Disney Dream Mattress

vicarrieous

DIS Veteran
Has anyone purchased a mattress like they experienced on the Disney Dream? We sailed in January 2018 on the Dream and I fell in love with the mattress. I am now in the market, and I wish I would have gotten more details. I tried to do a little internet searching and got a variety of answers but not too recently.

View attachment 476260

This is the mattress I had while on the Dream in September 2019. I did not take a picture of the tag, so I do not have anymore info. But my was it comfy!
Boy oh boy....you have more balls than I have. I may want to know what I’m sleeping on but I also....DON’T want to know what I’m sleeping on. Lol. Nope, not looking. I may not sleep on that ship again if I looked. ,:oops:

For anyone following or interested they are having a 50% off sale April 15 - June 15, must order mattress & foundation for that savings.

Disney Pillowtop & others

I don't know if it's the same one or not, yours or the other linked, but fwiw I was able to add a mattress to my cart as a test and it shows at the 50% off without a foundation, so that's a really good price if you're looking for a mattress!

We decided to pull the trigger, price was just to go to pass up.
We did too. I had looked at these Beautyrest mattresses about a year ago but the price was too much. Now with the 50% off we pulled the trigger & even went up to the King size! Problem now is finding reasonably priced king size bedding LOL.

We did too. I had looked at these Beautyrest mattresses about a year ago but the price was too much. Now with the 50% off we pulled the trigger & even went up to the King size! Problem now is finding reasonably priced king size bedding LOL.
Keep and eye on Costco. If you want Disney check out castmemberlinen.com

Oh wow, how confusing. Disney Mom's Panel says one thing; other people say Sealy, and still others say Beautyrest.

We decided to pull the trigger, price was just to go to pass up.
Let us know how it is when you get it...I am wondering if thats the mattresses from the resorts or the ships because I feel they are far better on the ships than in the resorts!

Let us know how it is when you get it...I am wondering if thats the mattresses from the resorts or the ships because I feel they are far better on the ships than in the resorts!

That was what I wondered, too. I haven't ever stayed at the resorts, but man, the bed on the cruise ship was possibly the most comfortable one I've ever slept on. I'd buy it in a heartbeat - if I know for sure that it's the same one.

To make it even more confusing, they carry three beds labeled with the disney line. And the only one that has the tencel top like the picture somebody took above is labeled as being really soft, but I didn't find the bed that soft - rather, of course it was & had a pillow top for sure, but my wife and I are both VERY LARGE PEOPLE and so often get swallowed by "soft" mattresses, and that didn't happen AT ALL, so I thought it was firm to extra firm, but with a thick pillow top.

At least the sale goes until June 15th, so hopefully one of the folks who pulled the trigger and got a mattress will be able to report back before it ends!

That was what I wondered, too. I haven't ever stayed at the resorts, but man, the bed on the cruise ship was possibly the most comfortable one I've ever slept on. I'd buy it in a heartbeat - if I know for sure that it's the same one.

To make it even more confusing, they carry three beds labeled with the disney line. And the only one that has the tencel top like the picture somebody took above is labeled as being really soft, but I didn't find the bed that soft - rather, of course it was & had a pillow top for sure, but my wife and I are both VERY LARGE PEOPLE and so often get swallowed by "soft" mattresses, and that didn't happen AT ALL, so I thought it was firm to extra firm, but with a thick pillow top.

At least the sale goes until June 15th, so hopefully one of the folks who pulled the trigger and got a mattress will be able to report back before it ends!

Yes! This is exactly why I have been holding out for so long. There seems to be so much mis-information out there about mattresses that it is so hard to know the straight answer.

Anyone who’s purchased this Beautyrest mattress received theirs yet? Looking forward to hearing if it’s close to that on the boats....

Not yet, I'll post once I do. Though I can't speak to the beds on DCL. The system shows it will be arriving tommrowo (Sunday) which I am doubtful, but we'll see if its accurate or not. I've not yet had a text from the shipping company.

Not yet, I'll post once I do. Though I can't speak to the beds on DCL. The system shows it will be arriving tommrowo (Sunday) which I am doubtful, but we'll see if its accurate or not. I've not yet had a text from the shipping company.
Can I ask when you ordered this? Was it really only Tuesday (when you posted that you ordered). We ordered ours Wednesday & the order said anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks.

Can I ask when you ordered this? Was it really only Tuesday (when you posted that you ordered). We ordered ours Wednesday & the order said anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks.
Yep I did order it Tuesday I'd be willing to be money it won't arrive tomorrow. My guess is they either meant May 26 instead of April 26 or it just an automated system that is needs some human interaction. They say they make them as they are ordered, so less the a week for delivery doesn't make sense. Did you get a call from XPO to setup your delivery info?

Yep I did order it Tuesday I'd be willing to be money it won't arrive tomorrow. My guess is they either meant May 26 instead of April 26 or it just an automated system that is needs some human interaction. They say they make them as they are ordered, so less the a week for delivery doesn't make sense. Did you get a call from XPO to setup your delivery info?
We got a voicemail message that they had our delivery info (and they read off our address) & would contact us when they had our delivery. They didn't say to return the call but did leave a phone # if we had any questions.
Was a little confused when they said they were "XPO - the Simmons delivery service". I guess Simmons & Beautyrest are the same?
Will also let everyone know when we get it - we ordered the Disney Deluxe Plush, not the pillow top, so I hope it's as great as the ones on the ships. (We've had a pillow top for the last 8 years & hate it - the whole top has shifted to one side of the bed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter