Disney Dream 12/29/2011

No snow in Northern California. It is suppose to be a beautiful 60 degrees. We did have a few inches of snow on the hills a few weeks ago. Very unusual around here!

I have been extremely busy these past few weeks getting everything ready for our trip and Christmas. What was I thinking booking a trip...leaving on Christmas Day. It sounded so cute, but right now the reality of getting everything done is a little over whelming...

Today we are packing like crazy
.:eek: We leave on Monday to spend a few days with my family in Oregon. Were we will also pick up :earsgirl: :earsgirl: (2)cousins, to take with us to Disney! We fly out of Portland on Christmas Day for our: Christmas trip to WDW and New Years on the Wonder. :cheer2:. I am so excited! It seems like we have been counting down forever.

I also need to finish wrapping my last few Christmas presents. We are going to do Christmas with our kids tomorrow.

I better get of the DIS and get to packing and wrapping.:)

all the kids will be 14 and 16...what the heck! im going to 15, stuck right in the middle of everyone :sad2:

We will be on board, celebrating the New Year on the Disney Dream. Can't wait.:cool1:

Hi all. So I'll be joining you guys on this cruise as well. My name is Sam, I like sunsets, long walks on the beach, cuddling and...uuummmmm...sorry...wrong board. :teeth: Anyway, cruising with me will be my imaginary friend Darryl, my other imaginary friend Ernie and the voices in our heads. (OK, it's just me. I'm one of those weirdos who tends to travel alone. And I blame having to pay the single supplement for making me crazy. :crazy:) At the time of sailing, I'll be 34. (Physically. Probably about 16 mentally, if that. Sean, I don't know if I belong on the adults thread or the kids thread. :teeth:) See you guys on the ship!

Welcome have you Cruised with Disney before?

Hi everyone!! My name is Shannon and along with my DH we have 3 children: DD18, DS15, and DD8:cutie:.(at cruise time) We are planning on this cruise, and will officially book it while on board at Christmas 2010. I had planned on booking them together, but the DCL representative said to wait and book the New Year's one while on board to get the discounts!!;)

This will be our 4th DCL cruise including the one we are taking over Christmas later this year. I am so glad to see that there A LOT of teens around the same age on this cruise, because on our last two AND the upcoming 12/23/10 one, there haven't been many.:sad1:

We live in the VERY VERY VERY south of Texas (10 minutes from the Mexico border) and it really never gets below 50 degrees...Thank God:worship:

I can't wait to get to know all of you!! We have a long wait ahead of us, but it will be here before you know it.

Shannon

Anyone familiar with fish extenders and interested in joining the fun?

Hi Kathryn - I've heard about the fish extenders from my sister Adnil530, who is also on this cruise. It sounds like fun...count me in!

Hi Kathryn & Susan,

I love fish extenders! Giving and receiving...lots of fun. I'm sure we'll do them on this trip. We'll get a list going of who would like to participate a bit closer to the date.

Linda

hi everyone!
Just thought I'd pop in to say hi, hope everyone is doing well- and hope you have a great weekend! :)

Welcome aboard Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo...I forget how far away this cruise is and that my little one will be almost 4 when we set sail. Last Christmas I took my first trip to Disneyworld and my 18 year old son stayed home...unfortunately for him, it wasn't a choice - I couldn't afford him - but he didn't want to go anyway. He's not into Disney - go figure...such a weird boy :lmao: Maybe you'll get "lucky" too???

Hmm, you know- I might get "lucky" in that way.... my oldest IS the least "into" Disney out of all 3 of my kids. LOL But IDK if she'll want to give up a cruise though..... hehe

hi this is kathryns son sean i'm the one who will be 14 i was wondering if any of you guys and gals had kids if so i would like to start a kids thread so the parents can talk in private and the kids can talk in private
sean:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:
Hey- another 14yr old!

:welcome:

I have two DS the same ages... 16 & almost 14. :)
Hey, another 14yr old boy..... hmm, if this thread is any indication- we can consider the cruise is gonna have a lot of 14yr old boys on it. :lol:

Hi everyone!! My name is Shannon and along with my DH we have 3 children: DD18, DS15, and DD8:cutie:.(at cruise time) We are planning on this cruise, and will officially book it while on board at Christmas 2010. I had planned on booking them together, but the DCL representative said to wait and book the New Year's one while on board to get the discounts!!;)

This will be our 4th DCL cruise including the one we are taking over Christmas later this year. I am so glad to see that there A LOT of teens around the same age on this cruise, because on our last two AND the upcoming 12/23/10 one, there haven't been many.:sad1:

We live in the VERY VERY VERY south of Texas (10 minutes from the Mexico border) and it really never gets below 50 degrees...Thank God:worship:

I can't wait to get to know all of you!! We have a long wait ahead of us, but it will be here before you know it.

Shannon
aw, our kids ages are almost gonna be the same by then! Well, sorta.... (mine will be DD18, DS14, DD11- but she's a little one, unless she grows a whole lot in the next year or so... which I suppose could happen. LOL Ofcourse I have NO IDEA what age groupings they'll have on the dream- or if they'll even do the age groupings at all...... considering what I've read about the changes on Wonder and soon-to-be on the Magic also. But we'll see when the time comes I suppose LOL)

And you're a fellow Texan! :woohoo:

I hope you're able to book it and join us on this cruise. :)
Personally I booked this cruise now, even though I didn't have extra rooms booked onboard (to just transfer the dummy dates to this cruise) because I was afraid it might be booked full over the holidays OR at the very least the price will be much higher another year later- which kinda makes the onboard booking discount and OBC null and void if the price is higher. Plus I wanted to make sure our rooms were near one another too. Hope you are able to book this cruise and hope you get everything you want (room/price/etc.) :) :) :)

Hi everybody!!

I can't believe the number of teens that are going to be on this cruise which is GREAT!!! My older two will be so excited to know that:)

I don't think we will have a problem booking at Christmas since it will still be a year in advance and the DREAM has twice the capacity as the existing ships. As far as the price goes, I am hoping for the best with our discounts, but we will book it regardless. Holidays and spring break are the only times we can vacation because of the strict truancy laws here in Texas:sad1: And this particular cruise has two stops at Castaway Cay which is the biggest selling point to DH!!! Our Christmas cruise of 2008 had the same and it was great to stop there twice. Unfortunately, our upcoming Christmas cruise of 2010 does not so DH is sad about that.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Shannon

Hi all. So I'll be joining you guys on this cruise as well. My name is Sam, I like sunsets, long walks on the beach, cuddling and...uuummmmm...sorry...wrong board. :teeth: Anyway, cruising with me will be my imaginary friend Darryl, my other imaginary friend Ernie and the voices in our heads. (OK, it's just me. I'm one of those weirdos who tends to travel alone. And I blame having to pay the single supplement for making me crazy. :crazy:) At the time of sailing, I'll be 34. (Physically. Probably about 16 mentally, if that. Sean, I don't know if I belong on the adults thread or the kids thread. :teeth:) See you guys on the ship!

Just read NCL is not charging the single supplement on their newest ship..perhaps the industry will follow suit!

Hi Kathryn & Susan,

I love fish extenders! Giving and receiving...lots of fun. I'm sure we'll do them on this trip. We'll get a list going of who would like to participate a bit closer to the date.

Linda

Excellent! Our last cruise was our first time playing and we absolutely adored it!! Can't wait to meet all of you!

This will be my third Disney cruise. Both of the others were 4 day cruises on the Wonder. I strangely only seem to cruise during holidays, the first was over Thanksgiving, the second was another New Year's Eve cruise.[/QUOTE

We are hoping for a huge New Year's bash....since you have cruised on New Years before any insights?

Hi everybody!!

I can't believe the number of teens that are going to be on this cruise which is GREAT!!! My older two will be so excited to know that:)

I don't think we will have a problem booking at Christmas since it will still be a year in advance and the DREAM has twice the capacity as the existing ships. As far as the price goes, I am hoping for the best with our discounts, but we will book it regardless. Holidays and spring break are the only times we can vacation because of the strict truancy laws here in Texas:sad1: And this particular cruise has two stops at Castaway Cay which is the biggest selling point to DH!!! Our Christmas cruise of 2008 had the same and it was great to stop there twice. Unfortunately, our upcoming Christmas cruise of 2010 does not so DH is sad about that.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Shannon
Both of my boys are very excited by the number of teens! Shaping up to be a great vacation!:dance3:

We are sailing the Dream for New years 2011 too! So excited and never really imagined that I would be. We are not really the beach-y type travelers, but love all things Disney. The new cruise and New years were the selling features for us.

We are a 30-something couple with DD's aged 13 & 5 when we cruise...looking forward to fish extenders! :)

Just got back last night from Florida. We bought a vacation home there and now it is all set up.

We didn't have time to do WDW :sad1: but it was a very hectic trip. Every time we saw a DCL bus, we would comment on which ship would be sailing that day. They use them for transport other than cruises too so everytime we saw one, it wasn't coming to or from the port.

Can't wait until we are heading to a port though!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter