Disney Dining Plan calculator - Amazing Tool!!!

ooooh, dying to try this but dont have excel at home - i have some other Microsoft spreadsheet program.....i ll have to get my butt to the computer and try....

does this ask you for travel dates since buffet prices vary according to season? does it take buffets into account? 7/8 of the ADRs i have booked are buffets....but theres no way to tell exactly what the prices will be on our trip, they just list a price range (sometmes fairly large range).i havent decided if i will get the DP or not but maybe this will help me decide.

This is a super cool tool!!!

It confirms what I thought.... that the DDP will only save us money if we upgrade from a free dining plan or get a Stay/Play/Dine discount.

I do REALLY like the convenience of having everything pre-payed and not stressing about how much we are spending, but on the other hand I can see myself stressing about getting our money back from the plan.

Ha! I am dense! :rotfl:

Turns out that the DXDP will actually SAVE us $300 even without drinks or a discount. Looks like we are getting the dining plan!

Thank you very cool and very helpful to help make up the minds of our family....
thanks

very interesting......... wonder how accurate it is though. I plugged in our ADRs and guessed at which park QS restaurants we might eat at. Mine comes out to

Reg. Dining Plan - $1342
Out of Pocket Cost - $1449

So we'd save $100 by getting the DP....

Same here...doesn't work in numbers on a Mac either. We have two PCs in the house so ill try there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Works fine on my macbook :)
And thanks OP!! That is aaaaaa-mazing!!!!!:thumbsup2

for our family it was a difference of $2.45 more doing the package instead of out of pocket dining... for $2.45 it is not worth bringing tons of cash and using our visa for everything. now we just use it for spending money and thats it trip will be paid in full before we go.....

Im staying offsite, so i used it to try and estimate the cost of our meals that we will be doing at disney. It was really helpful. I then went to allears menus and looked up each restaurant and made an estimate there... They are pretty accurate. Im glad i did because i was UNDERESTIMATING my cost in disney meals. Now i can adjust!

Same here...doesn't work in numbers on a Mac either. We have two PCs in the house so ill try there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Wish I read all the way through before I downloaded it to my Mac:rolleyes:
I'll try it on the PC today. Thanks OP:)

Pretty sure the numbers are right, we're saving a good chunk thanks to the rate our CAA agent was able to get. Also, I think we're saving so well because we chose some more expensive restaurants than we'd otherwise not go to if we were OOP, part of the reason I like the dining plan. That and it's all paid for.

Now I have a good idea what our OOP costs will be. It also recommended where to use our credits. I guessed at a couple CS restaurants for lunch, won't always do that, but we'll be further ahead paying for some breakfasts OOP and saving the CS credits for in park lunches when we want them.

very interesting......... wonder how accurate it is though. I plugged in our ADRs and guessed at which park QS restaurants we might eat at. Mine comes out to

Reg. Dining Plan - $1342
Out of Pocket Cost - $1449

So we'd save $100 by getting the DP....
My theory has always been that the DP is close to break even. You don't save buckets and you don't usually pay out lots more with it. It is wonderful to those of us who like to know we pay nothing more out of pocket once our trip is paid off. It's a mental thing more than a huge cost savings. So I think results showing a $100 difference one way or the other are typical.

Works fine on my macbook :)
And thanks OP!! That is aaaaaa-mazing!!!!!:thumbsup2
What software do you run on your MAC? Open Office won't see the drop down menu on the dinner column. I did remote to my desktop PC at work and pull it up with Excel and it works great on that.

Wow!! What a great tool. We aren't big ADR people, even going for 2 weeks we only have 4. So I figured it out with my estimates of where we would eat on certain days and even with high estimates it looks like we would save $500 WITHOUT the DDP so I was right not to get it.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow! I was debating the DDP, and I was correct in my thinking that we are better off without it. We do like a sit down every day, sometimes two and like several of the 2 credit places. OOP saves us $380.75 according to this. Unless a deal comes out, looks like we are going OOP this trip. Thanks for the link!

This was really neat. I will save more OOP but if I decided I preferred a pre-paid plan, I now know which one would be cheapest for our family.

Thanks!

This is cool and confirms what I thought: if my daughter was 9 the plan would be worth it, but because she is 10 it is not.

For those having problems getting the drop down bars to work (for number of people etc.) I had to click on the enable editing button which popped up near the top. Once I enabled that everything worked amazingly.

My MacBook Pro was able to download the file. I entered the data using Excel for Office 2004.
:surfweb: I cannot, however, make ADRs using my MacBook Pro. I don't get the Continue or Next button, only the Cancel button. I can, however, make the ressies on my iPad. Strange but true.
It's a long time until June.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look at this more once we have our park days settled for October and see if there is free dining. :thumbsup2

After playing around with it and checking the accuracy of the prices, I found that the total cost isn't very accurate (like several hundreds of dollars off). But it did confirm that TIW is the best way to go for our dining style (breakfast in room, CS for lunch, signature for dinner). I was surprised to find that the next best way to go is OOP, not the DxDDP like I suspected.

I do wish they would include the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, and I wonder how updated it is considering Bistro is now Monsieur Paul and Yakitoria House is now Katsura Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!