• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Reviews Jan 31st - Feb 5th

JENR

Disney Addict
We had a wonderful trip and alot of good food. I did realize on this trip that we need to start trying new resturants. We did mostly the same ones we always do but did try a few new things. We were on the dining plan as we usually are.

Cast:
Me - 32
DH - 32
DD - 15
DS - 6
DS - 3

Jan 31st - Arrival day.

We were staying at VWL so we checked in and headed to Roaring forks for lunch. My DH had the Roast Beef Sandwich and I had the Ham and Cheese. The sandwiches were just okay. My boys had nuggets and loved them and my DD had a bagel. I then let DH and DD take a nap and took my boys to MGM for a few hours.
Ohana
We had an ADR for Ohana at 6:45 p.m. We arrived about ten minutes early and were seated immediately. Everything was wonderful as usual. I really love the chips. The salad was great. I only tried the steak, which was very good. The pototoes were awesome, but best of all was the bread pudding. I love that stuff. My kids ordered grilled cheese and chicken fingers, which they loved. Our server was very prompt and attentive. Probably the best service we have ever had at Ohanas.

Feb 1st - We did EMH at MK so we stopped at the Main Street Bakery. I have always wanted to try this place and I am so happy we did. I had the French Toast Loaf, which was very yummy. My kids had donuts and my DH just had a bagel. Everything was good and this is my new favorite place for breakfast.

Casey's Corner - This is our favorite counter service in MK. I love the corn dog nuggets. DH had a hot dog and kids had cheese fries. The only thing I was disappointed with was that you no longer get fries with your meal on the dining plan. You only get hot dog or nuggets, drink and a brownie. You have to use a snack credit for the fries. We then went across the street and shared a hot fudge sundae, which was wonderful.

LTT - We had an 4:20 ADR for LTT. Once again, we were seated almost immediately. The food was great as usual. The rolls were nice and warm and very good, but I still miss the honey butter. My DH ate 3 of them. I am not crazy about their salad. It just looks like it is straight our of a bag. We had turkey, flank steak, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing and mac and cheese. The turkey was the best as were the potatoes and mac and cheese. This time they had apple cobbler for dessert, which we all loved. Once again, my kids had grilled cheese and chicken fingers. Our server was not really good but we had a great time anyway. We really love this place. The characters were Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto and Minnie. Character interaction was good.

Feb 2nd - We had a 9:30 ADR for Cape May Character breakfast. We arrived on time but were not seated for about 45 minutes. The place was not busy so we couldn't figure it out. Here because of the tornados, many servers could not make it to work. We were finally seated and had a great server. The same server we had on our Sept trip. The food was great as usualy but they no longer serve Krispie Cream Donuts. Our favorite. Our server said they are trying to make the buffet healthier. I guess cinamon rolls are healthier than donuts. The characters (especially Goofy) are usually the best here but nothing special this time. We still had a great meal but I don't think we will return for a while.

Wolfgang Puck Express - My new favorite place to eat at WDW. It was wonderful. My DS had cheese quesadias, DH, DS3 and DD had cheese pizza and I had the Margarita Pizza. Everything was out of this world. The best pizza I have ever had on Disney property.

We shared a Ghiardelli's hot fudge sundae for dessert, which was yummy as usual.

Feb 3rd - We had a 8:10 ADR for Ohanas for breakfast. This was a new one for our family and by far my favorite of the trip. We were seated right away and were served pineapple break and cinnamon rolls. I did try the pineapple bread which was awesome. The juice was out of this world. We were then served fruit. Then our skillet came with eggs, potatoes, sausage, bacon and my family's favorite, Mikey waffles. We immediately asked for more waffles because they were gone in a second. Everything was great. The potatoes and eggs were very good. Our server was awesome also. My boys love stitch so this was their favorite also. Stitch was alot of fun. He kept taking my son's had off and wearing it. The other characters were Mickey, Pluto and Lilo. We will definately return to this one.

Beaches and Cream
We drove over to our favorite resort and had dinner at Beaches and Cream. This is a family favorite. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a booth. We started out with onion rings and a ceasar salad. I really love their onion rings. DH and I had burgers and fries, which were awesome as usual. Their burgers are always so good. The kids, you guessed it, had grilled cheese sandwiches. For dessert I had the Fudge Mud Slide, which was so yummy. DH had a peanut butter sundae, which he loved. DD had Brownie Ala Mode, which she gobbled up and the boys had a Mickey sundae. Everything was very very good. Our server was very attentive and friendly.

Sunday, Feb 4th

I used two snack credits at the gift shop and got a box of donuts and 1/2 gallon of milk for the kids. DH and I just had bagels at Roaring Forks.

Wolfgang Puck Express
After heading to Epcot for a couple of rides, I really had to go back to Wolfgang Pucks for pizza again. We all got the same thing and really loved everything. I am craving this place right now.

Captain Cooks at the Poly
We headed to MK so the kids could do all 3 mountains one last time before we went home in the morning. After MK we took the monorail to Captain Cooks. DH and I shared a double cheeseburger with those really good chips. The kids had the usual. Everything was good.

Monday, Feb 5th.

Time to go home. We had to get up early so the kids just ate those donuts again and DH and I had bagels. Then it was off to the airport.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the reviews. I wasn't too thrilled with cape may bkfst during our summer trip either. It gets good reviews, I thought it was just me.

No more Krispy Kremes? :scared1: That's it, I'm cancelling that ADR! Does anyone know if Chef Mickey's still has KK's?

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Can you tell us more about the snack credits for breakfast. Donuts and milk. I can do that. Tell us more.
Great review. Thank you

How were you able to get grilled cheese and chicken fingers at LTT for dinner? Did you have to ask for them special?

My dd11 hates the food at LTT (except for the mac & cheese) and I know she would be much happier with either grilled cheese or chicken fingers. We're eating there Easter night.

Can you tell us more about the snack credits for breakfast. Donuts and milk. I can do that. Tell us more.
Great review. Thank you

I went down to our gift shop and they sell boxes of entermann's donuts. They are 1 snack credit for the box and a half gallon of milk was also just 1 snack credit. It was two days worth of breakfast for my kids for only 2 snack credits.

How were you able to get grilled cheese and chicken fingers at LTT for dinner? Did you have to ask for them special?

My dd11 hates the food at LTT (except for the mac & cheese) and I know she would be much happier with either grilled cheese or chicken fingers. We're eating there Easter night.

Yes, we just asked our server for them. We do this every time we eat at LTT. My kids only like the mac and cheese. You have to pay the full price though but at least your kids will get something they like.

Thanks for that tip about Casey's. I have a feeling that this is one place that hubby will probably want to have lunch, so knowing that the fries are a separate snack credit will help us plan.

loved your reviews

Our family loves LTT as well.

Never new about Ohana for breakfast.
that will be a must do for us

thanks again

No more Krispy Kremes? :scared1: That's it, I'm cancelling that ADR! Does anyone know if Chef Mickey's still has KK's?

We were just at Chef Mickey's 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure if they were actual KK donuts, but they were very tasty. My 3 yr. old DS ate 4 of them!!:scared1: So, they must have been delish!

Great reviews!

Can you tell me if Beaches and Cream had burgers and or hot dogs on their kid's menu? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter