Disney Dream July 11, 2013

We are also checked in! I was too excited to wait! Now I'm ordering our little princess a couple extra dresses. She has also requested a "pink pirate outfit". Everything has to be pink! Ha! :):yay:

I am bringing my DD, age 9 while the rest of the family is a camp in PA. This will be a nice chance for "Mommy & Me" time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.princess:

There will be 10 of us sailing. Six adults, 4 kids of 9,6,4,and 2.

Have not checked in yet, is there a reason to check in so early?

There will be 10 of us sailing. Six adults, 4 kids of 9,6,4,and 2.

Have not checked in yet, is there a reason to check in so early?

WELCOME

Depends on when you plan on arriving. Many of us like to get there and be on board ASAP!

Squid

Don't blame you, I would like to get there as soon as possible. But, we are taking bus from Beach Club @ WDW and I think we get there when THEY want us to get there. Kinda wish I would have arranged a private transfer, but didn't know what to do about needing 4 car seats. I think those things cost like $ 15 each, each way.

All checked in for 11am and ready to go!

Has anyone started organizing the FE? Just wanting to mention that I would love to do it!

(trying to add a countdown to my posts, so if you see something that looks funny - I just couldn't figure out to do it).

<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<image src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/07-11-2010_So+Excited_0-0-0_0.png'>
</a>

We are also checked in! I was too excited to wait! Now I'm ordering our little princess a couple extra dresses. She has also requested a "pink pirate outfit". Everything has to be pink! Ha! :):yay:

We just got off the Fantasy this morning and they are selling some wonderful pink and black pirate dresses on board plus several other princess/mermaid dresses that I have not seen elsewhere!

All checked in for 11am and ready to go!

Has anyone started organizing the FE? Just wanting to mention that I would love to do it!

(trying to add a countdown to my posts, so if you see something that looks funny - I just couldn't figure out to do it).

<a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
<image src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/07-11-2010_So+Excited_0-0-0_0.png'>
</a>

Select the second option. I went thru the same thing!

We just booked yesterday WHOO-HOO!!!!!! So Excited. It will be myself, my DH and our two DD Ashley 22 and Emily 9. This will be cruise number 13 for me!!!:cool1: Love being a platinum cruiser. And this will be my second time on the Dream, (DH first time). Its been a while since we sailed, we have a home in Florida close to the port, so we used to go every year. Now we are living in Okinawa Japan, so its a bit harder to sail. But we are going home for a few weeks this summer and what a better way to end our vacation than on a Disney Cruise!!! We would love to do the FE if its not too late to sign up.:)

Hi there,
I am more than happy to organize the FE ~ please email me if someone else has started organization, as I am happy to pass the Leadership over......
I will need to have a cut-off date; Sunday June 23rd.

This will be my 2nd time organizing the FE, so I ask for the following details:

Room Number
Special Occasion if anyone is Celebrating
Names of adults
Names of children (ages and gender)
Please note allergies

Please PM me your email as I will also send everyone (blind copied emails of course) of the email with information so you can have a hard copy sent to your smart phones.

Thanks kindly,
Christina:flower3:

Got my on-line check in complete and Palo reservations made!!! :jumping1:
3 1/2 more days of school for my DD, then on Friday we fly home to Florida to start our vacation!!! Cant wait to see my family!!
party:

Just booked this cruise. 2nd Disney cruise for the family with two days at the new Art of Animation resort thrown in for good measure.

Med Cruise 2011

I posted last night, but I can't see it now. Do I need to do something else for it to remain in the thread???

Our first Disney cruise. Looking forward to it, but a little nervous since I just booked it last Friday and we sail July 11th!!

Would love to do the fish extender, but not sure exactly what it is and what the appropriate "gifts" are. Can an FE afficianado fill me in please??

THANKS!! :cool1:

Hi Christina! I'm new to this...can you help me out? Do you have a lot of people signed up for FE's?? Can you give me an idea of what type of "gifts" are left and do you leave one for every person or a family gift? So nervous to participate as this is our FIRST cruise and I booked it a month out! UGH! What was I thinking?? LOL Thought the FE would add a fun aspect to our trip. Thanks for any info that you can provide, you seem like you have done this before!

Cheers,
Lori

Hi Christina! I'm new to this...can you help me out? Do you have a lot of people signed up for FE's?? Can you give me an idea of what type of "gifts" are left and do you leave one for every person or a family gift? So nervous to participate as this is our FIRST cruise and I booked it a month out! UGH! What was I thinking?? LOL Thought the FE would add a fun aspect to our trip. Thanks for any info that you can provide, you seem like you have done this before!

Cheers,
Lori

Hi there, I am not sure if I will be organizing this group as it looks that "Pages", has started a thread. I am happy to help or take over if she wants me to. Until then, we have a bit of time so I am happy to walk you through it. Look back in this cruise dates threads under Pages and you will see a link. Click on it, and it will give you an idea of how may people are expressing an interest in joining the FE.

