Disney Dream April 18-21, 2013

We had an excellent time! Thanks to everyone for the awesome FE gifts, the girls loved checking for something new every time we came back to the room!:)

Just back at our home ! We loved the Dream We are two adults in early fifties . We enjoyed the over 18s areas. The pool area was much smaller than the Wonder/Magic however the top deck over 18 areas was huge with many areas to lounge in the sun. Cabin seemed smaller but that could be my imagination . We were in stateroom 10544 on top deck but the balcony had a huge overhang from deck 11 would suggest deck 8 would be better. Great cruise . Castaway cay will always be one of my favourite places on earth.

We got back safely to California last night - thankfully, we avoid the air traffic delays that started today. We had a wonderful time and really loved the new ship. Our 3 previous cruises were on the Wonder so this was a first for us. I think the only downside was that 3 days was just way too short! The plus side was that we spent 4 days at Wilderness Lodge and got to explore the new Fantasyland. :goodvibes

Gotdbltrbl - huge thanks to you for getting this thread started and the tip on the Comfort Suites. :thumbsup2 We got there and checked-in/out just like you suggested and so we never had to go back to the hotel. Just boarded a van back to the ship when we were done (the ride was only $12 each way). The lazy river was so much fun. My DD who is 5 absolutely loved it.

We got back safely to California last night - thankfully, we avoid the air traffic delays that started today. We had a wonderful time and really loved the new ship. Our 3 previous cruises were on the Wonder so this was a first for us. I think the only downside was that 3 days was just way too short! The plus side was that we spent 4 days at Wilderness Lodge and got to explore the new Fantasyland. :goodvibes

Gotdbltrbl - huge thanks to you for getting this thread started and the tip on the Comfort Suites. :thumbsup2 We got there and checked-in/out just like you suggested and so we never had to go back to the hotel. Just boarded a van back to the ship when we were done (the ride was only $12 each way). The lazy river was so much fun. My DD who is 5 absolutely loved it.

So glad that worked for you. We did ours through Disney and would NOT do that again! It was all smooth, but very time consuming and for what you paid, the way to go is the Comfort Suites. It felt like it took forever to get done with the tour guide from Atlantis. We finally just left the group and went out on our own which we may not have done had we never been to Atlantis before. We LOVE the "lazy" river. And the weather was perfect!

Well I am finally getting a moment to sit and relax, but I'd rather be sitting and relaxing on Castaway Cay and not my living room:rotfl2:. We made it home yesterday morning after driving through the night. I've gone through a few pics which I will try to post later once I do some serious photoshopping of myself :) We had a wonderful cruise, we have yet to have a bad one on Disney. But what I found sad was that my oldest DS (16) felt too old, so I didn't end up prebooking another one which I had every intention on doing. I admit, I wanted to cry. I love Disney and everything about them. How they treat everyone and how they really strive on making sure you have a wonderful vacation. And the thought of not going again (at least in the next few years) makes me sad. And what makes me more sad I think is my oldest is growing up and not my little guy anymore. So cherish all your time with your little ones!

We did rent bikes on Castaway Cay and that was a lot of fun. I would recommend doing that, especially if the weather is overcast. We got lucky with the few clouds in the morning but the sun came out after that brief shower. We did snorkel out and found Minnie but the water was a little choppy and cloudy so we didn't see anything else. Lunch of course amazing, as was all the food! I never saw my DSs eat so much! And I know if I made Duck for dinner their noses would be so up in the air, but they ate every bite on their plate. And they loved our Server/Asst. Server. They did magic tricks for our table, and the boys really enjoyed that. Now it's back to cleaning my own house, making our own beds and trying to get my boys to eat what I make for dinner!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the FE, we had a GREAT time with that. (Is it weird that I am sad that since there is no cruise on the horizon, I have no crafts to work on or make on my down time? Maybe I'll try Etsy so I can still have some Disney in my life).

I hope you all post some pics as well. When we were delivering our FEs my son said "I wonder what the people look like". We all probably passed each other or rode the elevator together and didn't even know it! Thanks for adding a little more magic to our Dream cruise!pixiedust:

On the bus to the airport.....I have mixed feelings about our first disney cruise {and only 2nd cruise ever}. I didn't feel the disney "magic" like I do at WDW.......I was mostly bummed the entire time that we weren't still at WDW :/

Also, the vibrations in our cabin were horrible. I didngt sleep a wink the first nightg. The 2nd was ok, maybe because we were already at/near CC when I went to bed? Last night slept a bit, but woke Up probably every hour from the vibrations.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using DISBoards

I'm sorry you didn't feel the "magic". And I do know what you mean about the vibrations and depending on where you are on the ship I think they are worse/better, I took sleep aid when I went to bed. I love the cruise, but I just don't sleep well on them until really the last night. I think it's because I know we are always moving. Our room steward was very nice, but our waitstaff was awesome. I think that makes a difference too. What did you think about Castaway Cay? I hope you have some magical moments to remember of your cruise!

I agree, the vibrations were awful. I also didn't feel the "magic" ... We had several problems this trip, and I got married onboard the ship.

Anyone else cry when it started to pour at CC? Thankfully it didn't last to long!

lescal79 said:
I agree, the vibrations were awful. I also didn't feel the "magic" ... We had several problems this trip, and I got married onboard the ship.

Anyone else cry when it started to pour at CC? Thankfully it didn't last to long!

I saw u in the lobby getting pics, unless there was another couple.....was your DH in uniform?

Yep, we got caught in the downpour too....as soon as I finished moving all our stuff under an umbrella it stopped!

I just want to add, as much as I didn't feel the magic, I think that was mostly due to us just having come from WDW. I LOVE wdw so was really bumed to leave. We won't do another family trip to WDW until probably 2015 (every year is too much for Dh) BUT we decided to do another cruise next april. I think I'll enjoy it more not having just come from the parks.....we are thinking the 4 day bahamas on the magic. ODS is super excited about the new slides it will have...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter