Disney Dream Trip -- May '17

GinLuvsDis

Earning My Ears
Hi - This is my very first post here and I'm crazy excited to announce our upcoming trip!

The idea for this trip came up last summer when talking with friends about their plans. I think I knew of at least three different families who were planning big Disney trips and I was having serious Disney Envy, so I told DH that we had to make THIS the year! I told my parents we were thinking about it and they decided they had to hop on board as they are big Disney fans and love an excuse to do the parks.

Who - me, DH, S (10), C (6), Grandmom & Grandpa
When - May 7-14
Where - Old Key West, 5 Disney park days, 2 days at Universal (Gotta check out Hogwarts!)

I'm beyond excited. This will be my 5th visit (1987, 1992, 2005, 2009), 3rd visit for DH (2005, 2009), 2nd visit for my big kid (2009), and first time for the little guy! My parents have been many times, so I have no idea what # this is for them.

Here's the best part: It's a SURPRISE trip! We won't be telling the kids until the day we leave. I can't wait to see their faces when we get in the car and tell them we're not actually driving to Nana's house, but we're heading to WDW!

I'm the chief planner. Air travel is booked, Magical Express is lined up, and our ADRs are made. We decided breakfast in our room, on one ADR each day, and grab to the third meal wherever we happen to be.

New to me this time: FastPass+, MagicBands, MyDisneyExperience phone app :)

Not sure what else I should report on...I can update as we finalize our plans.

Thanks for having a place to share this stuff!

Ahhhh this is AMAZING!!! We surprised our kids with a spring break trip last year (it wasn't Disney, but it was still so much fun to surprise them!). This year, their Disney trip was their big Christmas present, which was also really fun.

How exciting to be able to do a surprise trip. I always plan on doing it a surprise but then I get so excited and can't keep it in. Plus since I am a single parent it helps for my older kids to help plan. lol

Welcom to the Did and congrats on your first post. Looking good so far. Can't wait to read more.

UPDATE - Just booked 3 nights at Loews Royal Pacific for our Universal portion of the trip. Five days at Disney Parks & 2 days at Universal.

I also picked up the form for getting excused from school. It's asking for "educationally significant" reasons the absences should be excused. I'm planning on spinning some baloney about Epcot being educational and AK being all about animals. And Universal is "immersion in literature" with Harry Potter stuff LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter