Disney Divas Getaway!!

At least three of the Divas reunited yesterday when Mary & I made a quick trip to see Becky! :dance3:
We were all rejected for The Moms Panel so we consoled ourselves with sangria and cupcakes ( http://oohlalasweets.com/ )

Forgot to mention that I, too, am a fellow mom's panel reject. :mad: I thought I'd at least make it to round 2. Did they have a round 2 this year? No matter--at least I'm in good company. :grouphug:

And it's a good thing Austin is back on dh's job opportunity list, because I have to get me some of those tasty treats from Ooh La La! A cupcake tower and a spicy margarita from Chuy's (or 2, or 3 :rolleyes1) might be all I need to console my rejected self.

So, Linda, can I take Kris' question to mean that you've had the cataract surgery? Are you faithfully putting in your eye drops?

And is anyone considering the new "pay for 4 nights, get 3 nights free" hotel and ticket offer? It's not as good as free dining, but certainly better than the free upgrade to parkhoppers and water parks that was offered last spring. Now had the "buy 4, get 3 free" included the DDP, we might have had to consider going in March, for the $200 gift card, and over dh's birthday, for another $75 gift card. But, alas, we'll just have to wait until fall. Because once you've had free dining, it's tough to go back!

Kristin, the only complaint I have about my eyes is that I did not have it done before. Of course, by waiting until this year, it is FREE! Once I pay in my max everything is 100% paid in full so I am taking full advantage. Too bad it is so little time until the end of the year or I might get even more done. :lmao: I am soooo looking forward to the heart procedure as it has a high rate of success and I have been so sick for so long. I am mowing the lawn/leaves today and can only do a strip or two at a time. I hate that. Tom hates it too as I do not fix him as good a meal as he 'deserves'. Poor man. Anyone know anything about Purple Panther 'Juice"?:rotfl:

TB1, I would rather have that offer than the Free Dining. I prefer CS as I like to eat when I want and not be tied down and I am thinking the $200 certificate would fill the bill nicely. It IS for food also? I just cannot commit to anything right now though until I know I will be in better shape than last trip. I would hate for you DISers to have to pass me around like the fridges, strollers and such. A SG swap, as each person leaves they pass me on to someone else to take care of. :scared1:

I cannot wait to see what great deals they come up with in 2009 and hope to take full advantage of some of them. Hope you all can join me too and I will take care of YOU!:love:

SG

Aw, Linda, I'd take you in a heartbeat! You would still be willing to save seats for parades and such, wouldn't you? ;)

The buy 4, get 3 free does NOT include the DDP--you'd have to pay for that OOP, which I'd never do. The big drawback for me on this deal is the ticket requirement and that the maximum # of free days is 3. So while you could book a longer stay (like, 2 weeks) you'd still only get 3 days free unless you booked 2 separate packages. And if you book 2 separate packages, you have to buy 7 day passes (for the price of a 4 day) for EACH of those packages. While I don't mind buying a 1 day pass for each 2 week free dining stay and saving it for the next annual pass, those 4 day passes are another story.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Diva K, inert objects are far easier to care for and usually more useful. A Slightly Goofy is a bit like a fine spice, best taken in small amounts. :lmao:

I hold seats, have a GAC which means that I have to take my caretakers with me in line, and can pay my own way though. :cool1:

Thunderbird, it appears that you have been giving the package some thought and burning up the old calculator. Now that the price of gas is down so it is not as expensive for me to go down and back I might be willing to downgrade to a mere seven days. :angel: Guess I would not be able to use my Free Dining free passes toward the tickets though. I would have to live to be 150 to use all the ones I currently have. I fail to see what Disney has to gain by limited the length of stays so much. Maybe long term people spend less money?

SG

Just sitting here watching paint dry (literally!) :bored:
We are having our house painted...DH and I are taking turns staying home babysitting the painters and today is my turn... they have been here over a week, have completed 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms (upstairs.)
We are very pleased with their work so far, they are here between 8 & 9am and work until after 6pm...they are just really slow :hourglass
as long as they are done by Thanksgiving! :worried:

SG, how did your second surgery go :confused:

I am plumb full of phobias. I have so many but have finally whittled it down to just one 'Panaphobia". :lmao: Actually the only phobia I have that I would give anything, almost, to get rid of is my fear of dogs. It affects my life terribly. I love WDW because all the animals have zippers up their backs. :cool1:

Maybe watching a puppy cam will cure me?

SG

I am plumb full of phobias. I have so many but have finally whittled it down to just one 'Panaphobia". :lmao: Actually the only phobia I have that I would give anything, almost, to get rid of is my fear of dogs. It affects my life terribly. I love WDW because all the animals have zippers up their backs. :cool1:
Maybe watching a puppy cam will cure me?
SG
SlightlyGoofy scared of something?!?!? I don't believe it! :scared:
Did you have a bad experience with a canine? :confused:
Diva Mary's girls were afraid of my dogs before their recent stay (keep in mind, mine are almost 100 pounds each!) They would only feed the pups through the kitchen window (they called it doggie drive through!) But now they can't wait to get in the back yard with them...still don't like to touch their slobbery toys though! :dog2:

I ain't afeared of no spider nor snakes just furry things. :rotfl: I do not know where it came from but I surely do wish it would go away, far away. I detest anyone who would hurt an animal so it is not dislike of them but just plain fear. Irrational. Hate it, hate it. However I have confronted armed people trying to get in my house. Strange woman, I. The armed folks were in danger cause I was protecting my kids and I am a scary person when a child is in danger. :scared1:

I am not painting any 20 foot rooms either. My nearly 10 foot ones are bad enough.

Pizza scares me. It makes me swell up! :laughing:

Time for my afternoon yogurt. I try to never miss a meal. I have lost a bit over ten pounds this year. At this rate I will be 90 before I get down to where I want to be. At least I will not have to pay for an outsized coffin. A gal has to have a goal. :angel:

I hope the paint fumes are not bothering anyone. Not getting any sleep will not improve matters.

SG

Go figure...I don't like things with wings, including but not limited to birds, bats, bugs, butterflies...:butterfly

I love butterflies and bugs. Go figure. My backyard is aflutter with butterflies on a warm summer day. Sort of like flying flowers. I love it!

SG

If anyone is interested, Diva Mary got the recipe during her trip with DH earlier this month...she liked the sangria so much when the Divas were there in September she made a point to go back and get the recipe! Anyway, she made it Saturday night...it was tasty buy could have been stronger! :rotfl: :laughing:

Sure... send me a copy. What area did the sangria recipe come from?

8 cups Cabernet
3 qts. Orange Juice
1 2/3 cup Marsala
2 cups pineapple juice concentrate

Finish with a splash of sprite and fruit before serving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter