Disney Fantasy - Laundry pods?

OK, I'll be the one to ask...popcorn::... what the heck is a laundry pod? Sounds like a prop from the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers :happytv:

Ikaikalani said:
OK, I'll be the one to ask...popcorn::... what the heck is a laundry pod? Sounds like a prop from the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers :happytv:

Lol, they are small pouches of soap. The outer pouch desolves in the water. We live in an apartment and use the comunity laundry room so I love the Tide Pods. I can just grab one or two rather than hauling a big bottle along with all our laundry! Plus no mesuring.

I brought Dynamo pods (they are powder) because I was concerned that the Tide Pods might break and make a mess in our luggage.

DisneyOHFan said:
I brought Dynamo pods (they are powder) because I was concerned that the Tide Pods might break and make a mess in our luggage.

I just put each one in their own little ziploc and then all of them in a big ziploc just in case. But they were fine- no issues and they worked great in the machines.

Personally, I like the Purex laundry sheets. They're flat, you don't have to worry about them breaking open, and the fabric softener is built in. JMHO!

Personally, I like the Purex laundry sheets. They're flat, you don't have to worry about them breaking open, and the fabric softener is built in. JMHO!

We also used the Purex laundry sheets, they worked perfectly and we didn't have to worry about them busting open. We were also lucky enough to have the laundry room right across from our Stateroom, it was so convenient. It also was convenient that my DH did the laundry:cool1:

I just buy the laundry soap in the laundry room. I think it cost $1. Works geat one less thing to pack.

I just put each one in their own little ziploc and then all of them in a big ziploc just in case. But they were fine- no issues and they worked great in the machines.

I love the pods also! The greatest thing that has happened in the laundry department for a long time in my opinion. I would put them in their own little ziploc and include a washcloth in the ziplock with it. That way if it does burst, you just throw the wash cloth in and toss the baggie. Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to turn the baggie inside out and wash it with the clothes if it did burst.

That's what we have used for the past several trips. I am in love with how great these Tide pods are, though, and buy them in bulk. Since we're driving down I'm going to put about 5 or 6 in a very small container for easy transport.

We also used the Purex laundry sheets, they worked perfectly and we didn't have to worry about them busting open. We were also lucky enough to have the laundry room right across from our Stateroom, it was so convenient. It also was convenient that my DH did the laundry:cool1:

I totally agree with you, but I can't find them at anymore and I have checked at Target, Walmart, my grocery stores , Walgreens etc. Any idea where I can get some. We sail on the Fantasy in 2 weeks.

That's what we have used for the past several trips. I am in love with how great these Tide pods are, though, and buy them in bulk. Since we're driving down I'm going to put about 5 or 6 in a very small container for easy transport.

A small plastic container would work perfect! Of course I have about half a million in my pantry. Last time we just bought the soap on the ship but it will be nice to be able to bring what we are used to using at home.

With the Purex sheets, I always had to take the dryer sheet off of it. It always seemed to leave spots on our clothes if kept on. Too bad they aren't selling them anymore. I always found them at Target or Wegman's Food Market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter