orbitz was a bit cheaper maybe I need to hurry up and cancel the Disney booking, just not sure there are any issues with Orbitz being a 3rd party booking?

Would be cool to be offered CBR, I haven't stayed there.

Last edited:
Over the past few days there have been several posts on these forums of people being upgraded from Music to AOA or CBR. Most have reservations in September and October. At the moment, none of the value resorts (or any resorts for that matter) seem to have openings until mid December.
Yes, it's definitely been slim pickings. We only picked up Music that first am it became available, wanted SD or Pop. We're 1st week of Nov., so bit longer before any relocation, if it happens. Yesterday, we looked, as we do periodically, and there wasn't anything available at all, even Deluxe for our stay.

To (hopefully) answer multiple questions, I think this is how it will work (although there was some mention of potential tweaks before launch, so take it with a grain of salt until it's officially released). If you are on onsite guest, you can do the following at 7am: join Virtual Queues, make your first Genie+ reservation, make an LL$ reservation. Offsite guests can join Virtual Queues at 7am, but they cannot make Genie+ or LL$ reservations until they physically enter a theme park. Expanding: Genie+ and LL$ will be separate. You can take advantage of one, both, or neither. You can only make a maximum of two LL$ reservations per day. It's possible you will be able to make both LL$ reservations at the same time at 7am, but that wasn't entirely clear. There are no limits to the number of Genie+ reservations you can make each day. However, you will only be able to make one Genie+ reservation at a time. It's possible that you will ultimately be able to hold more than one Genie+ reservation if the system works like DL's MaxPass did (when making a MaxPass, a notification popped up that you would be able to make another one either after scanning in for your current MaxPass reservation or at "x time"...and sometimes "x time" was sooner than your current MaxPass reservation window). That part wasn't clear though.

So here's what I'm thinking a day at MK could possibly look like for an onsite guest.

7am: Make Genie+ reservation for BTMR with a 9:30am-10:30am return window. Purchase LL$ for 7DMT with a 10:30am-11:30am window.
8:30am: Enter MK for Early Entry (assuming the park opens at 9am). Ride Space standby.
8:50am?: Ride PP standby.
9:00am: First offsite guests coming into the park and making first Genie+ reservation (onsite already has done 2 attractions).
9:15am-10:15am (this is generous ~ might not take this long): Off PP. Ride 1-2 attractions standby.
9:30am: Make second Genie+ reservation if new window has opened and stacking is allowed.
10:15am: Ride BTMR with Genie+.
10:30am: Ride second Genie+ attraction if stacking was allowed, then make another. If stacking isn't allowed, make second Genie+.
11:00am: Ride 7DMT with LL$.
11:15am: Spend the next few hours doing "Anytime Attractions" like PhilharMagic/Monsters Inc/HoP/CoP, lunch, working in Genie+ ressies.

That would mean on onsite guest could potentially do 7-8 popular attractions in less than 3 hours. It would free up the afternoon for pool time, Park Hopping, exploring MK leisurely, etc. If a guest doesn't want to do LL$, there would be ways to work around that too. Of course, we'll have to see exactly how this all pans out. But this is one potential plan I came up with while I was taking notes during the training yesterday.
The thing is…I could do all this in three hours without buying the Genie or IAS in the “before times.” And without early entry.

It's probably like that on purpose. It's easier for Disney to fill rooms on a weekend then early weekdays.
And the Mon. & Wed. late hours encourages a week long stay too. At least MK was 1 of the 2, probably so that it's not entirely useless. EP, though, is already the late park, with less ride attractions (not counting the several little shows, things at the Seas), and encourages more dining/F&W spending. While a lot of people would have liked HS as a choice, I think even AK would have been nice since it closes earlier, and it's been a while since we've seen Pandora at night, riden EE, Kali, Safari in the dark.

They aren't adding them for our convenience, they're adding them to entice people to book Deluxe. Thurs-Sun is most likely a much more popular trip span so of course they'd put them at the front end of the week. We'll just make sure we book for that time frame to get them both- most likely a Wed. thru Wed. to catch the MK twice.

Your flights may be a bit cheaper too, if flying.

Unless you are like us and Wednesday is your travel day. We don't have AP and buy the military tickets so we don't go to the parks on travel days, so sadly we will miss out on both the MK days. Which is a bummer, but whatever, just the way it is this time around but I'm disappointed regardless. :( I also agree that to me late extra hours at Epcot aren't really very valuable.

Unless you are like us and Wednesday is your travel day. We don't have AP and buy the military tickets so we don't go to the parks on travel days, so sadly we will miss out on both the MK days. Which is a bummer, but whatever, just the way it is this time around but I'm disappointed regardless. :( I also agree that to me late extra hours at Epcot aren't really very valuable.

No doubt, it won't work for everyone, nothing ever does. But I understand why they set the days when they did. We normally have AP's but didn't activate them because we knew we weren't returning after our July trip for a good long time- paying for length of stay tickets was painful, but made no sense to waste the AP's. At least you do get the military discount!

So, room rates are less for Thursday-Sunday nights, right?

No doubt, it won't work for everyone, nothing ever does. But I understand why they set the days when they did. We normally have AP's but didn't activate them because we knew we weren't returning after our July trip for a good long time- paying for length of stay tickets was painful, but made no sense to waste the AP's. At least you do get the military discount!

Oh absolutely! We are thrilled that we get it and equally so that we can stay at Shades of Green and be included in the perks of the added hours. Although they've not yet announced if they are renewing the discounted park tickets yet for 2022, so still crossing our fingers on that one. Like I said, I understand why they did it, just wished we could take advantage. But maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter