Disney Dining Plan calculator - Amazing Tool!!!

Just curious how you are saving money by going on the dining plan.

Well @Kiki Mouse...we will be staying for 6 days on the DxDP...for myself, my husband, 14 y/o daughter 6 and 2 year old boys. We will have a character breakfast every morning (which gives us more time on rides at the park instead of gathering autographs). One of of breakfast meals will be at CRT. We also have a few signature dinners planned as well. With the portion size at WDW I almost positive I will not have to purchase food for my 2 year old. My 14 year old can eat WHATEVER she wants without the worry of price and 2 of our signatures includes unlimited. Beer/wine and includes gratuity. So we will definitely be ahead lol

Well @Kiki Mouse...we will be staying for 6 days on the DxDP...for myself, my husband, 14 y/o daughter 6 and 2 year old boys. We will have a character breakfast every morning (which gives us more time on rides at the park instead of gathering autographs). One of of breakfast meals will be at CRT. We also have a few signature dinners planned as well. With the portion size at WDW I almost positive I will not have to purchase food for my 2 year old. My 14 year old can eat WHATEVER she wants without the worry of price and 2 of our signatures includes unlimited. Beer/wine and includes gratuity. So we will definitely be ahead lol

The reason we didn't do the DDP this year was after we got home last year we looked at the receipts for all our meals and snacks. We didn't save any money.

I'm not being argumentative or anything, just curious if you think you will eat $2000 worth of food in six days.

I was very surprised when we got home this month and looked at what we spent vs. what the DDP would have cost us.

The reason we didn't do the DDP this year was after we got home last year we looked at the receipts for all our meals and snacks. We didn't save any money. I'm not being argumentative or anything, just curious if you think you will eat $2000 worth of food in six days. I was very surprised when we got home this month and looked at what we spent vs. what the DDP would have cost us.

No problem at all @Kiki Mouse...where did you dine? We're not huge fast food eaters so we opted for all TSM. Because we do t leave the parks for a rest we enjoy our time in the restaurants for a nice rest. We get up early for the character meals and have a late dinner. The last time we visited we had regular dining plan and with the counter service meals I never felt relaxed lol. I don't know if it's a mom thing but when I go on Vacay...I want to go on vacay lol. I don't want to carry trays every meal or find tables lol. I just want to sit and let someone else do all the work. :)

No problem at all @Kiki Mouse...where did you dine? We're not huge fast food eaters so we opted for all TSM. Because we do t leave the parks for a rest we enjoy our time in the restaurants for a nice rest. We get up early for the character meals and have a late dinner. The last time we visited we had regular dining plan and with the counter service meals I never felt relaxed lol. I don't know if it's a mom thing but when I go on Vacay...I want to go on vacay lol. I don't want to carry trays every meal or find tables lol. I just want to sit and let someone else do all the work. :)

Breakfasts: Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Boma, Garden Grove (Swan hotel...you have to pay $15 for parking!)

Lunch: Tonys

Supper: Chip & Dale's harvest feast, Sci Fi drive in, Rainforest Café

We did one day at SeaWorld and had the park ticket/meal dining deal

I know what you mean about the counter service restaurants. They can be a test of patience. We would find a table first and my husband would sit down with the little kids and my older daughter and I would order food. We looked at menus on a dining app. so everybody knew what they wanted before getting to the counter.

Having said that, there are times I feel rushed at Chef Mickeys and Tusker House.

Breakfasts: Tusker House, Chef Mickeys, Boma, Garden Grove (Swan hotel...you have to pay $15 for parking!) Lunch: Tonys Supper: Chip & Dale's harvest feast, Sci Fi drive in, Rainforest Café We did one day at SeaWorld and had the park ticket/meal dining deal I know what you mean about the counter service restaurants. They can be a test of patience. We would find a table first and my husband would sit down with the little kids and my older daughter and I would order food. We looked at menus on a dining app. so everybody knew what they wanted before getting to the counter. Having said that, there are times I feel rushed at Chef Mickeys and Tusker House.

I've read a few other post about being rushed while dining..ESPECIALLY CRT. I decided not to do CRT because the breakfast menu look scarce coupled with the "rush" factor. I can't wait until my ADR day 11/13 so that I can stop changing my mind already lol.

We will save $300 without the DDP. That's 10 nights, 11 days. Eight ADR's. Three of them signature (CRT, Cali Grill and Yachtsman). With refillable mugs.

If on the DDP I would still have to pay OOP for two TS meals and 3 QS meals.

We aren't big dessert people at TS meals. We would rather get something later while roaming the parks. Kind of what we do at home also. After dinner stop by a local ice cream stand and get a sundae or just don't have dessert because we are stuffed.

We do like appetizers and sometimes order 1-2 with our meals.

I've done the numbers myself and had myself saving $500 without the DDP. Also I think I'll save even more money without the DDP. DS is hit or miss with food. He's a big eater as a teenage boy but he has his moments where he'll have an appetizer as an entree, have a big steak, might want to share something with myself or his sister or just want a kids meal. DD is 7 and gets tired of the kid offerings so I'll share with her or she will order an adult CS meal. Especially in the heat we don't eat much. My kids are huge snackers when in Disney and real life if I let them. I can see them snacking and not eating much at dinner.

We will NOT save money with the DDP on our trip, we pretty much decided that already. With that being said I love the ability to quantify my suspicions and prove them right or wrong.

In subsequent trips I'm sure we will use it, just not in the next one.

I think I use this every trip thinking, "Maybe this trip it will work for us." But, once again, for 2015, we'll spend almost $400 less for a Family of 4 by paying OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter