• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney did it again ºoº

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
You know, we hear lots about the high cost of Disney, but let me tell you, you get what you pay for! Got a story...

About 10 days ago, I was surfing disney.com and came across the customer service e-mail addy. I've written in the past mostly with questions or positive comments. I wrote about 10 days ago with questions and mentioned my kids love meeting the characters. My daughter has several characters autographs but she really wants Daisy's! I mentioned that my son loves Eeyor too.

WELL! Today in the mail there was a BIG envelope addressed to both my kids, by name, from DISNEY! I gave it to dd and she opened it. There were two autographed photos, one addressed to ds (using his name) of Pooh, Eeyor, Tigger and Piglet and the other to my dd (using her name) of Donald and Daisy! PRETTY DARN COOL! The photos are enclosed in pretty cards too.

I told dd that this was as good as a personal invitation back to WDW! So I was hoping to go again next April 2002, now it looks pretty good!

I love Disney!

Sandra - What a wonderful story! Your children must have been so happy. Sounds like a personal invitation to me - now all your need is one of those post cards to arrive with an amazing rate!

Sandra that was soooo nice of them!:) I bet the kids were soooo surprised and now it makes you want to go and spend your hard earned Canuck dollars even more when you are treated a little extra "special".And yes CindyAnn it would be much nicer (for Mom & Dad) to give them a bigger discount for Canadians and then we'd be able to go more frequently with our tiny bucks!What a nice surprise for you kids!;)

Wow, that is so cool Sandra! I love hearing stories like this. :) What a neat surprise for your kids! :cool:

I'll bring them to the DISmeet in NF!

What a great Disney story! I wonder if they knew about your letter writing campaign:D Stories like this just make the 'magic' of Disney just that much more real.
Canadave

I have lots of stories like that one. Disney knows how to keep me interested.

Here are just a few of the special moments at WDW.

1) April 2001, whole family rode up front Monorail Pink and the driver stopped for routine check. He asked dd (7 yo) to make the announcement that we would be on our way momentarily. THANK GOODNESS FOR CAMCORDERS!

2) April 2001, dinner at Tony's. The server brought dd's autograph book in the kitchen for Lady and the Tramp's paw prints and Tony signed it too. Every kid in the restaurant was thrilled for dd.

3) April 2001, Sat in front row of Legend of the Lion King Show at AK, dd was picked TWICE from to participate in the show. Timon and a Monkey sat next to us and danced with dd.

4) April 2001, Chef Mickey breakfast, Chip crouched behind 15 month old ds and slowly stroked his hair. Chip was very still so when ds turned to see him, ds thought Chip was a big stuffy and hugged him. ds was happy with characters to this point, but wouldn't let them touch him UNTIL NOW! Chip was patient and stayed with ds so we could eat! ds couldn't get enough characters from that moment on!

5) April 2001, Bear in the Big Blue House Show, chatting with a CM, we talked about dd's 1998 Make a Wish Disney Trip. After the show, we were getting ready to leave when the CM asked us to stay until everyone left. BEAR came out to meet my kids. He posed for pictures and gave the kids an autographed photo of himself. Again, ds was most thrilled. For a 15 month old baby, it was definitely worth taking him to WDW! NEVER TOO YOUNG OR OLD!

6) June 1998, our last few Disney moments, dd and I started to cry, we didn't want to go. Goofy ran up the path and scooped up dd and myself with a big hug. He knew were wanted to stay. That's a great moment! Emotional Support from GOOFY!

7) Amazing Disney Moment ~ gave birth to dd Dec 5 ~ Walt Disney's Birthday!

Do you happen to have the e address?
We are going in Nov, but my FS can't go along with us so that woould be nice to get him one from Buzz and Woody.
Thanks a million!
Gerri

That's so cool!!! What a wonderful thing for Disney to do! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter