Disney Gearing up for Summer

Holy Cow! When I lived in Tallahassee (7 years ago) my car insurance (1995 Lexus ES 300) was $660 a year. It jumped up to $1300 a year when I moved to Miami, and I thought it couldn't possibly be any higher. I now pay about $2100 a year for both my car AND my wife's. I'll stop complaining about that right now.

Meanest people? Miami is a pretty darn hostile place, as well.

New Jersey is known throughout the country to have the highest auto insurance rates. Insurance companies do not want to go there because of the insurance regulatory and tort claim environment.

Unfortunately the people of NJ have no one to blame but htemselves for this situation as the insurance pricing more than reflects the cost of doing business there. I am always amazed when people fail to rally against issues (here NJ insurance environment) that directly effect their finances and where virtually no one benefits.

"I am always amazed when people fail to rally against issues (here NJ insurance environment) that directly effect their finances "

Well, last time ins reform was enforced,half the insurance companies left the state with the other half refusing to accept new policies while they contemplated leaving also. Personally, I blame lawyers.

Years ago, California was #1 for most lawyers and NJ #1 for most toxic waste dumps. The reason,rumor has it, was that NJ had first choice.

Dang Gillian! I checked out those two for sale listings you posted! $320,000!!! Here where I live in KY (about 15-20 minutes north of Louisville) that house would go for around maybe $120,000 or so! OUCH!!

We live "in town" so we pay both city and county taxes but our tax bill was less than $1,000 combined last year. Granted, when we bought our house it was needing a little "TLC" so it was cheaper than most and we haven't been reassessed yet.

What always amazes me when I go to Realtor.com and for fun check out the real estate in CA. Go to Santa Monica and put in for less than $300,000. No listings!! A $50,000-$60,000 house here goes for $350,000-$400,000 out there! How do "normal" wage earners make it out there?

We have friends that live on Merritt Island in FL (10 minutes from KSC! Woo hoo!). Whenever we visit them we love to pour through the FL real estate books! It always amazes me how much cheaper the real estate market is there even compared to here. We have considered moving before but alas, my DH is in law enforcement and I feel much safer having him work here than in FL!! :p :p

loveswdw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter