Disney Eastern Fantasy Concierge Trip Report | October 5-12, 2013

emme - thanks for the Nashville advice. I will post pics of the room service breakfast menu as soon as I complete my 10 posts. Gee, you guys are really close to leaving for the cruise!

I'm on board! Eager to hear your experience as a new *adult* on the ship. Our cruise is a year out and my son will turn 18 right before.

Thanks for joining in!! :)

YAY!! :cool1:
Dh & I are on this cruise, getting excited!!!

It's almost time!! :cool1:

emme - here is the menu you can order hot breakfast from. Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8gor1b6sa39k5o9/sAsJpTNwxu

Thank you so much for that! It just makes me even more excited for this weekend!:goodvibes

Just popping in for the macaron discussion...If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they have excellent macarons in their frozen section, at a great price too. I'm a huge fan.

watching this tr as we are on the same cruise a year from now. We'll be doing back to back western and then eastern caribbean. not many excursions planned other than scub diving at grand cayman and st maartin. We'll have young kids with us too so the shopping/touristy stuff is not really their thing

Joining in! I did the 7night Eastern last October and loved it!

If you don't have something planned on St Thomas, I highly recommend going over to St John. It is absolutely breathtaking! I did the DCL excursion where you are driven around the island. The beaches are amazing! It's a national park so very undeveloped.

Jill in CO

Just popping in for the macaron discussion...If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they have excellent macarons in their frozen section, at a great price too. I'm a huge fan.

I heard that Trader Joes was now selling them, too bad I moved recently. No TJ near me, but when I go back to visit I will definitely be getting some!

watching this tr as we are on the same cruise a year from now. We'll be doing back to back western and then eastern caribbean. not many excursions planned other than scub diving at grand cayman and st maartin. We'll have young kids with us too so the shopping/touristy stuff is not really their thing

Hopefully I will have some good info for you when I return!

Joining in! I did the 7night Eastern last October and loved it!

If you don't have something planned on St Thomas, I highly recommend going over to St John. It is absolutely breathtaking! I did the DCL excursion where you are driven around the island. The beaches are amazing! It's a national park so very undeveloped.

Jill in CO

That sounds like an awesome idea! I didn't even think about that! Hopefully we will make it over there next week!

Subbing

We're on the Eastern leaving November 16, also in concierge. We're doing a private Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten but have no plans for St. Thomas, so I'm interested to hear what you end up doing.

Happy early birthday - my son turns four on our cruise and I'll be interested to hear how you celebrate.

Subbing We're on the Eastern leaving November 16, also in concierge. We're doing a private Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten but have no plans for St. Thomas, so I'm interested to hear what you end up doing. Happy early birthday - my son turns four on our cruise and I'll be interested to hear how you celebrate.

Thanks for joining in and thank you for the birthday wishes!

Are you planning anything for the cruise out past the port Canaveral webcam? We watch it every Saturday afternoon at 5pm. Whoever operates the cam loves banners. We had our Mickey gloves on waving from our verandah on 9/7. It was exciting watching before our cruise, now it's sad watching knowing our cruise is over. We wish we were going with you guys! We will be watching the webcam on Saturday after we get home from Nashville!

Are you planning anything for the cruise out past the port Canaveral webcam? We watch it every Saturday afternoon at 5pm. Whoever operates the cam loves banners. We had our Mickey gloves on waving from our verandah on 9/7. It was exciting watching before our cruise, now it's sad watching knowing our cruise is over. We wish we were going with you guys! We will be watching the webcam on Saturday after we get home from Nashville!

I did think about making a poster, maybe I will if I have extra room in my luggage. I always stand on that side of the boat when we are sailing away, so I'm sure you will see me if you watch! Just a heads up, the fantasy pulled out around 4:30 eastern last week, wouldn't want you to miss it! We are on deck 12 forward, in the concierge section, so if you see someone on a verandah there waving it's most likely me! :cheer2: hopefully you'll have another cruise in the future. There's nothing like planning for the next one!