The FE can be done a few ways. Remember, it is always trying to keep it fun, and not meant to stress anyone out. People hang FE's from their fish outside their door. I myself bought one from someone on Ebay, I just don't have time to make one. Some others have purchased a bag and just hung that on their Fish on their door.

You can decide if you would like to do 1 gift per cabin, or just do a gift for the children. It can be anything home made or even bought. It can be sealed candy for a movie, it can be something special from your home town, it can be a toy, a book, a trinket. I've seen so many things. Something to keep in mind is that sometimes friends share a room, so if your doing a gift per cabin, someone will be sad because they can't share an item - just a thought.

For my June cruise, I am thinking of doing a mini Rum Cake from the Cayman Islands, and perhaps a little bottle of Cayman Rum. Once again, you should check if someone will be offended to receive Rum/alcohol as they may not drink for religious or personal reasons. For the little little kids, I may just pick up a little stuffed animal - Tortuga means turtle, which turtles are important to us in Cayman.... I may also do a little batch of skittles. I'm still not sure what I will do as to this date.

As for distribution, it is always a good idea to hit the decks with a floor plan, remember - keep it simple. You may want to deliver gifts the first day, the second or the last day. You dont have to do them all in 1 day, you can spread it out. When you get on the ship, they will have a Ship Deck Plan which shows you where the rooms are locate, so just pick one of those up. Hopefully the person will group by Cabins by floor and location.

It will be fun, and the kids get a kick out of it. Don't forget to decorate your door! Just make sure you don't use adhesives, they ruin the door, and you might get a bill from Disney charging you for damage. Don't forget to secure your FE onto the fish with a twist tie or cable fastner so it doesn't fall or walk off. Hope this helps!! Christina:flower3:

Hi there,
I am more than happy to organize the FE ~ please email me if someone else has started organization, as I am happy to pass the Leadership over......
I will need to have a cut-off date; Sunday June 23rd.

This will be my 2nd time organizing the FE, so I ask for the following details:

Room Number
Special Occasion if anyone is Celebrating
Names of adults
Names of children (ages and gender)
Please note allergies

Please PM me your email as I will also send everyone (blind copied emails of course) of the email with information so you can have a hard copy sent to your smart phones.

Thanks kindly,
Christina:flower3:

I think that you should organize this because the other person hasn't posted anything in awhile. Its too close to the departure without a designated organizer.

I am new to FE's and cruising and would hate to see it fall apart at the end.

I also agree with the cutoff date of 6/22. We are leaving a week later to begin our vacation.

Christina, YOU ROCK! Thank you so much for filling me in! I'm getting ready to order our FE off of etsy and I am soooo excited!! This is a surprise for my kids, I can't wait to see their faces!! Thanks for all of the info. I'm not sure I followed your "pages" instructions, but will try!!

Thanks again!!
Lori

Hello everyone!

I've reached out to Pages, and she has started a thread. I am happy to organize. If Pages would like to take over, I am happy to do so, I just don't want to step on anyone's toes!

Information that I would like from you BEFORE WEDNESDAY JUNE 26h:
This gives us 2 wks to join the group, and 2wks before the sail date to get everything in order as some of you may be making FE gifts. Don't forget, it's the 4th of July weekend as well, so start planning:yay:

Room Number (if unknown at moment, just put unknown, I can fill in the blanks at a later date)
Names of adults
Names of children, including their ages and gender
Allergies (pls note that we will try to ensure, but sometimes things just slip - parents, pls check over the items in case some candy contains nuts)
Celebrations: birthdays, anniversary, share details!
Cruises: Is this your first or 10th Disney Cruise

I will try and keep the group small, it is not fun running around the ship like a crazy person, stressing to deliver items. Have fun with this!! If the group gets to large, I will split it into two groups. I will figure something out and keep you all posted.

If anyone has any questions, please post here or PM me. I am checking this board daily. I will be Cruising on the Dream between July 27th and returning on Sun the 30th - so I will be in radio silence. Don't think I am avoiding you.

I will lastly say I don't want to chase anyone. I have to chase a child for school work, and a husband that is demanding. Not chasing! I am a great organizer, but am also very busy. I appreciate kindness. That being said, let the fun begin!! It is exactly 1 month today that we will be sailing on the Dream!

I will see how this works out on my next Cruise, I was thinking of perhaps getting everyone Hawaiian Leis to wear on the Sail Away party, this way we can exchange a few hellos with one another... I will need help to distribute them on different floors.

Christina:flower1:

Christina, YOU ROCK! Thank you so much for filling me in! I'm getting ready to order our FE off of etsy and I am soooo excited!! This is a surprise for my kids, I can't wait to see their faces!! Thanks for all of the info. I'm not sure I followed your "pages" instructions, but will try!!

Thanks again!!
Lori

Hi Lori, Pages is a person who has posted a link for our cruise date to sign up if you'd like to join the FE group. Sorry for the confusion! I will touch base with you within the next few days.
Thanks, Christina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter