Disney Fantasy 11/5/17

alavoi

Earning My Ears
Does anybody know what is going on during the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean cruise on 11/5/17? We usually go during this time every year, but most staterooms on this sailing have been unavailable for months now. Can't believe it is all sold out, since this is often a low time on the ship. Thanks for any info!

It may be Jersey Week. I am not sure when it falls, but it is in early-ish November.

I've noticed 11/3/18 was a really popular one for opening day too... I bet Jersey week is spot on.

It's the cruise right after the half marathon (Some will just do the 5k and the 10k so not have to be around on the 5th, since the Fantasy leaves on the 4th), and it's Jersey Week. We were originally on this cruise in an aft stateroom then realized it was Jersey Week (we've done that once and never again) so moved our cruise to the week before. The only problem now is that we're in Poly for the Half Marathon, F&W *and* Jersey Week after our cruise. I don't plan on being able to ride much of anything, and reservations are ridiculous.

It is election week, last year our schools were off the entire week for election and in service days.

It's the cruise right after the half marathon (Some will just do the 5k and the 10k so not have to be around on the 5th, since the Fantasy leaves on the 4th), and it's Jersey Week. We were originally on this cruise in an aft stateroom then realized it was Jersey Week (we've done that once and never again) so moved our cruise to the week before. The only problem now is that we're in Poly for the Half Marathon, F&W *and* Jersey Week after our cruise. I don't plan on being able to ride much of anything, and reservations are ridiculous.

Can I ask why you would never book during jersey week again? I just booked this cruise without knowing what jersey week is or existed. Now I'm wondering if I should change it.

What's jersey week?
Nevermind, just looked it up. That is when Jersey week is.

Last edited:

Our Jersey Week at WDW was also punctuated by the half marathon at the beginning of the week, and our double dip on the Dream later that week was packed to the gills. I prefer to travel when kids are in school because I prefer not to have to deal with big crowds. Jersey Week was awful and I expect this year's WDW visit during the half marathon and Jersey Week to be bad as well, but at least we get the week before Jersey Week on the Fantasy.

I can't help it that my wife's birthday is Halloween Day. If we want to vacation then, then we have to deal with these two disparate groups of WDW/DCL attendees. My birthday falls during President's Day week, so we never, ever cruise or go to Key West (my preferred destination) that week. Too many people using the extra day off to pad their 4 days of vacation used.

Jersey Week is the creation of someone with an overactive imagination.

Have you cruised during Jersey Week? Have you been to the parks during Jersey Week/Half Marathon? My experience is not merely anecdotal. I've been during quiet times and during busy times, and this wasn't the quiet time one would expect in early November. I don't care what some blogger says.

Last edited:
Have you cruised during Jersey Week? Have you been to the parks during Jersey Week/Half Marathon? My experience is not merely anecdotal. I've been during quiet times and during busy times, and this wasn't the quiet time one would expect in early November. I don't care what some blogger says.

We were on the Magic NYC-San Juan last Jersey Week. It was horribly crowded - worse than the Fantasy or RCI Mega Ships! People literally being stepped on in the atrium during activities. It was also a very Merrytime cruise so all the Christmas activities were packed - people were sitting on the floor to participate and they ran out of craft materials several times. And forget the pool...people soup! But we're no wimps...this year we'll be doing a day at WDW (first day of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and then a 3 night on the Dream (first time on the Dream for us) during Jersey Week. :)

I'd say I haven't cruised during Jersey week. Can't verify if I've been at the parks during that time, as I've been there so many times, I can't recall for sure whether I was there during early November or not. I was only quoting from the blog. I would think that the blogger been then. But I can't verify that one way or the other.

I'd say I haven't cruised during Jersey week. Can't verify if I've been at the parks during that time, as I've been there so many times, I can't recall for sure whether I was there during early November or not. I was only quoting from the blog. I would think that the blogger been then. But I can't verify that one way or the other.

We accidentally ended up on a cruise during Jersey Week. Imagine all of the stereotypes about people from New Jersey and you'll get the feel for what we experienced. We still had a great time (it was a DCL Cruise, after all) but we made the decision never to cruise during that week again.

Well, Bummer! I booked the 11/3/18 cruise while on the Fantasy last week. My 60th birthday is that week so I thought I'd treat myself to a 7 day cruise.

Now, what to do?

We are also on this cruise. We live in NoVa and our county has most of that week off as well. Elementary kids have 3 days off and older kids have 2 days off. I'm expecting to see lots of Virginians on board too.

We accidentally ended up on a cruise during Jersey Week. Imagine all of the stereotypes about people from New Jersey and you'll get the feel for what we experienced. We still had a great time (it was a DCL Cruise, after all) but we made the decision never to cruise during that week again.

Even worse would be the cruises FROM NYC (anytime of year) where you have the best of NJ, NY, and Long Island stereotypes! Those cruises are LOUD. :-)

After reading everyone's comments, I think I'll change to the 11/10/18 Western. I was thinking that since the cruise was in early November, there would be fewer children on the ship. Doesn't look like that will be the case. I'll just have to celebrate my birthday a few days late!

Even worse would be the cruises FROM NYC (anytime of year) where you have the best of NJ, NY, and Long Island stereotypes! Those cruises are LOUD. :-)

That is the primary reason I will NOT even think of attempting the mega-ship thing out of NY or NJ. Yes, on occasion I ponder trying one. But the thought of that many people on a ship is terrifying enough for me (I can escape to my apartment or a few other "quieter" spots when it gets to be too much living here) - the thought of that many people just like what I deal with every day AND being stuck on a ship with them...just, NO!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter