• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney dollars ?

stonesix

Earning My Ears
We are going for the first time in 1 week, can they be used anywhere in WDW? We have done Kings dominion and I know there scooby bucs, if you buy 100 you get 110 is this true for disney world also? or is it 100 for 100?

You can use them anywhere in WDW. I've used them in stores, restaurants and carts. And it's $1.00 for $1.00, so if you buy $100 disney dollars, you get $100.00 disney dollars. Enjoy your vacation!

Do the Disney Bucks work like Traveler's Checks? I'm just wondering what is the advantage of having them. Thanks!

The Disney dollars in their various denominations and designs are so colorful and cute. You can't help but want to keep one of each as souvenirs. And that's probably just what "Mickey" had in mind!

You're probably right! ;) They sound cute. I think I've overheard them being mentioned at the Disney Stores. Can they be purchased there?

Originally posted by cowtownmom
You're probably right! ;) They sound cute. I think I've overheard them being mentioned at the Disney Stores. Can they be purchased there?

Yes, you can purchase them at the Disney Store.

Originally posted by cowtownmom
Do the Disney Bucks work like Traveler's Checks? I'm just wondering what is the advantage of having them. Thanks!

Many people find it easier to save $ for souvenirs etc. if they change the money into Disney Dollars as they save up for their trips. You'd be much less likely to grab a $5 here and there from your stash if you couldn't actually use it anywhere but a Disney owned spot.

Disney Dollars are basically Disney Cash. They are just a fun way to buy things while you are at Disney. But sense they are Cash, if you lose them well you are out.

We do what others do and buy them over a period of time and put them away for our trip. No risk of spending them!

I also go and buy them in larger amounts in the last month before our trip on my Amex to get the additional points. It all adds up....I haven't paid for an airline ticket in years!

We have used them for our 2 DSs to save up. They have gotten them as rewards. We would keep track of how many they earn each week and then we head to the Disney Store and purchase the Disney Dollars. Whatever they have earned by the time of our trip is what they have to spend on souveniers. It has worked great to motivate them and to get them excited about our trip which is almost here.

Disney Dollars are a great way to save for the trip. If I start to save money I usually will at some point use it on something else. So, if you are near a Disney Store go in once a week a few months out from your trip and buy $20 worth each week. I use to work at a Disney Store so I'd buy about $20 each week about a year out from my trip and even more as the trip got closer. You'd be surpised at how much you can save for a trip. For me this is one of the best ways to save my spending money if I go to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter