Disney Fantasy Cruise November 8th - 15th 2014 ... here we come!

ooh!! I just realized!! One year from today!!:cool1::hyper::banana::woohoo:

and today we can say it s officially less then 1 year to sail date wooooohoooo!, I am now starting to put some thought effort into fe gifts , well at least part of them ! We are staying 5 nights after cruise and of course the 1 night pre cruise. still havent made my mind up as to where though.Most likely por for the pre cruise part, just need to think about the later part. Kinda leaning towards yacht club, although we really liked the 1 bedroom at okw just wasnt to happy with the location I had chosen, if we book there again will know better this trip where to request closer to hospitality house! Let the planning begin!:thumbsup2:cool1::yay::dance3::coffee:

and today we can say it s officially less then 1 year to sail date wooooohoooo!, I am now starting to put some thought effort into fe gifts , well at least part of them ! We are staying 5 nights after cruise and of course the 1 night pre cruise. still havent made my mind up as to where though.Most likely por for the pre cruise part, just need to think about the later part. Kinda leaning towards yacht club, although we really liked the 1 bedroom at okw just wasnt to happy with the location I had chosen, if we book there again will know better this trip where to request closer to hospitality house! Let the planning begin!:thumbsup2:cool1::yay::dance3::coffee:

I am impressed with all the thought that the FE crafters give. I have yet to make up my mind if we will participate. And then will need to come up with a new item (I am a one gift per family sort of giver), although I just thought of several smaller items in one gift bag that would work. There may be hope yet!

OKW - we have been staying there since '93 and really like it - hands down the largest rooms when compared to the other DVC resorts. My goal has been to stay at each of them and we are getting close - have not made it to Beach Club Villas yet nor GF but I think I got the rest of them tested out. Interesting to compare I will say.

I am impressed with all the thought that the FE crafters give. I have yet to make up my mind if we will participate. And then will need to come up with a new item (I am a one gift per family sort of giver), although I just thought of several smaller items in one gift bag that would work. There may be hope yet!

OKW - we have been staying there since '93 and really like it - hands down the largest rooms when compared to the other DVC resorts. My goal has been to stay at each of them and we are getting close - have not made it to Beach Club Villas yet nor GF but I think I got the rest of them tested out. Interesting to compare I will say.

Hi Gail. perhaps you could reccomend a building number that would have the 1 bedroom but be closer to hospitality house at okw, I think we were in somewhere like 34 or something but way to far of a walk to main area and I wasnt impressed with the bus service at all, loved it there other than this issue! thanks if you can indeed offer any info! Leslie:confused3

wow just checked on 2015 prices dont think I will be booking anytime soon may wait and see what the end of the 2015 year brings!

Hey all, getting closer every day. I'm pretty bummed about the OBB policy change. We were planning on booking two rooms on board and then moving them if we have to. Now I guess we'll spend the next year trying to plan ahead on if we can go back within the 18 month window. I understand DCL's reasoning, but darn it! :)

Im a newbie how do I sign up?

Are you talking about the fe? If so then just pm 4 the love of disney all your info, cabin number, who all is cruising with you and gender and ages. Welcome aboard looking forward to chatting! I cant wait to be back on the fantasy!:thumbsup2

We are on board too!!! This will be our second Disney Cruise. We did the Dream last year and now this one. I can't wait. We are taking my mother and my brother, his wife and their 2 children. We don't have our stateroom number yet, but will let you know when we do. It will be me (TaReesa 36), DH (Ray-39), and DD(Brianne 14). My brother (Victor-26), his wife (Madonna-26), DD (Carmen-5) and their DS (Amare'-3). I want to add our kids names to the fish extender if possible. I'm super exicted. It will be my mother and brothers first cruise!!! They are going to love it.

I almost forgot, we are DVC members. Since 2009 and we LOVE it!!! We will also be celebrating my DH(11/19) and my mother's(11/9) birthdays. Can't wait.

Ok, so I went to create our group...

I had created a group for a previous cruise meet but I was FB friends with them all first...

It looks like I have to friend you all first (whoever wants to be in the group) then I can create the group.
So, I'll friend you and you can request to add your family members etc. I am going to make the group a closed group as I had problems in another group I had joined and realized it's better to be a closed group. Hope everyone is ok with that....

So, look out for an FB friend invite from me Lori G***. Please continue to message me here with your name so I can can add you on FB...

Can you add me to the FB page? My FB name is TaReesa Saunders

We are on board too!!! This will be our second Disney Cruise. We did the Dream last year and now this one. I can't wait. We are taking my mother and my brother, his wife and their 2 children. We don't have our stateroom number yet, but will let you know when we do. It will be me (TaReesa 36), DH (Ray-39), and DD(Brianne 14). My brother (Victor-26), his wife (Madonna-26), DD (Carmen-5) and their DS (Amare'-3). I want to add our kids names to the fish extender if possible. I'm super exicted. It will be my mother and brothers first cruise!!! They are going to love it. I almost forgot, we are DVC members. Since 2009 and we LOVE it!!! We will also be celebrating my DH(11/19) and my mother's(11/9) birthdays. Can't wait.

Hi there - Welcome to the cruise!! I have added the names of those you listed here to the FE list. I have included the adults too as all are welcome to participate in the FE (it's not just for the kids lol) if you just want to keep it to your kids, pm me. Also if you want to add your grandmother, pm me as well. Let me know when you get your stateroom numbers so I can add them, but there is plenty of time to do so.

See you on board!!!

Another month gone by, 11 more to go! Happy December 1st! December always seems to go by so fast so soon enough we will be down to the 10 month mark!:thumbsup2

well not real happy about hearing that the xmas decor will not be up on our cruise was really hoping it would be there! Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that it disney is not what it used to be. seems more and more you get less and less, not meaning the cast members as they are all great and do a superb job!

hope all you american freinds:thumbsup2 had a safe and happy thanksgiving holiday!

While I understand the disappointment for those who were anticipating the Christmas decor and festivities, when I booked this I wondered why they were starting those festivities so early (before the change). I am a bit old-fashioned in that I like Halloween to end before I think about Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving to end before I decorate for Christmas. To be surrounded by Christmas decorations nearly three weeks before Thanksgiving is not appealing to me. I like to celebrate each holiday separately. ;)

But I'm sorry for all those who booked this date specifically for the decorations and special activities. I know it must be especially disappointing to all the kids who were looking forward to it. :grouphug:

Can you add me to the FB page? My FB name is TaReesa Saunders

I will add you as soon as we get back home from WDW...hard to do so much on my phone and we don't have an iPad or laptop etc...we come home on the 14th....hope that's ok! :)

While I understand the disappointment for those who were anticipating the Christmas decor and festivities, when I booked this I wondered why they were starting those festivities so early (before the change). I am a bit old-fashioned in that I like Halloween to end before I think about Thanksgiving, and Thanksgiving to end before I decorate for Christmas. To be surrounded by Christmas decorations nearly three weeks before Thanksgiving is not appealing to me. I like to celebrate each holiday separately. ;)

But I'm sorry for all those who booked this date specifically for the decorations and special activities. I know it must be especially disappointing to all the kids who were looking forward to it. :grouphug:

Well said. I understand the disappointment but this will be a "relax before the holiday frenzy begins" trip. I intend to relax to the max!:cloud9:
ONLY 330 DAYS TIL WE BOARD!!!
~jackie

Whew - I just finished reading all the pages of the thread (and sent my request to join the FB group).

This will be our 4th cruise. We were booked on the 10/25 Halloween sailing, but just changed to this one as our school calendar came out and I took advantage of some days off for the kids so they weren't missing as many school days.

Our Crew:
Me (Darcy) - the planner
Tom (DH)
Aidan (DS, almost 13 at sailing)
Jordan (DD, almost 13 at sailing)

The kids don't know about the cruise yet. I had booked a dummy date on our last cruise (2012) and now with the new booking rules, I don't think I will be doing that again, sadly.

I am not sure we will do the FE this time around, but may be interested in the "secret santa" if that is still being tossed around. While I know several people are upset that the ship won't be decorated for Christmas, I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this wasn't on the list of cruises for the Christmas holiday stuff. While I love Christmas (and I love Disney Christmas decorations), 11/8 is just a bit too early for me.

I am exited for this itinerary. We have done a Western before with DCL, but our day in Cozumel was a washout (torrential rain and wind) so all excursions were canceled, DS and I did get out in the AM and did a little shopping right at port. We also did Key West and Grand Cayman that cruise. SO, while it's a Western with 2 of the same ports we did, we have really only been to one of those!

So, while I am "working at home" with the snow falling outside my window, I have been checking out the excursions to see what looks interesting.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Whew - I just finished reading all the pages of the thread (and sent my request to join the FB group).

This will be our 4th cruise. We were booked on the 10/25 Halloween sailing, but just changed to this one as our school calendar came out and I took advantage of some days off for the kids so they weren't missing as many school days.

Our Crew:
Me (Darcy) - the planner
Tom (DH)
Aidan (DS, almost 13 at sailing)
Jordan (DD, almost 13 at sailing)

The kids don't know about the cruise yet. I had booked a dummy date on our last cruise (2012) and now with the new booking rules, I don't think I will be doing that again, sadly.

I am not sure we will do the FE this time around, but may be interested in the "secret santa" if that is still being tossed around. While I know several people are upset that the ship won't be decorated for Christmas, I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I saw this wasn't on the list of cruises for the Christmas holiday stuff. While I love Christmas (and I love Disney Christmas decorations), 11/8 is just a bit too early for me.

I am exited for this itinerary. We have done a Western before with DCL, but our day in Cozumel was a washout (torrential rain and wind) so all excursions were canceled, DS and I did get out in the AM and did a little shopping right at port. We also did Key West and Grand Cayman that cruise. SO, while it's a Western with 2 of the same ports we did, we have really only been to one of those!

So, while I am "working at home" with the snow falling outside my window, I have been checking out the excursions to see what looks interesting.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome aboard! We did an Eastern in early Dec 2007 on the Magic, and then a Western on Carnival's Dream in early Dec 2010. That Dec in 2010 was a cold snap, there was frost in Florida, weather was 60's and windy / cool in Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Belize.

Here's a prayer for some pixie dust that Nov 2014 will be great weather!

facebook twitter