Just a quick post here. It's almost time to leave with only three days to go until we fly down to MCO!:cool1: I decided to bring a little bag of goodies along to pass out to anyone and everyone. I got a HUGE bag of dumdums and tied them together in threes with ribbon. I plan on giving them out at the airport to the flight attendants and maybe some to some random kids, or even just someone who looks like they are having a bad day. I'll be saving some for our concierge hosts, the workers at the port, kids counselors, waiters, and more. 120 random acts of kindness will be happening next week. I'm almost packed and ready to set sail!

Sorry for the poor quality picture, but I just thought I would share!

You are very thoughtful, making those little gifts. I hope you and your parents have a great trip! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The dumdums are a cool idea! I tried to get my DGF to make a banner, but she refused, so we just brought mickey gloves! I take it you are on the starboard side, we were in 12524. Say hi to our room, and say hi from Brian & Melissa to Stevonnie (Jamaica) if she is your stateroom hostess. She was super and funny as well. She has that dry sense of humor I have, so we got along. I noticed that the ship left early last week, so we will be watching for you. BTW, I know you said you guys don't really do the shows, but John Charles did an entire show one night in the theater. I know you have cruised many times before, so you have probably already seen him, so you wouldn't need to see him again (same show). But if you have never seen him, you should! And ask Julia (Concierge Hostess) for popcorn to take down with you.

Oh, I forgot to mention... If your family is travelling back out of MCO, get there plenty early. We had a horrible delay going through security in the Delta terminal. It ate up all our planned airport meal we were going to have. It was on Monday about 5-6pm.

The dumdums are a cool idea! I tried to get my DGF to make a banner, but she refused, so we just brought mickey gloves! I take it you are on the starboard side, we were in 12524. Say hi to our room, and say hi from Brian & Melissa to Stevonnie (Jamaica) if she is your stateroom hostess. She was super and funny as well. She has that dry sense of humor I have, so we got along. I noticed that the ship left early last week, so we will be watching for you. BTW, I know you said you guys don't really do the shows, but John Charles did an entire show one night in the theater. I know you have cruised many times before, so you have probably already seen him, so you wouldn't need to see him again (same show). But if you have never seen him, you should! And ask Julia (Concierge Hostess) for popcorn to take down with you.

We will have to check that show out. Our most recent cruises have been 4 nights and I don't remember much of the few when I was younger. I'm pretty much up for anything I haven't seen yet so that will probably end up on our itinerary. Thanks for the advice. We are in 12506 so we will pass your room!! I'll definitely say hello to stevonnie for you both (and probably give her some candy!)

12506 is the best 00T suite on the ship! You will enjoy the oversized verandah! If anybody can tell you, can you find out the brand name of the rain shower heads in the suites? I found myself spending too much of my cruise time under that shower. It is one of the best perks on the ship! Also, see if you can find out the name of the espresso maker in the lounge. I think I wore the machine out! I know they use illy brand espresso in it. Also, don't forget to download the Disney Fantasy navigator app for your smartphone before the ship leaves the port. Our cruise was the first test of the app, hopefully they will still be testing it on your cruise.

Smooth seas...

12506 is the best 00T suite on the ship! You will enjoy the oversized verandah! If anybody can tell you, can you find out the brand name of the rain shower heads in the suites? I found myself spending too much of my cruise time under that shower. It is one of the best perks on the ship! Also, see if you can find out the name of the espresso maker in the lounge. I think I wore the machine out! I know they use illy brand espresso in it. Also, don't forget to download the Disney Fantasy navigator app for your smartphone before the ship leaves the port. Our cruise was the first test of the app, hopefully they will still be testing it on your cruise.

Smooth seas...

I will try to find that out for you! They are in fact testing the app on our sailing, so I have it downloaded!

Have a great trip, Emme! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home! :beach:

Thank you! :wave2:

Subbing as we are in concierge on Nov 30 can't wait to read your report...;)

Thanks for joining in! Hoping I'll have so good info for you all when I get back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!