Disney Dream - "must have" treats?

vtwep

DIS Veteran
Hi. Just curious if those who have been on the Dream can share some of your "must have" treats (pastries, baked goods, ice cream, chocolate, etc) and their locations throughout the ship? We will be on our first cruise and would like to make sure we hit a few of them to enjoy. We are not doing Remy or Palo, but are curious where to find some hidden gems along the way.

Hi. Just curious if those who have been on the Dream can share some of your "must have" treats (pastries, baked goods, ice cream, chocolate, etc) and their locations throughout the ship? We will be on our first cruise and would like to make sure we hit a few of them to enjoy. We are not doing Remy or Palo, but are curious where to find some hidden gems along the way.
While not specific to the Dream, I love the Grand Marnier Souffle on the Royal Palace menu.

Beyond that - gotta have my chicken tenders every day (Flo's poolside diner).

Truthfully, desserts tend to be pretty lackluster, but OK, for the most part.

Mickey bars!!

Chocolate soufflée at Palo dinner!! (They have a gluten-free version!!)

Chicken Parmesan at Palo brunch!! (They can do it gluten-free!!)

Gluten-free Mickey waffles. And Kinnikinnick donuts! (But leave those delicious donuts for those of us who need gluten-free. You people who can do gluten get Krispy Kreme.)

Gluten-free chicken fingers and fries!!

There are little bite-sized desserts at the coffee cafe's. They were always super tasty small bites, and even if you don't get a coffee you can get a snack! In particular there was a mango cheese cake that was wonderful!

The pretzels are great if you can find them. Some boats don't always have them.

The pretzels are great if you can find them. Some boats don't always have them.
It's my understanding that the pretzels (used to be at the poolside quick serve) are no longer on any ship. Soft pretzels are on the pub menu now (for extra cost).

Mickey bars - I agree with Princess Shmoo regarding desserts
Chicken fingers from Flo's
My children love the donuts and pastry at breakfast in the dining rooms

There is a delicious gluten-free crunchy walnut cake with dark chocolate mousse and raspberry coulis, very rich and decadent, at AP, no fillers making it gluten free, just all the good naturally gluten-free stuff (chocolate, butter, walnuts, egg, sugar) Lol.

Also, we loved that they had strawberry and also banana soft serve in addition to the regular vanilla and chocolate at the Eye Scream station. Yuuummmm

The Mickey bar with a thousand sprinkles, as my daughter would say. My husband loves the treats in the case at the Cove Cafe. The Island Cookies are to die for, as well.

It's my understanding that the pretzels (used to be at the poolside quick serve) are no longer on any ship. Soft pretzels are on the pub menu now (for extra cost).
How recently did this change? I had a Mickey pretzel on the Dream in July from Flo's and ate it by Quiet Cove pool. But they did not have pretzels there every day, just on the sea day.

How recently did this change? I had a Mickey pretzel on the Dream in July from Flo's and ate it by Quiet Cove pool. But they did not have pretzels there every day, just on the sea day.
We had them on the Wonder in May. They had them at the Pizza quick serve window.

Time was they were only available on the last sea day. Maybe they started doing it again. I know on the Magic, last time we were on her, the only ones we could get were in the pub.

Can't say about the Fantasy, except that we did order one in O'Gill's one night. Didn't bother to check at Flo's for them.

I hope the pretzels aren't gone! :sad1:

Cabanas has a great hazelnut roll for lunchtime dessert. Cabanas also has small servings of sushi near the carving stations. The specialty pizzas (beyond your ordinary cheese, sausage, pepperoni, etc.) by the pool deck are quite tasty. We also love fries with ranch dressing!

Mickey bars!!

Chocolate soufflée at Palo dinner!! (They have a gluten-free version!!)

Chicken Parmesan at Palo brunch!! (They can do it gluten-free!!)

Gluten-free Mickey waffles. And Kinnikinnick donuts! (But leave those delicious donuts for those of us who need gluten-free. You people who can do gluten get Krispy Kreme.)

Gluten-free chicken fingers and fries!!

OH MY GOSH.... my life is made lol! I have a sensitivity to gluten (not allergy) that has developed since my first cruise and have seriously considered ordering the soufflé and just dealing with the discomfort. I have dreams of that soufflé! LOL I will say DCL is really stepping up their game in the last few years for us GF peeps!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter